1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlaskanEngineer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-16-2020, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel fittings

So looking at all the upgrades before making my engine swap. The fuel fittings at the heads that the fuel lines connect to. They appear to be a combination check/screen valve..?? Are the checks needed? Also odd the screens are that large , after, the fuel filter. Aftermarket fittings are just open. The fuel lines to the head are .187/.275 area. The banjo bolts are .250/.0490 area. The two 1/8" holes in the banjo fitting I drilled 5/32"/.0382 area. The fittings look very restrictive so drilling out the fittings larger than the fuel lines makes sense but still wonder why those fittings have checks in them. Might be able to just pull the inners from the fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0283.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	727189   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0286.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	727191   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0288.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	727193  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-16-2020, 08:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1701 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Super common to remove the screen and drill them out. Doesn't really provide a benefit that is noticeable compared to the work involved though.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
Strkrmule (01-16-2020)
post #3 of 6 Old 01-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My 0.02, I have found bits and pieces of the vibra-lok compression sleeves on those screens enough times to feel that they are doing a service in keeping those vibra-lok viton bits out of my block's fuel galleries and the injectors themselves (the only real contaminant I expect to encounter downstream of my fuel filter). If you don't need the additional flow it really doesn't do any harm to leave them, as Justin pointed out, not a lot of gains usually, unless you are running giant injectors.
Now, you speak of engine upgrades, there are several kits out there that replace those vibra-lok connectors with JIC. I personally think that is the way to go, and then there is no need to drill out any factory check, just replace the adapter completely. I think Corey @CNCFab has it, I would have bought it a long time ago but there is an issue with the e99 where the turbo pedestal has to be NON-EBPV style and I am NOT willing to give up my EBPV!

Early 99 F250
DP Tuner F6 Tunes/Autometer Gauges
4R100 Brian's Truck Shop Tranny/6.0 cooler
Kitty Delete
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Walker BTM
285 75 R16 Cooper ST-Max Stancor Relay
HPOP Crossover Line, 203F Thermostat, Cold Weather Mods, WW2 & 360 Thrust Bearing, Mechanical Wastegate
Wheel bearings updated to Late 99-03

-58F, 290k+ miles and still Powerstroke (7.3)Loyal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-16-2020, 12:37 PM

Oh, and I don't recommend that you disassemble them to clean them, just blow them out - I found that the inner snap ring tends to permanently deform when you remove it, not very springy.

Early 99 F250
Kitty Delete
Walker BTM
HPOP Crossover Line, 203F Thermostat, Cold Weather Mods, WW2 & 360 Thrust Bearing, Mechanical Wastegate

post #5 of 6 Old 01-17-2020, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 1229 Post(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEngineer View Post

Now, you speak of engine upgrades, there are several kits out there that replace those vibra-lok connectors with JIC. I personally think that is the way to go, and then there is no need to drill out any factory check, just replace the adapter completely. I think Corey @CNCFab has it, I would have bought it a long time ago but there is an issue with the e99 where the turbo pedestal has to be NON-EBPV style and I am NOT willing to give up my EBPV!
I can't stand the EBPV pedestal. Lol.

www.cncfab.us
post #6 of 6 Old 01-18-2020, 12:01 AM

Yeah yeah, I do know I can tell the difference big time when I go outside at -50F and crank it up, it actually warms up nicely, but if you unplug the solenoid, it won't warm up till you start driving it. If you live someplace nice and warm, where it hardly gets down into the minus teens or twenties, I would tend to see and concede your point ;-)
[email protected] likes this.

Early 99 F250
Kitty Delete
Walker BTM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode