Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your 7.3 Today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  GETFURIOUS 
#1 ·
Well I know the 6.4 guys have a thread like this but I've never seen one for us 7.3 guys, so I figured I would start one.

So like the title says what did you do to you 7.3 today? Maintenance, performance, washed the windows, whatever.

I tested the coolant and found that it was in need of a DCA additive in the coolant. So I went to the truck stop and got a pint of DCA and a 5" band clamp. Put about half the pint in the resivor and I'll see if its any better tomorow. As far as the band clamp goes, I finally got around to fixing my tip that was held on with 3 tack welds and got a good clean clamp on it.

So what did yall do?

#2 ·
Well I know the 6.4 guys have a thread like this but I've never seen one for us 7.3 guys, so I figured I would start one.

So like the title says what did you do to you 7.3 today? Maintenance, performance, washed the windows, whatever.

I tested the coolant and found that it was in need of a DCA additive in the coolant. So I went to the truck stop and got a pint of DCA and a 5" band clamp. Put about half the pint in the resivor and I'll see if its any better tomorow. As far as the band clamp goes, I finally got around to fixing my tip that was held on with 3 tack welds and got a good clean clamp on it.

So what did yall do?
I started it!! LOL:funny:

#9 ·
I filled up.... at $3.99 a gallon! :thumb:

Oh, and got 18.45mpg! :woot::woot::woot::woot:
What program are you running your chip on to get that kind of mileage?

Reactions: NoBite
#10 ·
What program are you running your chip on to get that kind of mileage?
I run it on 80hp Daily Driver 95% of the time. Occasionally I will crank it up to 100 or 120 for tooling around or passing... and it stays on "stock" until the oil temp starts to move. Otherwise.... just keep the RPM's under 2000 and try to stay off the interstate. Most driving is between 45-55.... but there's plenty of hills/mountains to climb around here. (CC is NOT my friend!) :hehe:

#13 ·
I rebuilt my my pedestal, & in the past few days, had the radiator & cooler pulled to make SURE it was my turbo,.......AGAIN!!!!:doh:

#14 ·
i reinstalled my transmission.....top that :D

and drove it

yesterday i ripped it out and swapped the tc.
What kind of tc did you swap in? I've got my ARI waiting for me when I get to Wichita Sunday

#16 ·
I finished installing my fender flares an moved the roomates 4X4 wagon around...

#17 ·
Diamond T brand. I've heard about the ari but chose to go with diamond.

iPhone
Never heard of Diamond T...I'll have to look into them. Like your new converter?

#18 ·
Never heard of Diamond T...I'll have to look into them. Like your new converter?
I'm just happy I don't have my annoying rattle. But ya I like it so far. Since the trans already has 158 k ok it, I wonder when it will go. I mean It functions well and shifts well.

iPhone

#19 ·
I parked it under a dirty tree and got black sap ALL OVER it..... and this crap doesn't come off easy

#20 ·
I'm just happy I don't have my annoying rattle. But ya I like it so far. Since the trans already has 158 k ok it, I wonder when it will go. I mean It functions well and shifts well.

iPhone
They seem to be pretty hit or miss. I've seen one go to around 200k and others grenade with 30-60k

Any tips or tricks for installing the converter? I'm not looking forward to it I can tell ya that much :doh: