5577Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25151 of 25294 Old 10-14-2019, 11:14 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
One of the most ineffective tire swap jobs ever done.... wife has different work schedule and didn’t want to sit at tire shop for 4+hrs. So towed the wife’s suby and been little over 3.5hrs since drop off. Got some general grabber at2s since I’m tired of swapping summer/winter tires and taking up space. Now the dog and I have about run out of things to do lol.

May head to Lowe’s/tractor supply since the dog can hang out there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	822646D1-E834-404E-87F8-C390F2C8E7FC_1571076753268.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	724077  
SparkyF250 and voodooridr like this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25152 of 25294 Old 10-14-2019, 11:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
One of the most ineffective tire swap jobs ever done.... wife has different work schedule and didnít want to sit at tire shop for 4+hrs. So towed the wifeís suby and been little over 3.5hrs since drop off. Got some general grabber at2s since Iím tired of swapping summer/winter tires and taking up space. Now the dog and I have about run out of things to do lol.

May head to Loweís/tractor supply since the dog can hang out there too.
I liked my Grabber AT2's they do pack up with snow pretty quickly but always felt like they still had traction

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #25153 of 25294 Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
One of the most ineffective tire swap jobs ever done.... wife has different work schedule and didn’t want to sit at tire shop for 4+hrs. So towed the wife’s suby and been little over 3.5hrs since drop off. Got some general grabber at2s since I’m tired of swapping summer/winter tires and taking up space. Now the dog and I have about run out of things to do lol.

May head to Lowe’s/tractor supply since the dog can hang out there too.
I liked my Grabber AT2's they do pack up with snow pretty quickly but always felt like they still had traction

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It was a tie between those and the Yokohoma geolander at g105. They make the BFgoodrich all terrain‘s in her size like my truck has but they’re very $$$ and way heavier than oem.

Figured will run them this winter and see how the wife likes them. Heck she ran her summer tires last winter and did just fine LOL these out to be a nice upgrade.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25154 of 25294 Old 10-14-2019, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Finally got around to putting the fender badges, and WOW they look great going along with the new door badges.
WOW.....A TRUE CELEBRITY.....

NOW YOU HAVE TO GET THE "POWERSTROKE" SUNGLASSES.....

I'M CHECKING AMAZON.....

THAT COMBINATION LOOKS REALLY GOOD.....
hansel likes this.

2001 F-350 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR THE TYPICAL FORD RUST REPAIR.....AND SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
post #25155 of 25294 Old 10-15-2019, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Added two gallons of oil this morning to get the truck to start. That may have been my issue the other day, but I didn't think of checking the oil level then. I;m blowing some smoke out the tailpipe, but it smells of fuel and from the engine noise, I may have lost an injector. Having a guy check it out tonight. As for the oil, my turbo is leaking pretty good, so that is probably it.
Questions:

1. How long do injectors normally last? (I've had these in for 120k miles)

2. If it is a bad injector--and the only one that a system check shows is bad, should I get all 8 replaced or just the four on the side of the bad one (I figure at least all the injectors on the one side since the labor cost will mostly already be paid)?

3. Should I replace the glow plug wiring harness (and maybe glow plugs) in there since it and the glow plugs were done at that time as well--just as a routine maintenance?

4. What would be a great turbo to get to replace this one? A friend of mine was saying about a place near Denver that has turbos with the EBPV delete-dunno the brand yet, though. He said they go for $1,800.

5. Any idea why this forum had me logged out? I wasn't getting any notices the last couple days and when I went in here to post, I had to log in.

Live in Colorado, wanna Immigrate to Alaska or Wyoming/Idaho border area.
post #25156 of 25294 Old 10-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 3299 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthehalibut View Post
Added two gallons of oil this morning to get the truck to start. That may have been my issue the other day, but I didn't think of checking the oil level then. I;m blowing some smoke out the tailpipe, but it smells of fuel and from the engine noise, I may have lost an injector. Having a guy check it out tonight. As for the oil, my turbo is leaking pretty good, so that is probably it.
Questions:

1. How long do injectors normally last? (I've had these in for 120k miles)

2. If it is a bad injector--and the only one that a system check shows is bad, should I get all 8 replaced or just the four on the side of the bad one (I figure at least all the injectors on the one side since the labor cost will mostly already be paid)?

3. Should I replace the glow plug wiring harness (and maybe glow plugs) in there since it and the glow plugs were done at that time as well--just as a routine maintenance?

4. What would be a great turbo to get to replace this one? A friend of mine was saying about a place near Denver that has turbos with the EBPV delete-dunno the brand yet, though. He said they go for $1,800.

5. Any idea why this forum had me logged out? I wasn't getting any notices the last couple days and when I went in here to post, I had to log in.
If I was shopping for a turbo the only one I'd look at is KC Turbo. Charlie also has injectors. Also take a look a @[email protected] for parts and answers.

https://kcturbos.com/collections/7-3...omplete-Turbos

https://cncfab.us/c-1389513-shop-by-...-chargers.html
hansel and forthehalibut like this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #25157 of 25294 Old 10-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
If I was shopping for a turbo the only one I'd look at is KC Turbo. Charlie also has injectors. Also take a look a @[email protected] for parts and answers.

https://kcturbos.com/collections/7-3...omplete-Turbos

https://cncfab.us/c-1389513-shop-by-...-chargers.html
Thanks. Turns out my turbo is fine--although there is an exhaust leak in back so I will be looking for some new "y" pipes. Minor oil leaking from there. I also have a split injector (#8).

Why KC Turbo's only? Also, which one--there are many different models. I run stock injectors and will eventually be looking for a solid running, long-lasting turbo. I don't plan on racing it I don't care to burn rubber all over the pavement. Do want something for great acceleration when needed, and good for towing up and down mountain passes.

post #25158 of 25294 Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 3299 Post(s)
Garage
Because Charlie build the best turbos and he has great customer service and loyalty. Call Charlie (or Corey) and tell him what you have and what you want, neither guy will try to over sell you
hansel and forthehalibut like this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #25159 of 25294 Old 10-16-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Because Charlie build the best turbos and he has great customer service and loyalty. Call Charlie (or Corey) and tell him what you have and what you want, neither guy will try to over sell you
Thanks--I will keep that in mind when I need to replace it. Any idea on what bellowed up-pipe kit I should get? I've looked at Amazon and they go anywhere from $60 to several hundred. I don't need the "y", just the pipes and associated hardware. The injectors are already costing me over a grand.

Think I'll keep my original boots since they still seem good and plyable--save a few bucks that way.

post #25160 of 25294 Old 10-16-2019, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthehalibut View Post
Thanks. Turns out my turbo is fine--although there is an exhaust leak in back so I will be looking for some new "y" pipes. Minor oil leaking from there. I also have a split injector (#8).

Why KC Turbo's only? Also, which one--there are many different models. I run stock injectors and will eventually be looking for a solid running, long-lasting turbo. I don't plan on racing it I don't care to burn rubber all over the pavement. Do want something for great acceleration when needed, and good for towing up and down mountain passes.
Depends on what injectors you might plan on going with down the road. If you stay stock, then this turbo.

https://cncfab.us/i-30497773-kc-turb...ct-300132.html
forthehalibut and SparkyF250 like this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode