post #24251 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2ca View Post
I really miss having to deal with that!
I'm sure you do! Luckily it's all easy stuff, but still ridiculous. I won't what people with injectors due since they have to run custom tuning and wouldn't able to remove the programmer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk250 View Post
Man, stories like these make thankful I live in a county that couldn't care less about emissions.
Very jealous!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24252 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri_Man57 View Post
I'm sure you do! Luckily it's all easy stuff, but still ridiculous. I won't what people with injectors due since they have to run custom tuning and wouldn't able to remove the programmer? Very jealous!
I had a few minor modifications that I would have to undo every year. I had a Superchips tuner with a CARB exemption number, but felt it was safer to uninstall it instead of having to explain to the monkey that it was CARB legal. I'd put the AIH back in & hook it up.

My friend that worked at the Ford Dealer gave me the instructions on how to fast track the diagnostic self tests after I'd cleared the soft codes left by the tuner.

Before I made my first visit to the smog monkey, I took my pickup truck out the the smog referee at Butte College and had him look at the Racor CCV3550-FRD-02 crank case vent system that I had installed. He sent the info on to his contact at CARB and they gave it the thumbs up. I knew that was probably going to raise a red flag, so I carried a copy of the email with me just in case.

Fast forward after escaping CA in 2015......none of that stuff matters anymore.
post #24253 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've been like a kid in Christmas Eve every time the UPS or FedEx truck pulls up for the last month. Have a pile of boxes in garage just waiting for warm weather to get here. S&B intake, 4 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, sump for fuel tank, Edge Insight with EGT probe, just ordered Cory's HPOP lines with HXP. Come on warm weather!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24254 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowson2 View Post
I've been like a kid in Christmas Eve every time the UPS or FedEx truck pulls up for the last month. Have a pile of boxes in garage just waiting for warm weather to get here. S&B intake, 4 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, sump for fuel tank, Edge Insight with EGT probe, just ordered Cory's HPOP lines with HXP. Come on warm weather!
Oh you do have alot of Goodies!! Be sure to lest us know about that S&B Intake. Its the one that has the most appeal to me. I swap in a heavy duty paper during the summer cause i worry about my Drop In K&N letting to much through when all the dirt road i drive are so dry.
post #24255 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As soon as I get the S&B installed and the rest of my toys I will do an update for sure
blk250 likes this.
post #24256 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
attempted to install PMF fab steering stabilizer. Had an issue with the shock body contacting the outer bracket on the tie rod before I was able to get the steering wheel to full lock. Almost like the shock was too long they supplied me.

Anybody else have a PMF stabilizer and had this type of issue. I emailed Trevor and he said the shock should not be limiting the stroke. I'm pretty sure I have everything installed correctly. Not sure what else to do at this point but can't drive the truck as is I only have about 70% steering capability
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	716323   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0511.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	716325   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	716327   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0510.JPG
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	716329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	716331  

post #24257 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Well, dropped my fuel tank this weekend to see what was what, repair/replace anything that needed it, and harpoon the tank. Let me tell you folks who have not done it yet; PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT!!! This has been one of the biggest PITA I have ever undertaken. I started on Saturday noon'ish and at 9:00 PM tonight, it's ready to go back in but it will just have to wait as I had had enough. I'm doing it by myself so, too, so that really does not help. You NEED an extra pair of hands to help wiggle and reach and contort to get where you need to be.That and this is the first one I've done so being unfamiliar with the process doesn't help either. I stopped to take a few pics along the way to where I am now. I will take one final picture when it's back together and running. Then, I will stop and pray to Almighty God that I hope tonever have to do this again. Below is a timeline of my pain. DTR is right; spray the hose connections silly. Mine were like they were glued on the filler pipe. If you can, get new ones and just cut the old one off. This would have saved me hours of fighting to get them loose then off. Next is my "extra set of hands". Last two are the fuel send and return lines. These were actually not too bad. At least not as bad as some I've had to uncouple. The electrical connection for the fuel level sending unit is a PITA. Plan on getting dirt in you eyes even with safety glasses on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190316_182354.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	716335   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_151747.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	716337   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_151814.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	716339   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_154646.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	716341  
post #24258 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 08:18 PM

Garage
After four hours, some skin and blood plus several words that would make my momma cry, the hoses are loose and off. This was the mother of all aggravation. Seriously, buy new hoses and just cut these off. This will make this whole ordeal go sooo much smoother. Tank on the bench, open it up, take out the sending unit in all of its cruddy, dirty glory and looky there...no foot. Hmm??? Wonder what happened to it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190317_171834.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	716343   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_173233.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	716345   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_181308.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	716347  
post #24259 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 08:36 PM

Garage
Oh! There it is. Well, at least part of it anyway. Where's the rest of it? Oh yeah - it's in all these pieces you see in the next pic. Speaking of which; what are those little round cardboard disc looking things and where did they come from? All that was scattered about, sloshing around in the tank. Along with the pieces of broken foot, you can see the fill and vent tube lengths I cut off thus harpooning the tank. I don't think I got it all of the debris either. I'll double check tomorrow before putting it back in. I even had trash up in the area where the little screens are. See, here's where my OCD comes in handy. Time to clean. Speaking of which. Looks like the little filter screens have seen there better days, too. I've seen worse but I have a little trick for you two old boys. It's called new ones. Oh, BTW, getting the housing that holds the little screens apart so you can change them out? PITA! "Be careful not to bend the float rod!" PITA! I'm going to bed. I'm tired, sore ALL over, and I feel like I've been beat like a rented mule. I hope to finish this tomorrow. The new fuel pressure spring and banjo bolts are just gonna have to wait until I recuperate.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190317_181332.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	716349   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_193703.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	716351   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_202913.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	716353   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_202937.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	716355   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_203235.jpg
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	716357  

SparkyF250 likes this.

Last edited by Wood's Powerstroke; 03-17-2019 at 08:44 PM.
post #24260 of 25155 Old 03-17-2019, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk250 View Post
Man, some people

Did you go all big spender and get the Aluminum Degas Bottles?

Let us know how it goes!!

I was unaware of any such tank, I expect my wife would appreciate that though!

While I had no issues other than I noticed the thermostat housing was rusty and damp for the few days I practically slept on top of the motor while R&R the turbo, gauge wiring, and HPOP lines/fittings... I think a good flush was overdue. Also glad I came across some threads and good info here on ELC coolant, feel better knowing it doesn’t required the maint. of alternative choices.

These two along with some penetrant made block plugs way easier than I anticipated after the experience I had with the plug when doing the FRx:

Coolant I removed and some of the sediment, guessing some of the SCA dropout:

Thermostat housing and thermostat.

Also replaced lower inlet elbow, new o ring and bolts - only a little rust but figured worth replacing. Cleaned up mating surfaces for it and thermostat housing good

Replaced hoses, glad I saw the one meant for those with dual alt, goes AROUND the serp belt... always wondered what that little c shape was for under the alt.

After running for about 5 min with flush t through heater line and thermostat out, then about 8 with motor running, got clean water. After draining tap water out first distilled flushed looked pretty rough, second not a whole lot better, by the third and fourth I decided it wasn’t that bad and I was not going back to get anymore gal jugs. Here’s the 2nd 3rd and 4th (left to right) flush some I grabbed in jugs when draining: I figured since cast iron block, maybe surface or flash rust between flushes? I read a post that distilled seems to have a different reaction than tap - either way 4 trips sliding under the truck and getting soaked was my “practical” limit. I got the new thermostat and all back in, and the new Rotella ELC.

Took for couple good drives tested heater and all, topped new degas bottle off and plan to check level over next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode