• 1 Post By hansel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Intermittant Radio & Power windows??

From time to time, my '02 F350 will not operate the power windows or radio. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. A bump in the road can send it either on or off. I know it's electrical and I have FORD '02 shop manual. I just can't seem to find where those two are connected. When one works the other does also. They also don't work at the same time. Somewhere there's a connection. Either power or ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

I figured it out. The Battery safer relay (K115) must be taking a dump. There's power to the accessory delay relay (K126) but no power to the pickup coil of the K126. The Battery safer relay (K115) is a non serviceable relay in the Instrument cluster microprocessor that feeds the pickup coil of the K126. I can jump the 30/87 terminals and make things work but I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if the Inst cluster m.p. is even available.

Last edited by Bart_3500; 09-09-2019 at 03:58 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Garage
You good with a soldering iron? -- non replaceable pshaw

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_3500 View Post
I figured it out. The Battery safer relay (K115) must be taking a dump. There's power to the accessory delay relay (K126) but no power to the pickup coil of the K126. The Battery safer relay (K115) is a non serviceable relay in the Instrument cluster microprocessor that feeds the pickup coil of the K126. I can jump the 30/87 terminals and make things work but I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if the Inst cluster m.p. is even available.
You seem super knowledgeable in electronics. If you can repair the instrument cluster go for it!!! Most of us send if off to someone like Ed at FICMrepair.com. However you may be able to save yourself a few bucks.

To clarify, yes its definitely a problem in the cluster, very common on those trucks.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Yep, I'm pretty good with a soldering iron. As a matter of fact I have an old one that takes about 20 minutes to get hot and takes both hands to heft it That thing is for massive soldering jobs not this. I'll attack it someday soon. Right now I'm doing the electrical in a large garage I had built, moving in from another state LOTS to do before I tear the instrument cluster out. I'm assuming that the cluster microprocessor is in behind the dash. Feel to correct me if I'm wrong. I did put a 12 gauge jumper wire between the 30 and 87 terminal and everything works fine now. I have to manually shut off the radio and the clock stays on but that's not a problem.
7.3fl550 Thanks for the compliment. Does your signature mean you have an F550? If so I'm jealous. My F350 is great though. Even the wife loves it. "IF" the 7.3 ever goes south I'll have it rebuilt with BIG Havocs'. I purchased a 39' triple axle toy haulin' 5th wheel back when I had a Dodge 3500 and a 12 valve cummins. ONE trip with that Dodge and the 5th wheel and I started looking for a bigger engine. I've been a Ford man since my first 57 Thunderbird. BTW did I mention that the 5th wheel has a '66 Bronco rock crawler in the back? No wonder the Dog couldn't handle it. 7.3 doesn't much care what's in or behind it.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Send it to Circuit board medics and they will have you go to go in a few days. Why screw with it send it to the guys that fix this stuff in their sleep.
Hydro likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hansel For This Useful Post:
Bart_3500 (09-10-2019)
post #7 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I've had the same problem with my 02 for a few years. About a year or so ago it also started affecting my door ajar light and dome light. Not sure what will be next. Don't have the loose change now but when I do I'll send it to circuit board medics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode