Feels like my old 6.0 which the devil lived in - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-01-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok guys I'm not a new member I piss blue , anyone who can lead me to the issue or their opinion this beer is for you. I just purchased a 2001 7.3 150xxx after my bud bought my 2000 with forged rods f350 he kept at it for over a year till I gave him the keys lol . I found an f250 in mint condition lariat highland green my issue is this I have a miss ,bucks and surges and at idle at times does it when cold and warmed up like if the undervalve harness issue I swapped them out and no change got them off riff Raff, I also put in a new Ford CPS the updates black one after the old gray one was their my truck surges miss bucks at a low rpm and at idle at times like it's camed it has a tune the from tdp in San Antonio has the decal on the window ,I don't know what tune it has but god dam she flys by I do have torque pro and forsacn all values look good , I have looked for the 42 pin valve chaff and no sighn, changed oil still same , put in a new fuel filter same all oem and using rotella 15-40 ,disconnected Icp still does it , also looked at the ipr tin nut it's tight scanned it passed all I get a ebp p0475 and sometimes I get the p0284 for injector number 8 I heard it due to the way it is designed or crackle ect... But in buzz test it passes , not a lick of loss of power no white smoke on tail pipe and this issues are intermittent and I checked fuel bowl and it's always full I even ran it below the quart of diesel tank and she still ran good so I know the fuel tank filters are not the issue 😂. ..... After owning 6 powerstrokes I just have to admit 7.3 is the way of life even with my dually 6.0 studded she was still problematic! these 7.3 relaliblity feels as if I got the whole world in my hand my dad still drives his obs 7.3 with people always asking if it's for sale all you guys who have them keep them they are getting harder and harder to find and the price they ask for trust me folks like me who have issues with the new and so called improved just want the old and true

Last edited by Woody6oh; 06-01-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 03:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That LL injector (#8) does show a CCT difference but, if you get a Code set for it, something's Wrong...

Take a close look at all it's connections, maybe even swap it (or its solenoid) with #6 and see if the fault follows the position or the injector to know where the problem is.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
That LL injector (#8) does show a CCT difference but, if you get a Code set for it, something's Wrong...

Take a close look at all it's connections, maybe even swap it (or its solenoid) with #6 and see if the fault follows the position or the injector to know where the problem is.

I will do that I was going over the wiring and guess what the ebpv pigtail broke off the valve causing the pigtail still attached to the clip and hanging in the middle touching the middle of the valley I have small things like pedestal Orings and get a the fuel leak on the valve I need to start ordering **** I will try tomorrow the injector change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
what's your fuel pressure?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper View Post
what's your fuel pressure?
I need to get a guage to test the port in the fuel bowl to see what she is reading
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2019, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Changed the ipr running well and good so far cross my fingers it was it
post #7 of 7 Old 06-26-2019, 03:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1995 f350 powerstroke vacuum problems

I have a 95 f350 powerstroke and when l press the brakes it does fine but if l let up and press it again l have to stand on it for it to stop my brake light comes on also, but when l let off after a few minutes the light goes off. Also notice when l ho from defrost to accept the vents don,y change cool air still comes from defroster. It the vacuum pump. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode