What did you do to your 7.3 Today? - Page 2422 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 5690Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #24211 of 25467 Old 03-13-2019, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got my old rigid fog lights to work on the new Ranch Hand. Glad I had local spring shop do level with extra leaf after reading the added weight will cause sagging over time. Decided to pull off the air dam since it clearly wonít work with the new bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SparkyF250 and ames485 like this.

99 F250 XLT 4x4 ZF6

Modifications:
Ford AIS Intake
MBRB 4" Exhaust
Riffraff Billet Compressor Wheel
Garrett GTP38 High Flow Outlet
Riffraff FRx & HPx
Riffraff Plenum inserts, CAC Boots & clamps
AIH Delete
EBPV Delete
Isspro EV2 Fuel, Boost, & EGT gauges
PHP Hydra
Bilstein 5100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24212 of 25467 Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Another project i did today was some wiring clean up. I am a sucker for good flashlights, and I keep a Streamlight Strion in my truck at all times. I have its charger mounted next to my brake controller and the wire run under the dash. It used to have Cigarette plug that i kept plugged in 24/7 to the lower cigarette port. Well I was tired of it and decided to do an add a fuse and splice it in to the exist charger cable. So i snipped off the plug and wired it up to the ground screw to the right under the steering wheel dash panel. And for the power I added an add a fuse to the horn fuse. Its a 15amp and its key off power. The flashlight charger pulls less than like .8 of an amp when its charging and when it fully charges the flashlight it goes in to a top off mode pull less and .1 of an amp. Some heat shrink and a few zip ties later wha la. I did notch the fuse panel cover so it would fit back on. Its not even that big of a difference on the looking at the dash, but just having the stock cigarette lighter instead of a plug is enough for me.

Since Im still a rookie, anyone have an idea why pictures i upload always turn sideways???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	692.7 KB
ID:	716091   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	573.3 KB
ID:	716093   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	522.9 KB
ID:	716095   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	552.1 KB
ID:	716097   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	716099  

Bri_Man57 likes this.
post #24213 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 05:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
I've been messing with the key fob for the past couple days..... going into key fob programming mode the other day it wouldn't recognize the original fob. Figured the fob was bad.

Two new fobs arrived yesterday. Truck wouldn't even go into programming mode.

Pulled the #19 fuse for a minute and reinstalled.

Entered program mode an it recognized/programmed the two new fobs.

Probably should of also had the original fob with me to see if it was still good, oops, lol. I bet it is.

From the bit of research I've done on this issue, having to pull the fuse sounds like the VSM is on borrowed time?

I don't have any of the other symptoms like the door ajar warning, dome light and headlight craziness.

2002 F250 7.3 PS SC LB 4X4 Auto. 81k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24214 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk250 View Post
Another project i did today was some wiring clean up. I am a sucker for good flashlights, and I keep a Streamlight Strion in my truck at all times. I have its charger mounted next to my brake controller and the wire run under the dash. It used to have Cigarette plug that i kept plugged in 24/7 to the lower cigarette port. Well I was tired of it and decided to do an add a fuse and splice it in to the exist charger cable. So i snipped off the plug and wired it up to the ground screw to the right under the steering wheel dash panel. And for the power I added an add a fuse to the horn fuse. Its a 15amp and its key off power. The flashlight charger pulls less than like .8 of an amp when its charging and when it fully charges the flashlight it goes in to a top off mode pull less and .1 of an amp. Some heat shrink and a few zip ties later wha la. I did notch the fuse panel cover so it would fit back on. Its not even that big of a difference on the looking at the dash, but just having the stock cigarette lighter instead of a plug is enough for me.

Since Im still a rookie, anyone have an idea why pictures i upload always turn sideways???

Do you take the pics with an iPhone? Was it sideways when you where taking the pics? If so try rotating the phone 180* and take pictures that way. Since people are creatures of habit they always keep their phone a curtain way like the home button is always to the right. I donít know why but if the home button is on the wrong side the pics come out wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift,37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks inner cooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24215 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbluke55 View Post
Do you take the pics with an iPhone? Was it sideways when you where taking the pics? If so try rotating the phone 180* and take pictures that way. Since people are creatures of habit they always keep their phone a curtain way like the home button is always to the right. I donít know why but if the home button is on the wrong side the pics come out wrong.
Sure do, Ill try change up the way I take pictures lol. Thanks
post #24216 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 10:56 AM

Garage
home button to the right

home button to the left.

01 f-250, Standard

post #24217 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 AM

Garage
Huh. Mine worked right.

01 f-250, Standard

post #24218 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 11:06 AM

Garage
sbluke55

Ill try to mess around with it later, I did just bite the bullet and get a Edge CTS2 for the truck. Thoroughbred had no tax on the order so it saved 30 bucks. Looks like its gonna be PB&J sandwiches for a while though lol.
post #24219 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk250 View Post
I noticed that when re-assembling. I did actually clean some grease out. Drove it today and it stops better than it ever has. I noticed when re mating the surfaces, if i do like an emergency stop from about 60 to 15ish it will pull just barely and i meant barely to the left. I guess its a new caliper vs a older caliper. But normal braking around town it brakes soo straight. It used to always pull to the right before i tore into it yesterday.
I WAS TAUGHT TO ALWAYS REPLACE CALIPERS IN PAIRS.....BECAUSE SOMETIMES NEW OR REBUILT CALIPERS WILL GRAB DIFFERENTLY THAN OLDER CALIPERS.....CAUSING PULLING TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.....

2001 F-350 4X4 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
post #24220 of 25467 Old 03-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Garage
Today was "Bring Your '01 F350 CCLB to Work" day.....................so I did!
Today is also "Take your truck home after work" day.....................so I will!!!
SparkyF250 and GETFURIOUS like this.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB |

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 -
-
- 'Gator Navy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode