1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-21-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with 7.3 hpop

I've read several threads,they must have found their solution because they died without any further updates, lol

I have a 2000 7.3 that keeps blowing off the passenger side hpop line,and now the fitting is stripped out and won't thread in,I replaced the fittings and hoses,even at low pressure the passenger side still pops off,say around a thousand psi,I'm at a loss and behind on work,everything clicked into place as you would expect it to,it even blows the c clip out of the fitting pump side,I don't have much hair left,I hope someone here has been through it and has the simplest of solutions.

I don't care to replace the pump yet,they are damn sure high dollar,I'll have to helicoil the one fitting,is there a possibility something in the valve cover area is jacked up? It runs normal until it pops and sprays oil everywhere.

Thanks
Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

7.3 Hpop issues...weeks later..

I have replaced my.HPOP,along with hoses and fittings,this all started because the passenger side hose blew off the pump,well the passenger side hose is still blowing off the pump,taking out that expensive ICP Everytime as well,happened both times at heavy throttle and higher rpms,today I plan to spot weld the hose and fitting together,I'm about pissed and I am in the hole,I did not use Ford hoses and fittings,I used doorman.

If spot welding doesn't take care if it,I may order some threaded fittings off of eBay and try those,I see where one had thousands purchased supposedly,but I am at a loss,it just doesn't make sense three hoses have blown off the same place everytime ,engine idles good, accelerates smoothly,no noticble blow by,or very little,good fuel pressure and high pressure, I am either missing something or have lost my mechanical ability..

I appreciate any input and apologize for the long post,but I'm driving a Buick,which the top of the car is at the bottom of most drive through windows,I'm tired of sitting on the ground.

Thanks
post #3 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Get a set of hoses from Corey. @[email protected]

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to cletusjermal For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (11-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If I can't tack weld these things in,I'll check into what he's got,have to take my hoop back to diesel custom performance over here,and.get their input,does anyone know if something in that head could be restricted causing this,?
post #5 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 1218 Post(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very common for Dorman hoses to pop off the STC fittings. I see it alot. And yes, we I sell 1000's, over 10,000 of them actually.

Although I do sell on eBay too, but don't bite off on the cheap price for standard hydraulic hose. They simply do not last long.

https://cncfab.us/c-1389242-cnc-fabr...-products.html

This is what happens when you use regular hydraulic hose.

www.cncfab.us
JustinOOO9 likes this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #6 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Garage
Poor job of crimping on that hose, and those are the short shank fittings

3/8" hose would easily take the pressures and heat -- with the right fittings

@[email protected] is correct -- you get what you pay for

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
The only place dorman belongs is in the garbage. Never had luck with anything that they sell.

New:2016 F-250 XLT,6.7 Diesel, Bone stock,
Work:2016 F-450 XL 6.7 16' Aluminum box. 170,000 mi

Sold: 2009 F-250 Lariat, Bone stock, BFG All Terrains
Sold and Missed: 2003 F-150 2 WD Super Cab, Step side. BF All Terrains. "Grandpa's Truck"
Work:2011 Chevy Express 3500 6.0L, Custom roof rack. Sold
post #8 of 10 Old 11-06-2019, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 1218 Post(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Poor job of crimping on that hose, and those are the short shank fittings

3/8" hose would easily take the pressures and heat -- with the right fittings

@[email protected] is correct -- you get what you pay for
They do not take the heat well. AQP hose (aka rubber hose) is typically only good up to 260*. Your oil temps can get up to 230* pretty regularly if you are towing heavy in the summer. The AQP hose slowly breaks down and pieces will get into your injectors and are not meant for the thermal cycling the engine oil sees.

The hose with the blisters are higher temp rated, but have a drawback of not being able to handle any type of air in the system at all. Sometime people use crappy oil and dont have anti-foam agents in the oil.

I went through this years ago using rubber hose and it took me a long time find a hose that had the specs of OEM, which is what mine have been for the last few years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dryrotted hpx1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	724885   Click image for larger version

Name:	BADHPOPLINES.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	724887  

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #9 of 10 Old 11-12-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm going to want some that thread on,I don't ever want tk see that snap fitting again,and the doorman's,yeah I'd say the tollerance if off by atleast 1 C-hair,but probably more realistically 2 C-hairs,and now it's cold outside,.and got pulled over by the sheirff asking why my tags in my car are expired by a year,lol,thought my damn truck would be moving under it's own power again,and not being pulled by my Jacobson rolling coal and blowing off the exhaust manifold..

I'm going to have to take a break,I appreciate the responses guys.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I could really use some input, please

Okay,I struggled with the hoop hose thing,Until finally I ordered some that thread in,because as long as I live,I never want to see the original fittings again,well the truck ran,didn't run near as strong as it used to,but it ran smooth and I thought it would be okay, NOPE!

There's oil coming from somewhere now,I've been too upset about it to take anytime out in it today,kinda beyond pissed,but my question is,there has to be a blockage of some sort doesn't there? I saw 3000 p.s.i pretty regular last night when I would accelerate kind of aggressively,I don't recall.ever seeing 3,000 p.s.i before I replaced the pump,hoses, and this all started because the passenger side started blowing off,until I got the threaded lines,now other weak spots are obviously giving out..

Anyone ever dealt with something like this,or heard of it,Ive been on Google maps looking for a suitable cliff to roll it off of,that wouldn't cost too much as far as a tow truck getting it there,currently it's blocking the driveway.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode