What did you do to your 7.3 Today? - Page 2480 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 5383Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #24791 of 25046 Old 07-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I put an 86'd FPR spring in my brothers '99 7.3 this morning. (We are taking his truck to Sturgis in a couple weeks so we are getting it ready.)

MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!

He always had a shake or vibration at take off. We assumed it was a U-joint or carrier bearing.
We were very amazed that this issue disappeared after the spring upgrade so that tells us that it was a fuel deficiency.

I love this forum and its members for all the invaluable info.

Black Hills here we come !!!
hansel and forthehalibut like this.

Last edited by oilcan1001; 07-14-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24792 of 25046 Old 07-14-2019, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Filled up the 7.3L yesterday and towed the side by side to the unloading spot. Super dusty roads but got to take the Teryx4 to this spot:

This is a super awesome lake in Kansas! Sorry canít tell you the real location because we have TOO MANY CALIFORNIAS moving here and after 5 yrs itís starting to show:

Increased crime, huge new low income developments because everyone moves here and finds out housing is inflated, way more California plates involved in accidents/road rage....

Sorry rant over lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Along with a wall on the southern border, it may be time for one on the western one too. Anyone can move west but only conservatives fleeing the communist repression can move east.
We're not all bad lol. Plenty of us are over this place and want to leave! Apparently in some places, people originally from California wont even say they were from there to avoid drama ha ha ha

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
forthehalibut likes this.
post #24793 of 25046 Old 07-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri_Man57 View Post
We're not all bad lol. Plenty of us are over this place and want to leave! Apparently in some places, people originally from California wont even say they were from there to avoid drama ha ha ha

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Oh ya, I just assume the good folks know who they are hahaha. Probably my best friend lives there now. Its an awesome state just ran by the wrong people etc. I loved all the travel and areas to see while I was stationed there, plus no snow/salt and de ice fluid was really nice hahaha.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24794 of 25046 Old 07-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Drained and replaced the coolant today.

Tractor Supply has a good price on SCA pre-charged coolant.... $17.99/gal at my local store.

Getting ready to hitch up our 1987 Avion 34' travel trailer and head to Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma.... can't wait!!!!
post #24795 of 25046 Old 07-15-2019, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilcan1001 View Post
I put an 86'd FPR spring in my brothers '99 7.3 this morning. (We are taking his truck to Sturgis in a couple weeks so we are getting it ready.)

MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!

He always had a shake or vibration at take off. We assumed it was a U-joint or carrier bearing.
We were very amazed that this issue disappeared after the spring upgrade so that tells us that it was a fuel deficiency.

I love this forum and its members for all the invaluable info.

Black Hills here we come !!!

Isn't it amazing how a spring can make a difference, my truck with almost 300K had a funny idle, well it's smooth as silk now. I get a shuttering every now and then when I start off from a stop, I think it's my rear gear clutch packs are worn the heck out. I will see if it still does it with the spring installed now.
oilcan1001 likes this.
post #24796 of 25046 Old 07-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Isn't it amazing how a spring can make a difference, my truck with almost 300K had a funny idle, well it's smooth as silk now. I get a shuttering every now and then when I start off from a stop, I think it's my rear gear clutch packs are worn the heck out. I will see if it still does it with the spring installed now.

Tell me more about this spring! Is there a write up on it somewhere?

to conquer without risk is to triumph without glory.
post #24797 of 25046 Old 07-16-2019, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Left Coast Geek Send a message via MSN to Left Coast Geek Send a message via Yahoo to Left Coast Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohs View Post
pretty sure he's talking about the spring in the fuel pressure regulator, which is part (4) in the diagram halfway down this page,
https://www.fordtruckzone.com/thread...iesels.656226/

there's various FPR rebuild kits that include an upgraded version of this spring, like
https://pensacoladiesel.com/product/...regulator-kit/
Vohs likes this.
post #24798 of 25046 Old 07-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
The oem torq converter on the 7.3ls 4r100 will notice a reduced shudder MOST of the time with lubegards anti shudder. its a little 2oz tube. I think its like 2oz per 10qarts but just adding one seems to be very popular with olrder 4r100s. I just added mine yesterday and will drive this weekend. Seems lubegard is a very reputable transmission fluid addative company. found some good threads on bobistheoil guy and even some here for the anti shudder. A good friend of mine added to his parents escape and within days of driving the shudder is gone and still gone. its worth it for like $8 I think.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #24799 of 25046 Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohs View Post
Not to take away from any other members experience with the Eigthysixd spring, but I just recently put one in and noticed no difference. The one I took out was shorter and less resistance than the new one too. I still do believe it's worth a shot for 25 bucks.
Vohs likes this.
post #24800 of 25046 Old 07-16-2019, 02:44 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Geek View Post
pretty sure he's talking about the spring in the fuel pressure regulator, which is part (4) in the diagram halfway down this page,

https://www.fordtruckzone.com/thread...iesels.656226/

there's various FPR rebuild kits that include an upgraded version of this spring, like

https://pensacoladiesel.com/product/...regulator-kit/

Is there anything special to consider when doing this rebuild? Like risk for air in lines that can cause a no start condition?

to conquer without risk is to triumph without glory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode