Why the hell would anyone get a new truck? - Page 17 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 341Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 248 Old 01-27-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesh View Post
You kept saying unreliable
1. A lot of what I said in my reply was in jest.
2. Your argument loses credibility when you make up stuff or put words in another fella's mouth. I'm pretty sure that I've never said a 6.7 is unreliable, even once. Please quote me directly. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesh View Post
Don't be triggered if someone choses to drive a different powerstroke.

Power to you if you want to ride yours till the wheels fall off, just don't berate guys who don't drive the same thing as you
ROFL. When was I 'triggered?' Who did I berate? When did I call 6.7s "unreliable," and how did you come to the conclusion that I kept saying that? I guess you've resorted to imagining I'm someone I'm not and attacking my character for it. Ok... Whatever. Drive on!

Last edited by ChrisArnold; 01-27-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 248 Old 01-27-2019, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Sorry bro , I think I quick read some other posts and confused them with yours. That horizon guy I think. He was running his mouth but I think the mods cleaned it up. Maybe i missread that too, who knows. I been workin so flippin much lately that every things been a blur. Im fixin to go to Hawaii to fish, relax and clear my head.
ChrisArnold likes this.
post #163 of 248 Old 01-27-2019, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Alright, then. **** happens! Look, I like the 6.7. I'm just proud of my 7.3. I do think it's the best, and I like thinking that! The night I made this thread, I was in a slightly intoxicated and jovial, to use the mod's description, mood, and sometimes it's fun to talk a little smack. If we didn't all think our vehicles were awesome, there wouldn't be much point to an enthusiast forum, but I didn't mean to take it far enough to work anybody up. It looks like it was just the right amount for most people to wade in and have fun with the conversation, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 248 Old 01-28-2019, 06:47 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
I think everyone's forgetting the 6.9 "powerhouse". That little paper weight is the real OG.

love technology advancements
ZMANN, SparkyF250 and ChrisArnold like this.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #165 of 248 Old 01-28-2019, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
I no I’ve own 1 7.3, 6.5 turbo, 4 cummins, 6.0. The 6.0 the only one still setting in the drive way. We have 6.9 in are hydro seeded, it’s still going.
post #166 of 248 Old 01-28-2019, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
The reason I decided to sell the 7.3 and get a new one was the 7.3 was going to need some work and yes it would of been cheaper to replace everything vs a new truck. I was also thinking of doing an interior swap to a new one and putting the coil springs from a newer truck on it. It was going to need new injectors if I wanted to keep towing with it. (They were too hot for towing) It would of needed ball joints soon along with the random other stuff. I could of fixed everything and swapped out the axle and maybe the interior for 8K I'm guessing and it would of been a good truck. But when it comes down to it it is still a 17 year old truck that you will never get the money out of that you spend upgrading it unless you wait for that one person that will pay for the upgrades. I could of done all the stuff myself but I have 2 small kids at home and spending my free time out in the garage wrenching on the truck has kind of gone out the window for now. Also my truck is my daily driver so if something breaks I'm out a vehicle until I get it fixed. The new truck I don't have to do anything to. It is more capable compared to the old trucks weight wise. I was over the legal limit of the 02. Im not with the 17. I don't have to modify it to be able to tow the camper up a grade at 70 mph. I don't have to work on it. If something does break I just have to take it in and they give me a rental car. I can hang out with the kids instead of spending the weekend in the garage. Did I need all the bells and whistles? No but it is nice to have the 360 camera and make sure one of the kids aren't on the side of the truck, in-front or behind it. The adaptive cruise when you get behind that slow person on the highway. I guess I would just rather do other stuff at this point vs compared to keeping an old truck running right now. At least if its my primary vehicle.
five0merc and ChrisArnold like this.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #167 of 248 Old 01-28-2019, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusjermal View Post
The reason I decided to sell the 7.3 and get a new one was the 7.3 was going to need some work and yes it would of been cheaper to replace everything vs a new truck. I was also thinking of doing an interior swap to a new one and putting the coil springs from a newer truck on it. It was going to need new injectors if I wanted to keep towing with it. (They were too hot for towing) It would of needed ball joints soon along with the random other stuff. I could of fixed everything and swapped out the axle and maybe the interior for 8K I'm guessing and it would of been a good truck. But when it comes down to it it is still a 17 year old truck that you will never get the money out of that you spend upgrading it unless you wait for that one person that will pay for the upgrades. I could of done all the stuff myself but I have 2 small kids at home and spending my free time out in the garage wrenching on the truck has kind of gone out the window for now. Also my truck is my daily driver so if something breaks I'm out a vehicle until I get it fixed. The new truck I don't have to do anything to. It is more capable compared to the old trucks weight wise. I was over the legal limit of the 02. Im not with the 17. I don't have to modify it to be able to tow the camper up a grade at 70 mph. I don't have to work on it. If something does break I just have to take it in and they give me a rental car. I can hang out with the kids instead of spending the weekend in the garage. Did I need all the bells and whistles? No but it is nice to have the 360 camera and make sure one of the kids aren't on the side of the truck, in-front or behind it. The adaptive cruise when you get behind that slow person on the highway. I guess I would just rather do other stuff at this point vs compared to keeping an old truck running right now. At least if its my primary vehicle.
Heaps of good points there.

At the end of the day, you’ll never get back everything you spend on your truck. However I think in gereral it’ll make it easier to sell and you may get half back.

I understand it’s not always possible to have your truck off the road, but I think it’s very satisfying to work on it and stand back and know you’ve done a great job and now it’ll look after you. Also, when I work on it my kids help most of the time and it’s something practical they can learn.

Not everyone is the same, but a point to make is that not many like driving a stock truck. Even if I bought a new one, I could easily spend 10-20k on it straight away. True though, I wouldn’t have to spend quite as much (trans, injectors and turbo). So when it comes to affordability upfront, an older well looked after modified truck will win everyday.
post #168 of 248 Old 01-29-2019, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselspower View Post
Heaps of good points there.

At the end of the day, you’ll never get back everything you spend on your truck. However I think in gereral it’ll make it easier to sell and you may get half back.

I understand it’s not always possible to have your truck off the road, but I think it’s very satisfying to work on it and stand back and know you’ve done a great job and now it’ll look after you. Also, when I work on it my kids help most of the time and it’s something practical they can learn.

Not everyone is the same, but a point to make is that not many like driving a stock truck. Even if I bought a new one, I could easily spend 10-20k on it straight away. True though, I wouldn’t have to spend quite as much (trans, injectors and turbo). So when it comes to affordability upfront, an older well looked after modified truck will win everyday.
I completely agree with you on the satisfaction of working on the truck. I loved doing the upgrades on the 02 and seeing the fruits of my labor. Once the boys get older I’ll get another one and drag them out there with me and make a project out of it. They are only 4 years and 6 months now though so one just runs off with my tools and the other just sleeps and poops.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

post #169 of 248 Old 01-29-2019, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
I own 2 6.0s. I'm skipping right past 7.3PS and looking at a '91 IDI tomorrow (if it doesn't snow). I've read thru all this thread and there are plenty of valid reasons to have all of them. I'd hate to have to choose, so I'm not. An IDI, then a 7.3 powerstroke, then when they come down enough for my piney tastes I'll get a 6.7. Think I'll leave the 6.4 out, but all the rest I want.

I'm just captivated by this IDI non turbo engine, I haven't seen anything that simple since my 50 willys. Since I'm not buying it for comfort or it's towing (even tho it's a motor designed for a schoolbus and was the shiznit back then and will pull stumps) I think I'm gonna love it. There is no better or worse, it's just what you want it for and what you like.
SparkyF250 and CrazyS0b like this.

2006 F-350 Lariat 6.0L CCLB FX4 DRW
Mostly Stock | ARP studs | KC Stage1 Turbo | ODawgs Stage2 Ported Intake | Sinister regulated return, coolant & oil bypass filter | Bulletproof water pump, EGR cooler, 7.3 style mechanical fan clutch | 4" exhaust | '04 "no-scoop" upper Y pipe, EGR branch welded shut | Mishimoto -60 radiator, trans cooler | Banks intercooler, CAC tubes, elbow | AirDog-II 4g 165 lift pump/filter | Bean fuel tank sump | Timken hubs | Powerstop Z36 brakes | Bilstein shocks | Sulastic Shackle springs
post #170 of 248 Old 01-29-2019, 11:11 PM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
I own 2 6.0s. I'm skipping right past 7.3PS and looking at a '91 IDI tomorrow (if it doesn't snow). I've read thru all this thread and there are plenty of valid reasons to have all of them. I'd hate to have to choose, so I'm not. An IDI, then a 7.3 powerstroke, then when they come down enough for my piney tastes I'll get a 6.7. Think I'll leave the 6.4 out, but all the rest I want.

I'm just captivated by this IDI non turbo engine, I haven't seen anything that simple since my 50 willys. Since I'm not buying it for comfort or it's towing (even tho it's a motor designed for a schoolbus and was the shiznit back then and will pull stumps) I think I'm gonna love it. There is no better or worse, it's just what you want it for and what you like.
Bingo... We buy the trucks we like. Because they are awesome. I loved my 6.4, just ended up moving away from the idea of building the motor for the power. I bought my 6.7 because I like the motor along with the truck wrapped around it. Simple as that.
ZMANN, outbacker and Jake6.0 like this.

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode