How HEUI works and best to convert - Page 4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Henry View Post
Hey Jason, glad to see you here for a change!
Hows trix?
Glad to be here. . Trix? You talkin about my cereal or my second job on the corner of Broadway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I know I'm comming in late but am having problems. I've got a 95 F250 7.3 turbo. I'm trying to run veggie oil but am plugging filters with only dozens of miles on them. I'm using a 3 stage water filter based system to filter a 95/5% blend of WVO and WMO to 1 micron. Blending with 30% diesel and even 5% gasoline. Still having filters plug within a short time. I've checked fuel pressure at the shrader valve and it's running around 50psi at idle. I took a spare filter cap and fitted a pressure gauge to the center to read fuel pressure inside of the filter element. I never get more than 4psi with a new filter. I'm a mechanic but more used to Detroits,Cats, Perkins engines and fuel systems. The truck was driven by my dad who had an engine oil and filter changed a couple years ago and the truck never ran right afterward. He didn't even drive it last year. I drove myself nuts trying to find the problem with it. I serviced the fuel tanks, blew out the lines. Removed the fuel pressure regulator and cleaned all components. The smaller of the 2 mesh screens was quite filthy. I figured I found the problem. Nope, finally went a fellow mechanic who knows these newer systems better than I. He checked the oil. It was 10 quarts low. Checked the oil change reciept and found they only charged for 5 quarts of oil($5.65 a quart for reg oil). With only about 400 miles on the oil change we never thought to check oil level. (the truck has 68K miles on it) It runs much better now but only when using straight dino diesel. When running the blend it only gets enough veggie blended fuel through the filter to make good power when the filter is brand new. After 10-15 miles of use it will loose throttle response as it runs out of fuel and usually it dies. (I typically drive 2 - 4 miles a day) It will only restart a few time before it will no longer run. The gauge will show no pressure to even a vacuum at this point. The 4 psi maximum just doesn't sound right. Is there a modification or check that I can make to get more pressure on the filter? Could it be a problem with the small baffle(restrictor) that's in the port between the filter housing and the pressure regulator? Money is a problem - that's why I'm messing with WVO blends.
Best,
Ron
post #33 of 37 Old 02-24-2010, 06:24 AM

You should start a new thread on this topic. I would start with leave out the WMO in the mix. We also need a little more info about the setup. are you blending in the main tank with no other stuff to heat the oil?

Just a basic 01 F350 CCLB SRW 4x4 -Good from a far but far from good
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"TOT" (The Other Truck) 2000 f250 ex cab SB 2wd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 02-24-2010, 12:09 PM

x2, new thread please. and welcome to the org! just to be brief before your new thread, im seeing a number of problems that i wont go into detail to just yet. but my honest opinion, your best bet with money shortage and traveling 2-4 miles per day is B100. it can be had between $1 and $1.50 a gallon after startup expenses. which can be surprisingly low if your handy. again welcome to the org!

-Matt

Late 99 (2/99) Black F250, CC LB 4x4 Lariat 214k. All Stock for the moment...

1995 PSD, ext cab, one wheel wonder
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 297k miles, 30k on wvo. totaled 5/8/11 RIP This truck is for sale as a parts truck (Jason is about to receive forged rods, and drop kick his PMR's)
DB high torque starter
DIY 6637
Marinco Mod
DIY Electric fuel w/ wvo conversion

"A clean house is a sign of a mis-lead life."

Last edited by ridiculously_necessary; 02-24-2010 at 12:18 PM.
post #35 of 37 Old 10-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Powerstroke conversions

Fordnut,

I REALLY enjoyed reading your thesis on the history and workings of the Powerstroke. I haven't read anywhere of people converting the 2008-2010 6.4 L engine. Your write up stopped after describing changes in the 2008 MY.

Have you had any success in converting these newer engines to run on oil?
post #36 of 37 Old 10-19-2011, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesoildad View Post
Fordnut,

I REALLY enjoyed reading your thesis on the history and workings of the Powerstroke. I haven't read anywhere of people converting the 2008-2010 6.4 L engine. Your write up stopped after describing changes in the 2008 MY.

Have you had any success in converting these newer engines to run on oil?
I have one converted with a vegistroke system and am working on a few revisions to decrease purge volume...I have about 7k miles on vegi with it.

2003 6.0 F350 dually on high cholesterol fuel (WVO)
2000 7.3 Excursion also on a high cholesterol fuel

post #37 of 37 Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 PM

i am not even trying to convert to run on oil. i was just reading bc i am having issues with my 2000 7.3 not running smooth. and let me tell u. i have never gotten more info of ay other site or write up that ive read than this one. 2 thumbs up and a great write up. i think i can finially firgure it out now. again, great job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode