How do truck drivers do it?? - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Big Rigs Over the road truckin' talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
being up high does have the advantage of being able to see father down the road. Even though you might be closer than is good to the car in front of you, you can see far enough ahead to know what he is going to react to. Best practice is to always have enough room in front of you to stop........like that is ever going to happen in any big city. 4-5 cars are going to jump into your cushion space. Construction zones, emergency vehicles, car with a flat tire etc I pull over. many construction zones now say "when workers present". No workers present, no potholes put the hammer down and roll, otherwise some nimrod in a car will tailend you. besides I'm here to drive not park, if there is no hazard I see no reason to waste my time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDriver View Post

Which doesn't happen much anymore, half either don't have CBs, play with them like they're a karaoke machine or flat don't pay attention as they have their phone stuffed in their ear. (Which is illegal also.)
I have a CB in my truck but I don't speak Spanish so its pretty much useless to me

I don't speed through construction zones or tail gate, or even around town but if I get a clear shot on the highway ill run 70-72, in new England most of the cops wont bother you for that. until you get some swift/werner truck side by side doing 60 mph and cluster effing the traffic

1990 F-350 RCLB 7.3 IDI auto
-restored
2003 mustang cobra
-505 rwhp/486 rwft.lb
2001 ranger 3.0 auto xcab
-DD

2009 F350 CCSB 5.4 (sold)
2004 f350 RCLB 6.0 (sold)
1991 f350 RCLB 7.3 (sold)
post #23 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman02232 View Post
I have a CB in my truck but I don't speak Spanish so its pretty much useless to me

I don't speed through construction zones or tail gate, or even around town but if I get a clear shot on the highway ill run 70-72, in new England most of the cops wont bother you for that. until you get some swift/werner truck side by side doing 60 mph and cluster effing the traffic
I hate when slow/governed trucks do that. Then on top of it swift has about the biggest idiots I've ever seen in a truck, line 365 of em in a row n you MIGHT have a years worth of experience

Jesse
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

proud NRA member

SOLD (and missed
)
'97 F-250 5-speed
3in" down pipe into 5" exhaust
diy intake
blullydog 6-pos chip
auto-meter ultra-light boost & egt guages
stage 2's from industrial injection
custom made ladder bars

NEW TRUCK 2001 CUMMINS, 5spd swap, FASS dual filter, 4" TBE, edge juice w/attitude CS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Mod Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Last year, I watched a Swift driver drive past a set of fuel pumps in a parking lot and then turn and ran his trailer right over the top of them and then proceeded to back up over the pumps all without having a clue what he did.
post #25 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
S ure
W ish
I' d
F inished
T ruck driving school

Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 F350 auto
2inch leveling kit
35'' toyo m/ts
20'' montsers
dpf cat delete
h&s mini Max
s&b cai
post #26 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana6.0 View Post
S ure
W ish
I' d
F inished
T ruck driving school

Lol

See
What
I
F*ckup
Today

I have my class A cdl and get to deal with 4 wheelers all the time when i drive love starting threw all the gears again

but yeah it does go both ways, most OTR companies paid by the mile, and then there is limited time your can run during the day, 11hrs consecutive/ 14-hours total in a day, plus alot of of other DOT rules, so i can see how some drivers can get in a hurry,

i have only been driving since aug last year mainly in the oil field, so i am still gaining experience, but it pays the bills, other than that i hate the job, especially log books, just started a new company last week and we have to fill one out every day to get paid, weather we drive or not.

2002 F250 7.3/JW Tow master 4r100 223k miles
Mods:explorer heater valve, WR GP relay, RiffRAff boots, lariat overhead console, Hydra chip, 6637 mod, 6.0 cooler, AIH/EBPV delete, CNCfab HPx and isspro2 trans, egt, and boost gauges. 92 gallon aux tank with a total capacity of 130gallons, 1800 mile range
, 4" MBRP straight Piped. 2" Warrior shackles, Redhead steering box
DLR

Last edited by alaskan155; 09-02-2013 at 09:30 AM.
post #27 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana6.0 View Post
S ure
W ish
I' d
F inished
T ruck driving school

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan155 View Post
See
What
I
F*ckup
Today
I have another one but it's not ORG friendly
post #28 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Don't even get me started on some of these companies, I'm surprised some of these drivers can get out of their truck, walk into a truck stop, and come back out and find their truck.

2006 F-350 4X4 FX4 Tuscany Longhorn , Leer Custom bed cap, RECON lights, Upfitter switches, Whelen Lighting, Hi-Idle Mod.

Instructor at B.R.A.K.E.S (
).

28 years Commercial Driver.

post #29 of 39 Old 09-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDriver View Post
Don't even get me started on some of these companies, I'm surprised some of these drivers can get out of their truck, walk into a truck stop, and come back out and find their truck.
Some can't When I drove OTR, I sat at a Pilot truck stop one night and watched a Schneider driver try to back into a parking spot for an hour. The funny part was both parking spots on either side of where he was parking were open.
post #30 of 39 Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Some can't When I drove OTR, I sat at a Pilot truck stop one night and watched a Schneider driver try to back into a parking spot for an hour. The funny part was both parking spots on either side of where he was parking were open.
Maybe he was practising, at least they didn't hit anything.

2006 F-350 4X4 FX4 Tuscany Longhorn , Leer Custom bed cap, RECON lights, Upfitter switches, Whelen Lighting, Hi-Idle Mod.

Instructor at B.R.A.K.E.S (
).

28 years Commercial Driver.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode