13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel of Houston=inflated prices

tooling around craigslist today at work, looking for a truck for a local farmer. came across a dealer in Houston "Diesel of Houston" and they are PROUD of their trucks.
the 7.3s caught my attention
01 Lariat 100K miles 6 spd $27,995
https://www.dieselofhouston.com/deta...-duty/53799583

02 Lariat 127 K miles 2wd $25,995
https://www.dieselofhouston.com/deta...-duty/52870309

01 Platinum 146K miles $25,995
https://www.dieselofhouston.com/deta...-duty/52427937

or for $24,995 you can pick up this 2015 XL with 162,380 miles
https://www.dieselofhouston.com/deta...-duty/53724631

I appreciate a clean vehicle, but damn their inventory is pricey

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's pretty ridiculous. This place is about an hour from me, they're a bit nuts too. Browse their trucks.

https://dieselworldtrucksales.com//n...spx?clearall=1

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
post #3 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
These are probably Buy Here, Pay Here operations. They carry their own financing, and you pay them directly. The BHPH business model attracts people with substandard credit that can't qualify for traditional purchases.

BHPH requires a substantial down-payment (that pretty much covers the seller's cost in the vehicle right off the bat), then spreads the balance over a substantial period (5-7 or MORE years is not uncommon) but at substantial interest rates to keep the monthly payment low. (Which is all low-income earners care about).

A little-known attribute of the BHPH scheme is that if the loan is still performing after 12 months (ie, the buyer is still making the payments, and is not in arrears) the seller can sell the loan to firms that package these loans into "securities" for "investors". (Very similar "product" to the "MBS" that caused the-housing fiasco of 07). The vehicles are almost always equipped with trackers and interlocks. If you don't make the payment, the vehicle won't start until you do, and enter a "code" into a keyboard to make it run again. The tracker makes it easier for the repo team to find it.

BHPH operations aren't interested in selling you a truck. They want to get you into the LOAN. The high selling price inflates the down payment, interest charges earned, and likelihood that the vehicle will come back to be "sold" again. My bet is that these lots with these prices are BHPH operations, and don't WANT to sell to cash purchasers. They want the vig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 07:46 AM

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,722 Posts
Mentioned: 659 Post(s)
Quoted: 3788 Post(s)
the ole Buy Here pay Here get you in the door then the financing charges then they repo after your first late pay
and sell the same truck 5 times but still go after you in court for losses

lol

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,071 Times in 1,980 Posts
Mentioned: 408 Post(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont hate their style.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Di...073147!9m1!1b1

Quote:
Quote:
Ri Junk
9 reviews・6 photos

★★★★★ a month ago
hello everyone my name is Richard I bought a truck off this dealer its been nothing but a headache they lie and they don't service there trucks 1 year later truck needed new motor called to trade it in every truck I asked for it had 20-50k in damages I don't get it they say we only sell high quality trucks so why is it every truck has a problem then they put price and then tell you different price so please be careful your better off going to a quality dealer I bought a warranty that I couldn't even use I called for a 2016 dodge ram they told me no good needs 20k worth of work is that all you sell is junk never again and I will put it on my business Facebook page with over 59k friends and members to make sure they don't deal with them sorry when you scam someone they have to tell others
Response from the owner a month ago
Richard did buy a 550 dump truck in July 2017 with 80,400 miles on it .

In August of 2018 he wrote a review and our office reached out to him in reference to his concerns . Richard stated that his truck was running poorly and needed head gaskets and that he was unhappy .

The vehicle was towed to our shop in August of 2018 so we could properly diagnose the problem . The truck had 102,600 miles on it . Upon diagnosis we found a new “EGR DELETE KIT “ installed on the engine . Customer stated he knew nothing about the “EGR DELETE KIT “

We used a factory Ford scan tool to perform power balance/relative compression test to confirm cylinder 8 was weak . When the cylinder head was removed we found a small bolt stuck in the top of the piston, which cracked the piston and scored the cylinder wall .

When we told Richard that someone had installed an “EGR DELETE KIT” and ruined the motor , he quickly changed his story , admitting he had paid another shop to do the work and supplied the receipt ! Upon further inspection of the receipt/invoice it showed “customer supplied EGR DELETE KIT “ which Richard denied knowing about ! He then began bemoaning the shop he had conveniently forgotten that he had hired to work on his truck only 100 miles previous to towing it to us !

Richard then stated he could not afford a new engine . We then suggested that his auto insurance may cover the faulty work the other shop had performed and that he should call them . We worked with his insurance company and got him a remanufactured Jasper engine which they paid $11,000.00 of installed !

Richard did inquire about a nearly new Isuzu dump truck back at the time we were replacing his motor , he said that he wanted it and then changed his mind . He also called on another truck six months ago we went over numbers on the deal . When we called him a few days later , he stated that he had bought a new truck in Rhode Island and that he had traded the truck in that he had bought from us . We wished him well and asked that he think of us in the future .

Richard called again a little over a week ago inquiring about a 2016 Ram , the shop foreman recommended a new oil pan and 6 new tires , which would be an additional $3000.00 above our asking price . He then said “he wanted to trade his 550 dump that he bought from us “, that he told us he had traded in months ago ! We again went over numbers and this review was the result . I guess Richard did not like them . We tried to call him and he shamefully put us right to voicemail - twice !

In closing

We take our customers satisfaction very seriously and try to go above and beyond to please them in every possible way . As you can see we did in this case . Even after Richard tried deceptively to cry foul about a motor he had just deleted and tried to pin a costly repair on us , we still assisted him in getting it repaired with a rebuilt motor ! If he felt so poorly of us why would he try on three different occasions to buy from us again ?

This man is a compulsive �� liar , and will not be missed as a customer !
kick rocks Richard.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #6 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
I dont hate their style.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Di...073147!9m1!1b1

kick rocks Richard.
THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION.....BUT WHO IN THE WORLD IS RICHARD?....

AND WHOEVER HE IS.....HE IS A NUT.....
Heavy_GD likes this.

2001 F-350 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR THE TYPICAL FORD RUST REPAIR.....AND SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
post #7 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don't be a Richard. But seriously though, they are high priced. I've had friends buy trucks there and they're nicely gone over exterior wise, but underneath and some mechanics are shady.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
post #8 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
Don't be a Richard.
Exactly.

yea most of those shops just flip fleet trucks, there are some gems amongst those turds.

GD

Quote:
Quote:
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #9 of 23 Old 05-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETFURIOUS View Post
THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION.....BUT WHO IN THE WORLD IS RICHARD?....

AND WHOEVER HE IS.....HE IS A NUT.....
I probably banned Richard for bringing that noise here to convince us the EGR blew his motor and ford is the debil.

#dontbeaRichard
ZMANN, jman37, DaveP. and 2 others like this.

GD

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
Don't be a Richard. But seriously though, they are high priced. I've had friends buy trucks there and they're nicely gone over exterior wise, but underneath and some mechanics are shady.
A LOT OF THE "SPECIALTY" DEALERS ARE HIGHER PRICED THAN MOST OTHER PLACES.....

OLD CAR DEALERS CHARGE A LOT MORE THAN MOST OTHER PLACES THAT YOU FIND AN OLD CAR FOR SALE.....

DEALERS WHO "SPECIALIZE" IN SPORTY CARS USUALLY PRICE THEM HIGHER THAN MOST OTHER DEALERS.....

DEALERS WHO "SPECIALIZE" IN DIESEL TRUCKS USUALLY CHARGE A LOT MORE THAN THE AVERAGE DEALER.....

HOWEVER.....THEY WOULD NOT CHARGE MORE.....IF THE CUSTOMERS WOULD NOT PAY MORE.....PRICE IS ALWAYS UP TO THE PERSON MAKING THE PURCHASE....."HOW MUCH WILL ANY BUYER PAY" WILL ALWAYS DETERMINE WHAT THE PRICE IS.....

BUT PRICE DOES NOT DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF THE VEHICLE BEING PURCHASED.....

I WON'T KNOWINGLY PAY INFLATED PRICES FOR ANYTHING.....

2001 F-350 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR THE TYPICAL FORD RUST REPAIR.....AND SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode