Recall Notice: Mishimoto 1999-2003 Trans Cooler Hoses - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Recall Notice: Mishimoto 1999-2003 Trans Cooler Hoses

Hi everybody,

Mishimoto has issued a recall for the hoses packaged with our 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Transmission Cooler (MMTC-F2D-99SL). Through ongoing testing and customer feedback, we have found a batch of hoses that have the potential to rupture. This potential for failure is limited to a very small percentage of hoses (about 1.6%), however, we want to ensure that all customers with this product have the best possible experience. For this reason, we are conducting a proactive campaign to correct this issue.

This recall only affects units shipped before 4/4/2018. Customers receiving their MMTC-F2D-99SL after 4/4/2018 will receive updated hoses which eliminate this risk of failure. If you are unsure whether this recall applies to your purchase, please contact our customer service team at [email protected].

To complete this recall, please navigate to the link below for a free set of replacement hoses, which use our updated design. You will not be charged for the hoses or for shipping.

https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-7-3l-...ent-hoses.html

As always, Mishimoto is committed to bringing our customers the best products on the market alongside open and transparent communication. We welcome your feedback and encourage you to contact our customer service team with any questions or comments you may have. Of course, all Mishimoto products, including replacement hoses, will continue to be backed by our Lifetime Warranty and customer support.

Thank you,

Mishimoto Automotive
rockin86runner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well this news SUCKS for me as I just performed a 4r100 flush and installed the Mishimoto 7.3 trans cooler kit not even 2 weeks ago!

The thought of finding a day to pull the front of the truck back apart and remove the cooler just to replace the bunk hoses has me a bit heated! Not to mention the big mess of ATF it makes, buying more ATF and trying to keep track of how much fluid to add back in. Plus having my arms/ hands look like I got in a fight with a cat AGAIN!

So much for enjoying driving my truck with the thought of these cooler lines crapping out while on the road leaving me a big stranded mess, until I receive the new hoses and squeeze in the time to make the fix... Just hope my family isn't with me if a cooler hose does blow out before then!

Sucks this has to be my first post here and sorry for the rant guys..

Thumper

Last edited by 7.3thumper; 04-11-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3thumper View Post
Well this news SUCKS for me as I just performed a 4r100 flush and installed the Mishimoto 7.3 trans cooler kit not even 2 weeks ago!

The thought of finding a day to pull the front of the truck back apart and remove the cooler just to replace the bunk hoses has me a bit heated! Not to mention the big mess of ATF it makes, buying more ATF and trying to keep track of how much fluid to add back in. Plus having my arms/ hands look like I got in a fight with a cat AGAIN!

So much for enjoying driving my truck with the thought of these cooler lines crapping out while on the road leaving me a big stranded mess, until I receive the new hoses and squeeze in the time to make the fix... Just hope my family isn't with me if a cooler hose does blow out before then!

Sucks this has to be my first post here and sorry for the rant guys..

Thumper
I'm really sorry to hear that. When did you buy the kit? If it was recently, you may have received the updated hoses already. If your hoses look like the photo below, then they are the old version and need to be replaced. We understand that this can be a really frustrating process and we'll do everything we can to make it as painless as possible for our customers. You should be able to swap the lines without uninstalling the cooler itself. There will be some lost fluid, but it should make the process a little faster.

We appreciate your support in purchasing our product and apologize again for the frustration. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Thanks,

-Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2018, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,107 Times in 2,015 Posts
Mentioned: 425 Post(s)
Quoted: 3114 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3thumper View Post
...SUCKS...Sucks this has to be my first post here and sorry for the rant guys..

Thumper
what would really SUCK, is that if a company didnt stand by their product and you were sitting on the side of the highway 100 miles from home posting this.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
Old 04-12-2018, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Thanks,

-Steve
He probably wants you to stop by his house and swap out these hoses... since we are talking about "anything"

GD

Quote:
Quote:
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
Old 04-12-2018, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
He probably wants you to stop by his house and swap out these hoses... since we are talking about "anything"
Hey if he's close, I'd lend a hand. But I'd probably be more of a liability than a help; I never was good at holding the flashlight in the right place.

-Steve
Old 04-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
haha, its good that you know your limits Steve.

GD

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2018, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 1153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
So is the 99-03 cooler discontinued? All my warehouses say they are.

www.cncfab.us

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have had mine in for a year now no issues but i will get these newer hose coming and put in. Where were the hoses blowing at? or having the issues
Old 04-16-2018, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Bump for @Mishimoto

GD

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in