post #24722 of 24943 Old 07-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangea View Post
Installed a ugly a$$ trailer brake module in my truck.....it works
This description warrants a picture of said brake module.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
GETFURIOUS likes this.
post #24723 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 04:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthehalibut View Post
Parking brake and shaft seals replacement totaled $580.21
I reckon my parking brake is not going to get fixed anytime soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24724 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 06:24 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Getting a new belt and idler pulley today at lunch. started up the truck and the belt was squeaking A LOT. no slipping or burning but it had squeaked every now and then past few days and this morning she said nope lol.

kind of interesting though.... second oem motorcraft belt and tensioner in little under 3 yrs.... both for my truck with single alt and cold weather package. I checked all pulleys as best as I can so I probably got coolant or oil on it when I did the oil cooler re seal couple months ago. Oh well it's only money right???

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #24725 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
It's not really what I've done today, but more of what I've noticed about my F-250. This truck is within a few hundred miles of breaking 300K, I put the 86 spring in a week or so back, and when I crank her up it's getting louder, she runs fine and the sound at idle is normal, just that cranking sound is getting louder, any ideas???? Is it the added fuel pressure??? Or is it just because she is getting old and these are the original injectors??
post #24726 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Serving Our Country!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
It's not really what I've done today, but more of what I've noticed about my F-250. This truck is within a few hundred miles of breaking 300K, I put the 86 spring in a week or so back, and when I crank her up it's getting louder, she runs fine and the sound at idle is normal, just that cranking sound is getting louder, any ideas???? Is it the added fuel pressure??? Or is it just because she is getting old and these are the original injectors??
Clarify louder; i.e. the injector cackle is more pronounced, engine is just roaring louder during idle or?

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #24727 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
It's only when I crank it on start up, it's got a loud "knocking" sound, but it sounds fine when running
post #24728 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Serving Our Country!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
It's only when I crank it on start up, it's got a loud "knocking" sound, but it sounds fine when running
most likely the injector at the milage esp the infamous number 8. SUPPOSEDLY there is a fix called the fuel crossover line that equalizes fuel pressure in the heads but reviews seem rather 50/50 so I never wasted the time or money. but at 250k+ your injectors are on the way out. archoil ar9100 oil addative or a good synthetic oil does quiet it down some. until you replace them etc. I noticed it a lot on my current 1999. im running the new 15w-40 t6 full synthetic and it smoothed out the injector knock quite a bit for me at least.

Justin
post #24729 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthehalibut View Post
Got the parking break shoes replaced and the rear axleshaft seals replaced as well--that's what was messing up the parking break set. Had it done at the stealership, and they had to keep it overnight since they got the wrong parts for it three times(wrong shaft seals)!

The parking break doesn't alwasy fully set when I push it down--it sometimes just pops right back up like it did before taking it in. Will see what happens in the next day or two. Also am keeping an eye on the rear wheels to see if any fluid gets on them.
DON'T WAIT.....TAKE IT BACK RIGHT AWAY.....MAYBE THEY LEFT SOMETHING LOOSE IN THERE CAUSING YOUR CURRENT PROBLEM.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleStix View Post
I went through the pain of replacing mine a few years back. For some reason I didn’t realize needed certain tools (spindle socket, puller) and had to drive back to part house.

Unfortunately, once again mine is still absolutely worthless - Horrible design in my professional opinion. Probably suitable for a Focus. I just gave up and forgot it exists. Having a manual I just leave it in gear but wish it functioned so I could trust leaving it in neutral and idle during the summer heat. Instead, I just keep a short piece of an old 8x8 post I use as a chock.
FROM THE DAY I BOUGHT MY TRUCK.....THE PARKING BRAKE NEVER WORKED.....

JUST LIKE YOURS.....MINE DOES NOT HOLD.....I PLAN ON CHANGING MY PARKING BRAKE SHOES LATER THIS MONTH.....I DID LOOK AT THE BACKING PLATES TO CHECK FOR RUST THE OTHER DAY.....AND THEY LOOKED FINE.....

MY TRUCK HAS FAIRLY NEW REAR CALIPERS.....HOWEVER.....THE REAR ROTORS NEED TO BE REPLACED.....SO.....I WILL ORDER THOSE NEXT WEEK.....

I ALREADY HAVE THE PARKING BRAKE SHOES AND SPRING KIT.....I JUST HAVE TO ORDER THE INNER (HUB) AND OUTER (AXLE) SEALS AND A BOTTLE OF FLUID (GEAR OIL).....

B-T-W.....I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ABOUT DOING THE PARKING BRAKES:....

1).....SINCE I WILL BE ADDING ONLY A FEW OUNCES OF FLUID.....DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TYPE OF FLUID (GEAR OIL) I SHOULD GET?....

2).....I WATCHED A FEW VIDEOS ON DOING THIS JOB.....AND SOME OF THEM USE AXLE GREASE ON THE HUB AND BEARINGS BEFORE RE-INSTALLING.....AND SOME DON'T.....SINCE THESE BEARINGS ARE LUBRICATED VIA THE GEAR OIL IN THE REAREND.....SHOULD I USE AXLE GREASE ON THEM DURING RE-ASSEMBLY?....OR JUST LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE?....

THANKS.....
forthehalibut likes this.

Last edited by GETFURIOUS; 07-03-2019 at 10:37 AM.
post #24730 of 24943 Old 07-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

Garage
Changed the belt and the idler pulley. Mine was not bad but you could see where grease had been thrown in the inside like a star pattern so I replaced it anyways. Belt still looked brand new but less than 20k miles on it too. I just have gotten coolant or oil on it by accident.

Oh well now that pulley is set for another 20 yrs 😉

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode