Where are all the wet coasters? - Page 11 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 808 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well hey if you post a link to where you'd like me to interduce meself.... I could do that. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
yup moved north to Didsbury, spent 7 weeks being an "Ice Road Trucker" (BORING,DAMN BORING) Now relaxing in Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks,planned and paid for mostly before things went for poo. Sherman is off at "Iron Mountain Diesel in Cremona getting a heart transplant. should be running when I get home. horse traded the rest of a wreck in trade for getting the motor installed in Sherman.
meh good luck on oil doing anything in less than several years, between a prime minister and a premier, who hate oil and private business, I don't think we're getting any breaks anytime soon.
An inevitable truth about the ME is that wars happen. A new one will kick off sooner or later that threatens supplies and oil will be up above $60 again.

I only remember Didsbury because that's where the pool and hospital are. not much else to that town from what I recall.

2005 F-350 ext. cab long box, FX4
EDGE Insite CTS w/ fuel pres, EGT, and rear diff temp
Blue Spring
BCP High Idle Mod
DS Bypass Coolant Filter
Rotella ELC
Rotella T6 5w-40 Synthetic
EGR Cooler Delete
Bulletproof Oil Cooler, Oil Filter, & Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
268 000km/167 500 miles as of Jan. 1 2015.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 06:46 PM

These days Didsbury is a pretty happening place. Carstairs on the other hand just wants to be bedroom community, and is almost proud of not supporting local startup businesses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
yup moved north to Didsbury, spent 7 weeks being an "Ice Road Trucker" (BORING,DAMN BORING) Now relaxing in Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks,planned and paid for mostly before things went for poo. Sherman is off at "Iron Mountain Diesel in Cremona getting a heart transplant. should be running when I get home. horse traded the rest of a wreck in trade for getting the motor installed in Sherman.
meh good luck on oil doing anything in less than several years, between a prime minister and a premier, who hate oil and private business, I don't think we're getting any breaks anytime soon.
Ya I know but we can hope right...

We do Puerto Vallarta every year for 3 weeks, rent a condo with our family and Friends just north of PV in Bucerias just got back March 28th, love it there. You got to try N-Wok resteraunt if you have not already. Great service, food and the best Margaritas
post #105 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
... is almost proud of not supporting local startup businesses.
Glad to see some things don't change. The only local business that wasn't rabidly crushed by the locals was the Chinese food joint across from the post office.

Blue Spring
BCP High Idle Mod
DS Bypass Coolant Filter
Rotella ELC
EGR Cooler Delete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #106 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 07:27 PM

Yeah we're down in neuvo Vallarta at the grand Mayan definitely had some good food. 2 bedroom suite with half kitchen in trade for our Fairmont week. Apparently to book it over the counter our rooms run 2k a night
That restaurant had some of the crappiest Chinese or whatever it was in carstairs. Good riddance to it.
post #107 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 07:33 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mind View Post
Glad to see some things don't change. The only local business that wasn't rabidly crushed by the locals was the Chinese food joint across from the post office.
I have never been to Canada, but seriously, the only successful "local" place is a Chinese place???

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #108 of 108 Old 04-20-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
I have never been to Canada, but seriously, the only successful "local" place is a Chinese place???
Chinese food places are general a small-town staple. Every small town in Canada over 500 people will have one. Probably came about because we used the Chinese to build all our railroads and highways in the late 1800s and early 1900s, so every community has a Chinese family.

You are right, it was garbage. Everything tasted fishy. But, it was the only successful "local" business.

Blue Spring
BCP High Idle Mod
DS Bypass Coolant Filter
Rotella ELC
EGR Cooler Delete

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode