BAFX OBD2 Reader - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-23-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BAFX OBD2 Reader

So I bought an obd2 reader and downloaded an app on my android device to keep an eye on things in real time and after reading some post I am not sure I want to use the thing. Reading about stalling engines in the middle of driving among other things.

Does anyone use one of these and a computer app to look at your trucks vital readings in real time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-23-2019, 06:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjblackout View Post
So I bought an obd2 reader and downloaded an app on my android device to keep an eye on things in real time and after reading some post I am not sure I want to use the thing. Reading about stalling engines in the middle of driving among other things.

Does anyone use one of these and a computer app to look at your trucks vital readings in real time?
Most times I had stalling when using the obdII to Bluetooth reader was when I was changing the gauges or setting up. If I got gauges set up beforehand I never had issues. I still have the torq pro app and the obdII reader but the edge insight with the egt probe was a better fit for me. Haven't used the torq pro app in probably a year. but if im ever helping a buddy I have that and forscan with a laptop etc.

An edge insight or scanguage is usually way easier to use and you leave them in the truck. I didn't like having to have a phone or tablet in my truck to charge, turn off, and all that etc.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #3 of 5 Old 04-27-2019, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I had an ELM327 WiFi adapter using DashCmd for iOS on my 99 F250 and had it stall on me making a left turn on a busy road. Luckily I coasted across before it stopped. It wouldnÂ’t start until I unplugged it from the obd port. Then it started fine. I never used it again after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-28-2019, 01:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
I use a OBDlink LX with Torque Pro and Car Gauge Pro. Never had stalling issues. If I press clear faults on torque pro it will stall, throw WTS light and come back to life second latter. I only use Torque Pro for monitoring vitals and data logging as I use the logs to do my own tuning. The torque pro will not read DTCs on the 7.3s I have tried. I use Car Gauge Pro to read and clear DTCs and run Buzz and CCT tests. For under 100$ I have diagnosed many powerstrokes and other vehicles.

97 4x4 Eaton supercharged 7.3, S369sxe R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, my tuning, honey badger SR hpop, efuel, Valair Ceramic single, BMW M3 bucket seats, SKY 5" RSK/Skyjacker TTB , SKY RFK & shackles, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC 4-53T Detroit, 1945 Chevy rat rod dually 4-51 Detroit, project mean green 8V53 Detroit, 1951 Mack A51T
post #5 of 5 Old 05-01-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
I use a OBDlink LX with Torque Pro and Car Gauge Pro. Never had stalling issues. If I press clear faults on torque pro it will stall, throw WTS light and come back to life second latter. I only use Torque Pro for monitoring vitals and data logging as I use the logs to do my own tuning. The torque pro will not read DTCs on the 7.3s I have tried. I use Car Gauge Pro to read and clear DTCs and run Buzz and CCT tests. For under 100$ I have diagnosed many powerstrokes and other vehicles.
I ended up ordering an Edge CS2 monitor.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode