• 1 Post By NoRalPh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-26-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electrical problem

My truck is an 02 f350 and has this weird problem I think it’s in the steering column but when I plug in a code reader the truck won’t turn on it turns over but doesn’t start and if you roll up 3 windows or more the open door light comes on and the cabin light comes on and if you honk the horn it kills the truck when you’re using the windshield whippers they will almost kill it but it comes back unless you’re idling it will turn off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-26-2019, 07:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Check your ground straps. There is one from frame to body- under the passenger door area that takes wheel spray and rots out. There are a few others. You can also add some that you know are good. My truck is a 99.5 and after i found the rotten strap under the passenger door area, i just added a couple new ones, one from driver side battery neg to the nearest alternator mount bolt for an engine ground. I also put one from passenger side battery neg to the firewall for a known good body ground. Replaced the rotten one. I was not having issues, but good ground is important and you can not have too many, only too few.
Wood's Powerstroke likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-27-2019, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
@Mike Gs
Good advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-27-2019, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When you see so many symptoms that seem unrelated like that, I think Low Voltage. Put a meter on the Outlet (use a cig ltr adapter) and monitor your voltage. See if it drops low (below 9v) when you use accessories like the Horn/Wipers/Windows, especially together.

When you plug in your OBD scanner in, and it won't start, do you still get a WTS light? (unless the WTS light comes on when you first roll on the key, don't even bother trying to start).

Here's a common problem in an '02 that can restrict power to the fusebox -> https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...ml#post1343921
Wood's Powerstroke likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-30-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Door locks

I’m trying to program a door lock remote to my truck and when I cycle the key 8 times the locks don’t pop up and down like they should does anyone have any ideas on why this could be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode