Power Pup/ No Stock? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-14-2006, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power Pup/ No Stock?

I have a problem. My truck no longer has a stock setting. I have had a Bully dog Power Pup for some time now. I have always run either the 50hp or the stock setting. Well about 3 months ago I plugged in the power pup to return to stock and all it would show was an error. So now my truck is stuck in the 50hp setting. I talk to Bully Dog about. They had me send it back to them so it could be repaired, along with the catch code off the pcm and they were going to make me a new stock setting. I got it back plugged it in and it started downloading right off my supposed stock setting. Well my new stock is nothing more than the 50hp setting w/o the trans program. Also with this new downloader I cannot get any better than 13mpg empty and 11mpg loaded. Were just before all this happened I was getting a happy 17mpg empty and 13-15mpg depending on the load. Is there anyway that I can get this fixed????

01' F250 7.3, AFE PG7 Stage II, GTP38R, Hi-Flow outlet, Non EBPV Pedistal, DI Up-pipes, DI- Regulated return, BTS Dual HPOP, 4in Silverline, DP Tuner F5, ITP Annilator, BTS Trans, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Detriot Tru-Trac 3.73, Powerslot's Cryo w/Hawk LTS, Rotella ELC, Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/16
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Gun Nut

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Shoot all I could recommend would be stay on Bully Dog. Tell them what you've told us, that it's not acceptable and if they don't make it right you'll be sure and let every forum in the country know how screwed up they treated you. Not to mention how screwed someone who has a rig under warranty would be if they had to revert back to a stock tune for a repair and no longer HAD a stock tune. Stay on 'em, they stand to loose a ton of cash by not helping you. Let us know!

'05 F250, CC, FX4, 6.0 PSD

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

Please support our troops!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-14-2006, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I was on the phone with them today. They say they can fix it but they are going to charge to do so. I did argue this one but did not when. So in order to fix my Power pup I have to them for there screw up.

01' F250 7.3, AFE PG7 Stage II, GTP38R, Hi-Flow outlet, Non EBPV Pedistal, DI Up-pipes, DI- Regulated return, BTS Dual HPOP, 4in Silverline, DP Tuner F5, ITP Annilator, BTS Trans, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Detriot Tru-Trac 3.73, Powerslot's Cryo w/Hawk LTS, Rotella ELC, Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-01-2006, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

After talking with Bully dog a 2nd time. They did take of my problem at no cost.

post #5 of 8 Old 10-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
glad to hear you got things straightened out!!!!

post #6 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 02:02 AM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty1 View Post
After talking with Bully dog a 2nd time. They did take of my problem at no cost.
yeah sounded like they were tryin to screw you, like rodslinger said your voice speaks a ton about there product it was in there best intrest to help you out

2004 Excursion
post #7 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 02:13 AM
The Fat Mod

Thats funny because when I had problems from Quad, they were quick to get on the problem and help me get it fixed...no matter what it took. Sounds like bully dog will try and bully the people who buy their stuff. Not Cool!

post #8 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrs3633 View Post
Thats funny because when I had problems from Quad, they were quick to get on the problem and help me get it fixed...no matter what it took. Sounds like bully dog will try and bully the people who buy their stuff. Not Cool!
probably cause quad is a smaller/newer company and they know the "little "things like customer service are important to get the good name out there, bully dog might have a slight case of the big head

2004 Excursion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode