Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   99-03 7.3L General Discussion (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-general-discussion/)
-   -   Thud Never Went Away!!! (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-general-discussion/1367229-thud-never-went-away.html)

bjblackout 08-09-2019 07:50 PM

Thud Never Went Away!!!

So I have this this noise in the front of the truck when going over bumps. Usually hear when at lower speeds when going over a bump. Sounds like a thud or something is loose. I have replaced the steering damper, sway bar bushings and sway bar end links. The shop said it is not the ball joints. They did their couple test and said it’s not the ball joints. Where do I go from here. Want to install new shocks all the way around but not sure if they would cause this noise but I am not the original owner and have no idea when they were changed if at all.

I can’t stand this noise anymore. Any help is appreciated on what to check next!!!

Should I take it to another shop and get a second opinion on the ball joonts??

voodooridr 08-09-2019 08:17 PM

Have you looked at your cab mount bushings?

bjblackout 08-10-2019 05:10 AM

I have not. Sorry to sound stupid but where are they? Not really mechanically inclined but willing to try anything.

bjblackout 08-10-2019 05:23 AM

The thud sounds like it’s in the front end forward of my feet. Sounds like it’s in the wheel area when going over bumps at low speeds.

bjblackout 08-11-2019 07:27 AM

Anyone else have any ideas. I guess shocks and cab mount bushings are next.

voodooridr 08-11-2019 08:01 AM

My Cab bushings are quiet except pulling into my driveway then I get all kinds of popping and groaning from the floor of the cab

bjblackout 08-11-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodooridr (Post 16316301)
My Cab bushings are quiet except pulling into my driveway then I get all kinds of popping and groaning from the floor of the cab

Maybe that’s the next thing I should replace. How difficult are they to do yourself? I guess mine is not a thud because it’s usually at lower speeds but it sounds like something loose. I can’t stand it. I won’t stop till I find it.

alaskan155 08-14-2019 02:53 AM

28 Attachment(s)
sway bar endlinks the frame mount hole usually gets wallowed out.... remove front sway bar a drive around youll see

bjblackout 08-18-2019 07:44 PM

Well I did t stop until I found it and it’s GONE. It was the sway bar end links not being tightened enough. I know a simple mistake and an easy fix thank god. Thanks everyone for your help and ideas on what to check.

doubleslottedflaps 08-20-2019 12:54 AM

brake caliper mount bushings wore out ?