1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnance865

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-01-2019, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anybody around that still programs TS chips?

my dad's 00 7.3 got treated to some single shot injectors a couple years ago and a TS chip everything was great until a few months ago I rode in it with him and noticed the revs were way too high at highway speed. after some testing around with things we've determined the TC is not locking up and after removing the chip the TC will lock up like normal. I don't know if that is a program glitch or a bad chip. we have already replaced the tranny and TC with rebuilt units and sent the PCM off to be rebuilt and still no lockup with the chip

we've reached out to tony Wildman and a few others via email and phone for assistance and gotten no response. are there any good 7.3 tuners around???

Brett
'08 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Lariet 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SPARTAN Tuner, Flo-Pro 5" Exhaust 6" Tip, Deleted, S&B Intake, B&W Hitch, 2.5" Leveling kit, Custom Rear Traction Bars, 20x12 FUEL NUTZ, 33x12.5 Toyo MT's, PIONEER Screen, Blacked out Headlights, Retro LED bulbs, Recon Mirror Lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-01-2019, 06:00 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
I ran Tony Wildman for along time back in my 7.3 days. sometimes he's a challenge to get ahold of as TDP isn't his full time job, but his stuff is worth waiting for.

also try GearHead tunes from Beans or Irate diesel.

most people have switched over to the Hydra platform. the biggest novelty to it vs. TS is that it handles more tunes.

but considering it's your dads truck and he's probably just looking for something to run right with little effort, i'd say the TS route is the way to go, reach out again to whoever you've tried and maybe contact either one above

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

The Following User Says Thank You to CloverLeafFarm For This Useful Post:
DirtyDiesel (10-01-2019)
post #3 of 5 Old 10-09-2019, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post

most people have switched over to the Hydra platform. the biggest novelty to it vs. TS is that it handles more tunes.

but considering it's your dads truck and he's probably just looking for something to run right with little effort, i'd say the TS route is the way to go, reach out again to whoever you've tried and maybe contact either one above
The "novelty" (its much more than that), is that you do not have to remove the chip to get new/updated tunes put on it or rearrange the order. You just plug up a laptop and click about 5 times and its done. Quantam leap over uninstalling your chip and mailing it off and waiting multiple weeks with your truck down.
7.3_TurboDiesel likes this.

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
its not a new concept. I used a chip burner 10 years ago to receive/load tunes.
but its a popular route now for simplicity

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #5 of 5 Old 10-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
I just bought a hydra chip a few weeks ago, I was debating getting a hydra & custom tunes or have tunes burned on my TS. As I was debating every major tuning website pulled the TS options off their websites so I just bit the bullet and did the hydra. Support for TS will only get worse, the hydra is the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode