LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2019, 03:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Did some diagnosing and had a shop verify. Gotta replace out tie rod ends but Iíll be honest truck has gotten 23k miles since 2016 and will get VERY LITTLE this winter. Iíll wait till spring. Also going back to oem track bar. The pmf one with heim joints is getting little rowdy too. I was nervous about the metal on metal.

Anyone use the none name brands like movtech and such off rock auto for early 99s? Theyíre only like 5 brands for early 99 and most have been discontinued
How many miles on the PMF track bar? I have one waiting to go on, just need the time..and I was concerned long term that the heim joints would cause some chaos. Just didn't know what long term would end up being time / mile wise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
@Justin0009 - looking for the track bar? See what LMCTruck has to offer. I've found stuff there that RockAuto didn't have.
Thanks I havent used them in years so I’ll give them a look see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Did some diagnosing and had a shop verify. Gotta replace out tie rod ends but I’ll be honest truck has gotten 23k miles since 2016 and will get VERY LITTLE this winter. I’ll wait till spring. Also going back to oem track bar. The pmf one with heim joints is getting little rowdy too. I was nervous about the metal on metal.

Anyone use the none name brands like movtech and such off rock auto for early 99s? They’re only like 5 brands for early 99 and most have been discontinued
How many miles on the PMF track bar? I have one waiting to go on, just need the time..and I was concerned long term that the heim joints would cause some chaos. Just didn't know what long term would end up being time / mile wise
Less than 12k miles. Not 100% sure on the shops diagnoses but he’s a long time family friend in a small town so not sure he’d wanna try to make money off me etc.

There were moog, movetech, and other brands in rockauto but wanna measure everything again. It appears my oem original track bar would be long enough after the new leafs settled but they bushings are 20 yrs old and man it looks like a pita to hammer/melt them out let alone find bushings hahaha

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'll save my stock bar, I have a set on new bushings for it anyway . I'll hang on to it in case the PMF bar causes lots on challenges down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Old 11-18-2019, 08:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Appreciate the link. 1999 has changes though. the link shows for the late 1999-2003. There is both a late and early design change with the engine and front end steering/suspension/hubs and brakes.

early 1999 has square u bolts, different pitman arm, different sized track bar bolt ends, different off set hubs and brake rotors. The early 1999 stuff is getting harder to find and its not really worth the upgrade at this point. Same with the engine. different hpop, and other changes. I have the late build 1999 which works through 2003 engines but I have the single early 1999 front end that severely limits my parts selection. I found some aftermarket replacement track bars with bushings too though.

I have a thread going over the early/late 1999 front end here: https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...sion-kits.html

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Old 11-18-2019, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

After finishing the rebuild on the oil cooler, I put it all back together and started it to check for any leaks. I noticed the tell tail sign of the weep hole off the coolant pump (aka water pump) so I ended up draining it again to replace the pump. While taking the fan out I noticed one blade had a small crack in it. Luckily, I found a replacement fan. So when all is said and done (I hope) I'll have all new coolant, new pump, new fan, new fan clutch new cooling system filter canister, new belt and rebuilt oil cooler. Hopefully, that'll take care of the cooling system for another 6 or 7 years. I think tomorrow I'll check the belt idlers, I've had to replace them in the past. They also make a mess when they go out.

02 F350 CC 7.3 PS, auto, 6x6, 4.10 gears LB. AFE stage 2 intake, 4" AFE SS exh, 6.0 atf cooler, DP tuner with five stages
Eng Temp gauge, EGT guage and Trans temp gauge. J.Woods valve body ATS turbo housing. Cooling sys filter & waterless coolant. NON WORKING POS FASS fuel filter sys. Brightbox headlites. I don't care what they say "There's no replacement for displacement."
Don't believe statements about anything being better than a 7.3
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Old 11-20-2019, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP. View Post
That's probably just about right. 1/2 way-ish.

(My 99 cluster is different. The temp is on the LH side, the markings are different because of the layout, so the 1/2 way point has the needle just under the thermometer).

Run the fan clutch test I suggested. With things nice and warm, run the RPM to 1500, hold it for about 10 seconds and shut the key off. The fan should stop within a couple seconds. If it spins and spins, the fan clutch needs to be replaced.
Update:
After you're excellent advise on how to test the fan clutch, I wasted time and effort getting a parts store fan clutch which was a mistake, ordered a Ford unit from Riffraff diesel and so far so good after a week of driving the truck.

Hats off to everyone on this site for helping me in the past and in the future.

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4
2003 7.3L CCDRW
S&B intake, 4" Flo-Pro Exhaust
ISSPRO EGT/Transmission. Edge SCT2
PHP Hydra chip's
2015 Heartland Prowler
Old 11-21-2019, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Finished wiring the 2004 Eddie Bauer seats in my 2000 Excursion, installed the PMF track bar, wiring in Rigid flush mount likes in the rear bumper and had it aligned.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:33 AM

Should finish the front end (cooling system) today. New parts include oil cooler rebuild, new water pump, new serpentine belt, new belt idlers and tensioner rollers, rebuilt both alternators, new engine fan, new fan clutch, fresh waterless coolant (8 gallons worth!!!). While removing the bottom alternator I noticed some slop between the drag link and tie rod in the steering so guess what's next.

02 F350 CC 7.3 PS, auto, 6x6, 4.10 gears LB. AFE stage 2 intake, 4" AFE SS exh, 6.0 atf cooler, DP tuner with five stages
Eng Temp gauge, EGT guage and Trans temp gauge. J.Woods valve body ATS turbo housing. Cooling sys filter & waterless coolant. NON WORKING POS FASS fuel filter sys. Brightbox headlites. I don't care what they say "There's no replacement for displacement."
Don't believe statements about anything being better than a 7.3
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Old 11-22-2019, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Finished wiring the 2004 Eddie Bauer seats in my 2000 Excursion, installed the PMF track bar, wiring in Rigid flush mount likes in the rear bumper and had it aligned.
Post some pictures

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in