Frame mounted aux tank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-16-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Frame mounted aux tank

So I’ve been collecting some waste fluids like atf, some used motor oils (10w30 and 15w40) I’ve probably got only 50 gallons but I want to start setting up the truck to run alternate fuels because I have a line on some veg that I haven’t gotten around to picking up yet.

So the question
Does anyone make a frame mounted aux tank?

The only tanks I see out there are in-bed tanks and I have a short bed so if I got a 100 or 150 gallon tank with the L shape I could put a toolbox on it but then I lose a lot of real estate for other stuff I don’t need like quads or parts or whatever. If you have a v3 setup with any kind of tank show some pics and let me know if you like it, what you would change etc let’s hear it all. I want to be able to travel some distance so 50 gallons under the truck would be minimum. I can carry spare fuel in 5 gallon cubes if on a trip or something but I only need 25 gallons tops for my weekly driving

I’ll take what I can get so my drawing board currently looks like this.....

Ultimate force centrifuge filling 5 gallon cubes for storage. 55 gallon drum coming soon
I’ll be dumping 5 gallon cubes or running the centrifuged oil directly into a 100-150 gallon l shaped tank in the bed where - heat exchanger heats oil and the v3 system will feed the 6literbeater

I’ll be burning these fuels like I said earlier....
Oil
ATF
WVO
WVO

That’s my current plan. I want a tank under the truck out of sight out of mind but I’m not terribly picky..... save $ is number 1 so I’ll be happy if I eliminate my 50$ fuel bill weekly average and drop the bill for the Florida trip I take at least once a year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2019, 05:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Garage
I dont understand the question, i think im missing something. Why not run the stock tank? Is it because of capacity? If so why not get a titan tank?
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
If you use alternative fuels you need a 2 tank setup. 1 carries diesel and the other carries the alternate fuel. The truck has to start and stop on diesel, but when the truck is at operating temperature a switch kicks over to the alternate fuel tank and runs that. When you shut the truck off it automatically purges the system of veg, oil, atf etc and the diesel is what sits in the lines so the truck has no issues with starting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode