post #25301 of 25476 Old 11-22-2019, 08:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR View Post
Finished wiring the 2004 Eddie Bauer seats in my 2000 Excursion, installed the PMF track bar, wiring in Rigid flush mount likes in the rear bumper and had it aligned.
Keep an eye on the track bar. Im replacing mine asap. Its a solid pice but the metal on metal contact for the hiem joints is proving to be what others said. Not good in the long run. Plus now that my level kit has settled its less than 1/8in longer than my oem track bar lol... p.s. the early99 track bar I have is going to be for sale soon, nothing wrong just my preference changed after only approx. 15k miles etc. Heim joints have their place But, I see the benefit of having the bushing in this case for the long run etc.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25302 of 25476 Old 11-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sold it.
Thank you to any and all on the forum for help when problems came up in the 7 years I have owned the 7.3.

Dave
2019 F350 CCLB dually, Lariat 4x4 auto
02 F350 CCLB Lariat 4x4 auto. Sold
post #25303 of 25476 Old 11-24-2019, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Talking

Hello there, i found some surface rust and gunk in my 250 frame, so i did sandblast it, and start to coat it whit some penetrating oil ,the kind that dries and makes a surface to apply paint on

thats what i did to my 7,3 today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191122_182713.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	725467   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191124_111314.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	725469  

2000. F250 Super D, Flatbed, stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25304 of 25476 Old 11-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Garage
Well, the weather people on the local channels are saying rain starting this next week.

Yesterday, I put the cover on my 5th wheel.
Today, I cleaned my windshield, the two front door window and the two outside mirrors. I applied Rain-X to all of those.
Changed the wiper blades. I put on Michelin 24" blades - Better visibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB |

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 -
-
- 'Gator Navy
post #25305 of 25476 Old 11-24-2019, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)

Installed a sam wyse stage 1 4r100, the original one went 350,000 miles and was still in perfect working condition! Just wanted to change it on my time to avoid being stranded.

Also installed a turbo back 4Ē exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #25306 of 25476 Old 11-25-2019, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Well, the weather people on the local channels are saying rain starting this next week.

Today, I cleaned my windshield, the two front door window and the two outside mirrors. I applied Rain-X to all of those.
Changed the wiper blades. I put on Michelin 24" blades - Better visibility.
Man, I call that half-a-day's-work. Rain-X is such a great product. It's worth all of the effort required to apply it.

I didn't actually do anything to my truck over the weekend but I noticed what I am going to have to do to it and right soon...new batteries. Went to crank him up for the weekly trip to the dump and was rewarded with the dreaded "slower-than-it-should-be" crank over. It cranked up but not like or as fast as it has and should. Has been the same every Saturday for the past month but I attributed it to lack of driving. I've had the truck 3 years next month and found a receipt where the original owner replaced both batteries a year before that so I really can't complain on 4 years for O'Really specials. Figure I will replace them both when I replace the UCVH and banjo bolts sometime around Christmas/New Years. Have been wanting to complete that little project for some time now but just haven't had the gumption to do it. Thought about replacing the glow plugs while the valve covers are off but IDK; don't want to snowball the project into the "no more fun zone".

Wood's 7.3
Old School Strokin'
2001 F-250, 7.3 Powerstroke
Lariat, 4X4 Off-Road, Crew-Cab, SB, AT
post #25307 of 25476 Old 11-25-2019, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood's Powerstroke View Post
Man, I call that half-a-day's-work. Rain-X is such a great product. It's worth all of the effort required to apply it.

I didn't actually do anything to my truck over the weekend but I noticed what I am going to have to do to it and right soon...new batteries. Went to crank him up for the weekly trip to the dump and was rewarded with the dreaded "slower-than-it-should-be" crank over. It cranked up but not like or as fast as it has and should. Has been the same every Saturday for the past month but I attributed it to lack of driving. I've had the truck 3 years next month and found a receipt where the original owner replaced both batteries a year before that so I really can't complain on 4 years for O'Really specials. Figure I will replace them both when I replace the UCVH and banjo bolts sometime around Christmas/New Years. Have been wanting to complete that little project for some time now but just haven't had the gumption to do it. Thought about replacing the glow plugs while the valve covers are off but IDK; don't want to snowball the project into the "no more fun zone".
No way id replace those uvch and not replace glow plugs. They are not really that expensive for motorcraft ones and id much prefer not doing that job a second time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

02 F350 Single Cab Long Bed 7,3 ZF6
Pro Compl 2" lift, 35" Toyo AT 2 Tires
PHP hydra with their tunes
S&B Intake, Straight Pipe
post #25308 of 25476 Old 11-25-2019, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri_Man57 View Post
No way id replace those uvch and not replace glow plugs. They are not really that expensive for motorcraft ones and id much prefer not doing that job a second time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Second. As long as you are in there it's easy to do and cheap. Only get motocraft glow plugs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Bri_Man57 likes this.
post #25309 of 25476 Old 11-25-2019, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Fixed rear passenger door lock latch thing (suicide door). I've done the cable end fixes and it just keeps breaking. $150 for the entire assembly but I only replaced the cables, upper, and lower latches. No way was I drilling out the rivets and riveting the new handle mechanism. If this works out next time the driver's side chits the bed I'll do that side too.

Ford messed up and told me $119 was their price and wanted to sell it to me for $191 so I pulled Amazon up and showed it for $144 and they honored that price. Dayum stealership.

post #25310 of 25476 Old 11-25-2019, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnut View Post
Fixed rear passenger door lock latch thing (suicide door). I've done the cable end fixes and it just keeps breaking. $150 for the entire assembly but I only replaced the cables, upper, and lower latches. No way was I drilling out the rivets and riveting the new handle mechanism. If this works out next time the driver's side chits the bed I'll do that side too.

Ford messed up and told me $119 was their price and wanted to sell it to me for $191 so I pulled Amazon up and showed it for $144 and they honored that price. Dayum stealership.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode