Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
So I have a 2002 F250. I was getting an early headstart for an upcoming trip with the camp trailer. Started truck fine. Started to drive off, and it had no power. Just sputters. Got around the block and had to turn right back around and go home. Truck starts fine and seems to idle okay, but as soon as I give it a little gas it just sputters, and it looks like spits out some white smoke. Last time I drove it was Friday which it drove fine. I was thinking of the things I've done in the last few days just to get it ready for the trip. Pulled out the air filter just to lightly blow off any dust. Checked it again tonight, and it looked fine. Can't see that being the issue. Made sure clamps on turbo boots were snug which they were. Clamp really didn't budge at all. Took a mirror and looked around the boots and didn't see any tears. Other than checking that all fluids were good I just plugged in the block heater since my truck can be hard to start in cold weather sometimes.
Truck is showing no codes according to my OBDII reader.* Any ideas on what to check? This is really setting me back on my trip, and would hate to miss it since I have friends relying on me to be there. Trying to do whatever I can here in the dark to get it figured out. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used Torque Pro to read what my ICP sensor was reading (says HPOP on the display).* If this one is correct, it was reading around 500 at idle, and barely giving it any gass I saw it go up to 750.* I really didn't try to go any higher since it was really sputtering and I didn't want to risk any damage until understanding this issue....
2002 F250 XLT CC 4x4
- PHP Hydra Chip
- Isspro EV gauges (Pyro, Trans temp, Boost)
- 4" Full Diamond Eye Exhaust
- 6.0 Liter Mishimoto Transmission Cooler
- Rebuilt Transmission w/ tripple disc billet converter, AFE deep pan, and Transgo shift kit
- Woodnthings Transmission filter
- Woodnthings Oil bypass filter
- '08 Kool-Vue tow mirrors
- Tuff Country 2.5" leveling kit 22962KN
- Factory F350 blocks in the rear
- Readylift 67-2094UB u-bolt kit for the rear
- Moto Metal 970 18x10's w/ -24 offset
- Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx 295/70-18's (34's)
- AirLift rear Air Bags
- Riffraff Diesel FRx and HPx
Last edited by SJB; 10-16-2019 at 09:53 PM.