post #21911 of 25156 Old 02-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Quoted: 3258 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
You guys know anywhere or if it exists - a T bolt turbo outlet clamp to replace the currently pos clamp style that I have now?
I’m fixing to bring my clamp and a t clamp to have it TiG’d guy wants $50 bucks to tig it :[

IT guy problems @ corey lol.

@[email protected] @LoxDiesel @RalphC @sparky 250

T clamp being hacked off and tig to my pos clamp above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never had a problem, curious about your solution though, post a pic of your modified clamp before you install it.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SparkyF250; 02-03-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21912 of 25156 Old 02-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
While looking for a fastener that I dropped from another vehicle while working on it that rolled under the Super Duty, I noticed a "volcano" of white crusty stuff on top of the front tie rod, right under the water pump. Dried SCA. Guess I need to get the water pump that's been sitting on my parts room floor installed before the next trip. Looks like it's really beginning to leak now. Been putting this off for over two years.
post #21913 of 25156 Old 02-04-2018, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Alternator took a dump on my way home from work today. Took a chance and she got me 25 miles home. Batteries down to 11.8V at the end.

Easy swap, back in business.

Man is this thing a beast in the snow with those BFG's on it.

Last edited by DirtyDawg; 02-04-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21914 of 25156 Old 02-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Garage
Been getting up into the 70s the last several days and will be a bunch more ahead. Decided it was a good day to outside to wash, detail the truck. Good to be out, good to have a cleaned up truck!

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 CCLB

5th Wheel |

Proud Veteran | US Navy - '76-'80 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5)
post #21915 of 25156 Old 02-05-2018, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Started her up......it was 12f outside....not plugged in.......thanks to that glow plug solenoid from Corey
post #21916 of 25156 Old 02-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Been getting up into the 70s the last several days and will be a bunch more ahead. Decided it was a good day to outside to wash, detail the truck. Good to be out, good to have a cleaned up truck!
Tell me about it lol. House got to 74 the other day... A big update. Loses my truck to the brim along with the trailer behind me. And my brother followed me with another 16 ft trailer lol.

We stayed in a hotel in Madras OR last night, about 7 hrs more til i go from 70 degrees to about 35 with snow lol.

Iíll miss a lot of people for sure in CA but not my $375 truck reg annually lol.

Iíll stay in touch though with my CA buddies s Iíll probably be off the org for another week to get all settled in.

Then some non CA compliant mods for my truck and my Dads trucks exhaust is rusted bad so gonna replace that for him for letting us use the truck too.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
post #21917 of 25156 Old 02-05-2018, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Replaced my POS uhaul hitch, that was wayyyy underrated for the truck. Installed a curt class V. This thing is a beast! Rated at 17k. I would highly recommend it to anybody looking to install a hitch. Itís crazy to think this thing is rated more than my reese 5th wheel hitch. Also replaced the corroded out 7way plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #21918 of 25156 Old 02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Tell me about it lol. House got to 74 the other day... A big update. Loses my truck to the brim along with the trailer behind me. And my brother followed me with another 16 ft trailer lol.

We stayed in a hotel in Madras OR last night,
about 7 hrs more til i go from 70 degrees to about 35 with snow lol.

Iíll miss a lot of people for sure in CA but not my $375 truck reg annually lol.

Iíll stay in touch though with my CA buddies s Iíll probably be off the org for another week to get all settled in.

Then some non CA compliant mods for my truck and my Dads trucks exhaust is rusted bad so gonna replace that for him for letting us use the truck too.
You were about an hour north of Bend - my two oldest grandkids live there. I'm sure you're there by now, I hope all went well.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 CCLB

5th Wheel |

Proud Veteran | US Navy - '76-'80 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5)
post #21919 of 25156 Old 02-05-2018, 07:21 PM
DieselDC

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by early99psd View Post
Replaced my POS uhaul hitch, that was wayyyy underrated for the truck. Installed a curt class V. This thing is a beast! Rated at 17k. I would highly recommend it to anybody looking to install a hitch. Itís crazy to think this thing is rated more than my reese 5th wheel hitch. Also replaced the corroded out 7way plug.

Yup I have it saved in my amazon for the longest - just havenít bought it yet. Kinda like my GN lol. Iíll get it one day though. Keep in mind though - you donít want 17k load on that hitch even if it was rated for that much. Were no toters - those sob will drag 20k in the bumper no problem.

Another thing you gotta look around and laugh at them stupid hitch balls rated for 20k+ - I think they were bulletproof hitches or something. Well okay, not stupid hitches - theyíre actually pretty damn bullet proof lol but come on, do you really wanna drag 20k load + 8500lb truck? Thatís over 4K+ tongue on your rear frame - think bent frames at the front hanger! A dismantler I know has plenty of f350/450 dump beds he showed me with bent frames b/c of 4K on the end of the bumper.

Stay alway from them aluminum hitches - theyíre cool and all but just stay away from them. I donít trust 10k load sitting on aluminum.

Reason why I brought them up is b/c you have a class v hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #21920 of 25156 Old 02-05-2018, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
No way do I ever plan on pulling a 17k trailer or even close. The reason I changed it was I rented a 25í toyhauler last year that was around 9k. The POS uhaul hitch is only rated for 7.5k. I was nervously whole time towing it. Also the hitch is pretty rusted. One other reason for changing is the side frames on the old hitch turn in toward the center of the frame which limits you on the size of spare it will carry. I am hoping now with the new hitch and the side frames that have the bend going the other way, I can fit a 285 spare under there. I would never tow more than what the truck is rated for. This hitch is my second purchase from etrailer, they have some good prices.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode