ADVICE IN WHAT YEAR AND MODEL TO BUY IN 7.3 - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 Old 03-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HARD TO GO WRONG WITH THE ADVICE THAT YOU GET ON HERE.....

ENJOY YOUR TRUCK.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 F-350 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR THE TYPICAL FORD RUST REPAIR.....AND SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 03-24-2019, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congrats and good luck with your truck
post #23 of 34 Old 03-24-2019, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford01 View Post
Hi... everyone thanks for all the advice. I was all over the map. Because I’ll don’t know to much .
Yes you didn't know much, we get that, that's normal

Quote:
Thank you for all the Great advice. I really appreciate the help. I do want to add more power down the road. So I would like to have that option open to me. So the 2001 F250 would be a better buy then the F350?
Ok then you ask is a F350 better than an F250? Other than the emblems , shocks and spring spacers no but your keep asking,,,,

Quote:
Hi everyone,
what’s your opinion in what year was better overall in the early 2000. Was it 2000 model or 2001 7.3L Interested to hear your opinions. Thank you.
What year is better and do you listen??? Wait for it , wait for it?

Quote:
Thank you Guys. Everything you guys have told me has helped very much. I am going to make an offer on the 2001 F-250 I will keep you guys posted.
Oh boy he's listening and listening and,,, well,,,,

Then he comes up with this gem,,,,

Quote:
Had a question I wanted to ask? How was the 2008 and 2009 F250 were they good performing trucks. Thanks.
So help me out and you thanked us over and over after we gave you all that advice and you ALMOST didn't listen to us why were you asking if you almost weren't going to listen anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 Old 03-24-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi Rollan,
I feel like I offend you. And your upset. I really appreciate your help. And you guys take time of your schedule to read and answer people questions and give them excellent advice. I was all over the place because I was was not sure what I need and what was a good year to buy. This is my first Ford Super Duty. And wanted to make sure I purchased the correct one. I am very grateful full to all of you that provide me with excellent advice. If I offed you becuase I asked a To many questions I apologize. I was just trying to get info and see your options. I was not trying to waste your time. I will try to be more specific when I ask questions. I am sorry if I offend you and anybody that gave me advice here.
post #25 of 34 Old 03-26-2019, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Loving this thread! indeed
post #26 of 34 Old 03-29-2019, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Wanted to show you guys the truck I just got.
That is a seriously nice truck. Can I ask how many miles and what you paid? Maybe the area of the country you live in? That truck would literally be worth gold up here in the northeast being that clean.

Just an FYI, it has an upgraded nose from a 2005-2007 truck, 2008 mirrors, upgraded speakers, and aftermarket leather that looks awesome.

I'm not sure why people are upset about you asking questions. I felt strongly that you should get a 2000 and but if you decided to go buy a Geo Metro, I'd still sleep fine at night. Looks like you got an awesome truck, hope it runs for many years to come. Note, I am very jealous. I've spent over $20k and 2 years to make my truck approach that level of "nice".

2000 ECLB 4x4 7.3L PSD - Converted from a beat up XL farm truck and frame off restored thanks to New England road salt
Cosmetic: 05 Harley front end, 11 tailgate, black sport full power interior, 05 dash with aux switches and brake controller
Performance: AFE intake, SPX billet compressor wheel, Turbomaster wastegate, blank pedestal & exhaust housing, MBRP 5" exhaust, PHP Hydra, gauges and CTS2
Audio: Sony XAV-AX5000, JBL Club speakers, fully sound deadened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #27 of 34 Old 03-29-2019, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I agree that it looks good. Wonder if those are Eddie Bauer Ex seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #28 of 34 Old 03-29-2019, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Rollan,
I feel like I offend you. And your upset. I really appreciate your help. .
That's great, glad to help I'm usually never offended. Except that is when someone asks for advice, and then ignores the "asked for" advice and does a complete "180" . Just like you almost did when you asked all these questions on a 7.3 and then out of the clear freakin blue almost buys a 6.4????

When you looked at that 6.4, what did you think of the advice we were giving you on the 7.3? Bad advice? If you appreciated the advice why for a second there did you act like our advice wasn't worth the dirt on the bottom of my shoe?
post #29 of 34 Old 03-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Congratulations on your purchase, Nice truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsfr1206 View Post
I agree that it looks good. Wonder if those are Eddie Bauer Ex seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too am curious about those seats.

2002 F-350 CCLB DRW 4X4 7.3 lariat LE
post #30 of 34 Old 04-13-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi Guys,
How is everyone?
I wanted to ask you guys a question regarding airbags . I have rear air bags on my truck and you inflate them manually. I was looking at adding a compressor to fill them so I don’t have to do it manually. I was looking at Accuair and some other brands. Is there a system you guys recommend.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode