O2 7.3 Exhaust/Cold air intake Upgrade - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 08-18-2019, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
Pick the exhaust of your choice. They all do the same job. Material it’s made of, muffler, and tip are all matter of choice in how much you wanna spend. Intake wise. Get the Donaldson Blue filter from RiffRaff and a 4” long 4” ID pipe. You can make your intake for $50. Another free mod, is to adjust your wastegate rod on your turbo. From the factory there usually isn’t enough preload on the WG spring. The wastegate blows open under load and bleeds boost pressure off. When I had my stock turbo, my peak boost went from 17 psi to 24 psi. On stock injectors, you won’t have enough fuel to over spin the turbo. So tighten the rod all the way down. Just food for though

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Forged
Irate T4 BASB, DIY Tymar, Full Force 180/80's, Adrenaline HPOP, Driven Diesel RR & banjos, Magnaflow TBE, GH tuned Hydra, 05 Harley's w/ HID conversion, Edge Insight CTS2, RiffRaff BRV & coolant filter, 20" Black Moto Metal, Dieselsite boots, JLR valve body, 6.0 trans cooler, ARP's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 08-18-2019, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
The stock airbox on a 7.3 is undersized, a air intake system with a larger filter is a good idea. The 6637 is a cheap option I have had mine for years and it works fine, the S&B kit is a good option if you want something more fancy.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
post #13 of 17 Old 08-21-2019, 10:59 PM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
I don't have a 7.3 but my best friend does. If it was my truck:

1. do the 6637
2. get a 4 inch aluminized exhaust. MBRP is a good choice
3. get some tuning (PHP hydra). you will be amazed at how it wakes up your rig.
4. call or PM Corey at cncfab (see previous post). He'll hook you up. Great service!

AND whatever you do, DON'T get anything from Sinister diesel !! (or Thoroughbred Diesel)

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 08-22-2019, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsargent View Post
AND whatever you do, DON'T get anything from Sinister diesel !! (or Thoroughbred Diesel)
Put Banks and ATS Diesel on that list also LOL. What is wrong with Thoroughbred? I must have missed that story, I got my South Bend clutch from them a few years back and it got here quick, their shop is only 2 hours away from me.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
post #15 of 17 Old 08-22-2019, 07:39 AM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Thoroughbred took me for a $9000 ride a few years back. Bogus set of injectors that I bought from them. They failed almost immediately. Had a shop replace them with Motorcraft ones and I got stuck with the bill. Wouldn't reimburse me or nothing. Best they would do was to send me a new set of o rings and crush washers ($8 a pack from Alliant). Their GM basically told me to F off. Since they don't have a registered agent in AK I got screwed for trying to sue them.

Turns out the injectors had a recall on them for bad snap rings. They knew about it (GM admitted it), still sold me the injectors and then told me to keep them. Thoroughbred told me they sold me the injectors as New ones but they were Alliant remans. The $9K included their sticks and the original labor to have them put in, then the sticks failed one at a time, truck had to be towed a few times. after the third failed injector I had the shop replace the rest of them. Needless to say I got schooled fast (was my first diesel). I do all my work now unless it involves a transmission. After that fiasco they changed a few things on their website....

Banks on the other hand has always treated me good (and my son too). Never dealt with ATS. I stick with the vendors on the org here from now on.

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!

Last edited by zsargent; 08-22-2019 at 07:43 AM.
post #16 of 17 Old 08-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Fire From the Clouds!

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsargent View Post
Thoroughbred took me for a $9000 ride a few years back. Bogus set of injectors that I bought from them. They failed almost immediately. Had a shop replace them with Motorcraft ones and I got stuck with the bill. Wouldn't reimburse me or nothing. Best they would do was to send me a new set of o rings and crush washers ($8 a pack from Alliant). Their GM basically told me to F off. Since they don't have a registered agent in AK I got screwed for trying to sue them.

Turns out the injectors had a recall on them for bad snap rings. They knew about it (GM admitted it), still sold me the injectors and then told me to keep them. Thoroughbred told me they sold me the injectors as New ones but they were Alliant remans. The $9K included their sticks and the original labor to have them put in, then the sticks failed one at a time, truck had to be towed a few times. after the third failed injector I had the shop replace the rest of them. Needless to say I got schooled fast (was my first diesel). I do all my work now unless it involves a transmission. After that fiasco they changed a few things on their website....

Banks on the other hand has always treated me good (and my son too). Never dealt with ATS. I stick with the vendors on the org here from now on.
That's why I try to buy as much as possible from Amazon. Most of the time you're still supporting the vendors we all know and love but you have the backing of Amazon to provide free return shipping and instant refunds.

2002 Ford F350-Lariat-CrewCab-LongBed-7.3L PowerStroke Intercooled Turbo Diesel!
2.5 PMF lift on 325/60r20 Nitto M/T's
Enough Stuff To Pull Yours!

post #17 of 17 Old 08-22-2019, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon122 View Post
That's why I try to buy as much as possible from Amazon. Most of the time you're still supporting the vendors we all know and love but you have the backing of Amazon to provide free return shipping and instant refunds.
You're correct, however the vendors make less on the sale. Not only do they have to purchase from the manufacturer (let's say 50% of resale) they then have to turn around and pay Amazon as well. When I sell the products my company manufactures directly to my retailers I have 50% margins in most cases. When I sell on Amazon my margins drop to 40%. This is why I try to purchase from merchants I trust instead of going to Amazon.

2000 7.3 4x4 CC, 210,000 miles.
Security: Ravelco (for the pro's), Viper (for the rookies), The Club 1100 Steering Wheel Lock (visual deterrent).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode