LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Well, yes; they DO seem a bit pricey. Low miles for sure but still a lot of $ for an older truck. However, just got a notification from old Bill @ Powerstrokehelp.com regarding the May installment of trucks for sale. 2005, KR, F-350...$35,000. He tells you he knows it's high but you're getting what you pay for. Looking around, trucks all over are expensive. Just my
Heavy_GD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,992 Posts
Mentioned: 412 Post(s)
Quoted: 3097 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks to those govt emissions controls we have a gold mine in these trucks.
GETFURIOUS likes this.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #13 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Til they dub those trucks illegal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
They won’t. If they do you could register it as an antique or something depending on state laws. There are still cars from the 50s I see rolling around every now and then, no catalytic converters. The govt doesn’t care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Here in los angeles there are 2 used commercial truck dealers where I live. I stopped by one today that has bucket trucks,pickups with tool box beds,etc and yes those used trucks are high priced. BUT most have less than 20,000 miles and are in excellent condition. The sales guy said they come from defunct businesses, the business bought the wrong type truck, bought too many trucks. The used work truck dealers are the only ones that buy them and most businesses do not want to waste company time trying to sell them direct. He said they buy and sell lots of trucks and I have been driving by both these places for about the last 12 years. The other place mainly has box van and stake bed van delivery local delivery trucks. Businesses just write off the cost on their taxes.

Last edited by doubleslottedflaps; 05-22-2019 at 06:47 PM.
post #16 of 23 Old 05-22-2019, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood's Powerstroke View Post
Well, yes; they DO seem a bit pricey. Low miles for sure but still a lot of $ for an older truck. However, just got a notification from old Bill @ Powerstrokehelp.com regarding the May installment of trucks for sale. 2005, KR, F-350...$35,000. He tells you he knows it's high but you're getting what you pay for. Looking around, trucks all over are expensive. Just my
I DON'T THINK THAT HE HAS EVER HAD A TRUCK PRICED LESS THAN ANYONE.....

SOMETIMES HE SEEMS TO BE HIGHER THAN THE TRUCK WAS BRAND NEW....."BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".....

ACCORDING TO BILL.....

Last edited by GETFURIOUS; 05-22-2019 at 07:36 PM.
post #17 of 23 Old 05-23-2019, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
@GETFURIOUS
LOL! I believe you're right!
My question is who finances these expensive trucks? I have good credit and my long-time bank flat said "No. We don't finance vehicles over 10 years old' and that was for only $12,000 back in '16. Finally found an outfit in California that would do it but they knocked my head off with the interest rate. I say that meaning under 10% but still. Are the people that buy these 15 year-old, $35,000 trucks check writers or am I just not informed enough to know where to go for financing like that? I mean, stroking a check for $35,000 may be an everyday occurrence for some but for me that is a LOT of money. Old Bill even said his trucks are way over book value. I worked at a Ford dealership and know that good or even great credit will only get you so far over book.
post #18 of 23 Old 05-23-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
I'm in the commercial lending game, 90% ag loans.
I can't lend money on a vehicle that will be 10+years old at the time of loan maturity. If I do then its an exception of our policy and the rate starts at 10%, not my rules but my corporations rules.

I can finance a brand new semi cheaper than I can any used vehicle request.
Wood's Powerstroke likes this.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #19 of 23 Old 05-23-2019, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood's Powerstroke View Post
@GETFURIOUS
LOL! I believe you're right!
My question is who finances these expensive trucks? I have good credit and my long-time bank flat said "No. We don't finance vehicles over 10 years old' and that was for only $12,000 back in '16. Finally found an outfit in California that would do it but they knocked my head off with the interest rate. I say that meaning under 10% but still. Are the people that buy these 15 year-old, $35,000 trucks check writers or am I just not informed enough to know where to go for financing like that? I mean, stroking a check for $35,000 may be an everyday occurrence for some but for me that is a LOT of money. Old Bill even said his trucks are way over book value. I worked at a Ford dealership and know that good or even great credit will only get you so far over book.
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT ABOUT THE INTEREST RATE WITH COMPANIES THAT LOAN MONEY ON OLDER VEHICLES.....

I BELIEVE THAT THOSE WITH GOOD CREDIT GET "PERSONAL LOANS" OR USE EQUITY LINES OF CREDIT TO PURCHASE THESE OLDER OVER-BOOK VALUE VEHICLES.....

AND THERE ARE A SELECT FEW WHO CAN AND DO JUST STROKE A CHECK.....I WILL NEVER BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.....

I LIKE MOST OF BILL'S VIDEOS.....THEY ARE VERY "ENTERTAINING".....HE'S READY FOR HOLLYWOOD!....
post #20 of 23 Old 05-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was on their site a few days ago looking and they are a bit pricey. They have a 2001 F350 that they are asking $28k for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode