• 1 Post By SuperchargedPSD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-09-2016, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
400% nozzles & dialing in the tuning

I am trying to dump the swamps tunes I have and make some custom ones for my truck... Is there other software out there besides minotaur that I can use to tune the 7.3? Does anyone know of a place that's reputable in Florida where I can live tune it? Thanks (:

Swamps 300cc/400% sticks, SRP 1.1, Hypermax stage 1 cam, Comp Cams 910 units, DI chromoly pushrods, Crower billet rods, Mahle coated pistons with Spirolox pin retainers weight matched, Fully billet BTS transmission, 6.0 tranny cooler, CR racing aftermarket intercooler, Air Dog 150gph , Irate Diesel RR, Swamps IDM, H11 head studs and ARP main studs, Motor completely built by me and me only. Shes a true Cummins Killer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Red Cheif FTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-09-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

@SuperchargedPSD

What tuning software do you use ??

Swamps 300cc/400% sticks, SRP 1.1, Hypermax stage 1 cam, Comp Cams 910 units, DI chromoly pushrods, Crower billet rods, Mahle coated pistons with Spirolox pin retainers weight matched, Fully billet BTS transmission, 6.0 tranny cooler, CR racing aftermarket intercooler, Air Dog 150gph , Irate Diesel RR, Swamps IDM, H11 head studs and ARP main studs, Motor completely built by me and me only. Shes a true Cummins Killer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Red Cheif FTW
post #3 of 7 Old 09-09-2016, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
I use PHPs Minotaur software. It a on their website. I originally bought it with my hydra as they sell a package deal. You just have to pay for the license and then pay for the definition files for your pcm family. They have a tutorial on YouTube of the software. I took a short tutorial video as well but the video quality is low. My phone camera does not like capturing a LCD screen very well.

The only other self tuner software package on the market is sniper tunings software however it is not very user friendly and lacks a lot compared to the minotaur package. Also Minotaur is what most of the tuners tuning on the hydra platform are using.

Minotaur is a very nice tool and there are no limits to what control you have. There is a learning curve. It's best to make small changes one at a time and test those changes out. You can also compare two tunes at a time which helps a lot starting out.

Here is a small sample view. This is the main FUEL injection PW map. The red lines are the factory calibration for my pcm and the black is one of my calibrations for 200% nozzles.
7.3 powerchoke likes this.

97 4x4 Eaton supercharged 7.3, S369sxe R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, my tuning, honey badger SR hpop, efuel, Valair Ceramic single, BMW M3 bucket seats, SKY 5" RSK/Skyjacker TTB , SKY RFK & shackles, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC 4-53T Detroit, 1945 Chevy rat rod dually 4-51 Detroit, project mean green 8V53 Detroit, 1951 Mack A51T

Last edited by SuperchargedPSD; 09-09-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-10-2016, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
That's pretty cool. Wish I had the loot to het it.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-12-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
I use PHPs Minotaur software. It a on their website. I originally bought it with my hydra as they sell a package deal. You just have to pay for the license and then pay for the definition files for your pcm family. They have a tutorial on YouTube of the software. I took a short tutorial video as well but the video quality is low. My phone camera does not like capturing a LCD screen very well.

The only other self tuner software package on the market is sniper tunings software however it is not very user friendly and lacks a lot compared to the minotaur package. Also Minotaur is what most of the tuners tuning on the hydra platform are using.

Minotaur is a very nice tool and there are no limits to what control you have. There is a learning curve. It's best to make small changes one at a time and test those changes out. You can also compare two tunes at a time which helps a lot starting out.

Here is a small sample view. This is the main FUEL injection PW map. The red lines are the factory calibration for my pcm and the black is one of my calibrations for 200% nozzles.
Okay thank you very much for the info... Looks like Minotaur it is (which is what I was already leaning towards) ... Looks like it'll just take a little playing around with to dial them in how I want

Big Red Cheif FTW
post #6 of 7 Old 09-12-2016, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
It takes a second to figure the software out and learn how to make changes. Once you get comfortable with it you will realize how user friendly the software is. Also do be careful what you are adjusting. There is always the potential for engine damage should you adjust parameters too far like advancing the timing too much. Theres no safety interlocks inside the software you can adjust anything. There are tutorials and threads and information around the net on how to tune these 7.3 using the software.
7.3 powerchoke likes this.

97 4x4 Eaton supercharged 7.3, S369sxe R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, my tuning, honey badger SR hpop, efuel, Valair Ceramic single, BMW M3 bucket seats, SKY 5" RSK/Skyjacker TTB , SKY RFK & shackles, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC 4-53T Detroit, 1945 Chevy rat rod dually 4-51 Detroit, project mean green 8V53 Detroit, 1951 Mack A51T

Last edited by SuperchargedPSD; 09-12-2016 at 02:45 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-13-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
It takes a second to figure the software out and learn how to make changes. Once you get comfortable with it you will realize how user friendly the software is. Also do be careful what you are adjusting. There is always the potential for engine damage should you adjust parameters too far like advancing the timing too much. Theres no safety interlocks inside the software you can adjust anything. There are tutorials and threads and information around the net on how to tune these 7.3 using the software.
Yeah thanks for the heads up ... I'll be very careful with the parameters I do adjust .... Small small baby steps (:

Big Red Cheif FTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode