Edge juice program remove - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-16-2020, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge juice program remove

Hi all new to this site. Not new to psd 7.3 have had my fair share.

Recently have purchased a 2000 7.3 psd 250k 4x4 crew cab. This is my first one that had a tuner chip installed. I try to avoid at all costs. I didn't actually know it was on the truck until I popped down kick panel to check a fuse. And bam a tuner screen fell out.. fml.
Was told the transmission had a rebuild but no proof was shown..... so I say it didn't happen. But with that said the transmission has shifted amazing since the day I got it . So was definitely believing it was rebuilt because no 4r100 lasting 250k haha .

Was towing the lightest car (fiat pop)
And my truck wouldn't shift into 3 4 OD light flashing on shift handle.
I pulled off highway . Let it cool off a bit. And limped home with 1/2 gears only.
Started truck next morning drove it around no issues shifting at all. So I flush tranny and install a cooler. All is great for about 1 month.
Going up a hill truck didn't upshift (no load )
Got to top of the hill and have no gears at all coasted on to first side street. Tranny temp shot up to 190 from 140 (normal temp) ...
I drove to Aamco (yes I know but free tests and diagnostic)
They said my edge juice programmer may be failing and telling transmission to do all kinds of irregular stuff. I believe that kind of. But I was in stock program entire time I've owned it . They told me its stuck in balls to the wall. Hard to believe because i switched it once to extreme and it was a complete different monster of a truck black smoke. Whole nine. ...
I
Can this be true that my programmer is making my tranny act up? Should I remove edge? And also how to do that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1702 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you need to find the model/serial number on the box and then you can download the instructions from edgeproducts.com it will show you how to return the truck to stock and also has the removal instructions for the connectors.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #3 of 4 Old 01-17-2020, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
But can the edge tuner really mess with my transmission that much ?
Or is Aamco blowing smoke up my ***.
Personally I believe that the solenoid control valves are failing and stuck maybe .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2020, 11:21 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Edge has always had a bad name in the 7.3 game when it comes to an auto truck. their lack of "trans tuning" has been associated with blowing up many and many E40d and 4R's for longer than most of us have played with 7.3s

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode