Why the hell would anyone get a new truck? - Page 14 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 341Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
I'm not sure I understand, so it's a 7.3 and a 6.7?..................

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6.7 only thing original is the body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 02:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudah View Post
Iíll make u a deal since u like spending $..... u can buy me the truck , j mo picks up dinner and everyones happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ain't payin for anyones dinner . I'm keeping my shekels in the bank

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #133 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
In the mean time, I'm just going to sit back, save my pennies, drive a 17yo truck that hasnt had a payment in 13 year to my modest house that's recently paid for and retire early. I have nobody I'm trying to impress.

Ya'll have fun blowing money... it helps the economy which helps fill my accounts. Older and wiser

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Ford F-250 SD CCSB 7.3 PSD - AIS Intake, Zoodad,
MBRP 4" XP Series Exhaust w/ Muffler, HD4R100, 26 row Trans Cooler, Fumoto Valve,
285/75R16E BFG AT KO, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT Nav, BOYO VLT-422C Back Up Camera,
Scangauge II, Glowshift 3 Gauge Pod (EGT,TFT,Boost), PHP FU Chip, Huskyliners, Huskyliner Mud Flaps, Warn Premium Hubs, Riffraff Boots/Clamps/inserts
Dyno'd at Mo's Speed Shop 11/3/12 - 307rwhp / 651rw ft-lbs <<<--- On PHP 120Race tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceB View Post
In the mean time, I'm just going to sit back, save my pennies, drive a 17yo truck that hasnt had a payment in 13 year to my modest house that's recently paid for and retire early. I have nobody I'm trying to impress.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Sums it up for me.
e99stroker+ and Jake6.0 like this.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB |

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 -
-
- 'Gator Navy
post #135 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 04:38 PM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Just got done cleaning the mess up. If I have to baby this anymore, I am shutting the fun down completely. Play nice children, this isn't a pissing contest. Keep this on topic and civil.

For the love of god you have both been here long enough to know better.
SparkyF250 and Bri_Man57 like this.

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

Last edited by CrazyS0b; 01-20-2019 at 04:43 PM.
post #136 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
You 7.3 guys are way too sensitive.

Pretty much sums this thread up.

Obviously not all, but easy to spot the sensitive ones.

I was one of them guys, "7.3 is the only good motor ever made and you're crazy if you say otherwise"

It's called having a narrow mind.

Seems like alot of it is spite that stems from not being able to afford buying a new truck.

On the contrary You notice the older more mature 7.3 guys , they're happy with their truck yet acknowledge the new trucks are very nice and reliable and wouldn't hesitate to replace theirs if they had to. They could easily afford the new rig but choose not to. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Just a clear difference in the way each respond.

Bottom line: if a guy can afford to drive a new truck and wants to, let him do it without trying to virtue signal as if you're wiser for driving a 7.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisArnold View Post

Question for you: If you had to take a brand new truck at current market value with all bells and whistles OR instead you could get a "brand new" 7.3 just as though it rolled off the factory line at their price adjusted for inflation, which would you go for? Are new trucks really better as trucks?

Stock vs stock , tuned vs tuned , or modded vs modded the 6.7 hands down no comparison. Hook your load up to a 6.7 especially a 17+ and tell me I'm crazy.

And yes I've had a 7.3 that I took from stock to 650hp, still have 6.0 that went from stock to about 1k hp and a 6.7 that I took from stock to 700 hp.

The 6.7 is so solid, stout and smooth that it feels like it's not making as much power as it is. Go underneath a new truck and look at how beefy everything is compared to even the early 6.7s. There's no doubt your getting an incredibly strong machine. If any thing , it's way more of a truck in that regard. (Not to mention twice The power) The frame alone is 24 times stronger then the pre 17 trucks, that's pretty serious. Makes 6.0/7.3 look like a 1/2 ton underneath.

7.3 is a great motor an is by no means a junker , but I've learned in life to release the lesser things to embrace and receive the better things.
kaya, nighthawk285, jman37 and 1 others like this.
post #137 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceB View Post

Ya'll have fun blowing money... it helps the economy which helps fill my accounts. Older and wiser
Well my 16 truck is paided in full, never had a payment ever, even on my old 06 no payment so my money is still in the bank. Just saying

2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7L CCSB SRW PSD FX4
2019 Ford Edge ST 2.7 L w/ twin turbo's (Wife's new ride)
2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7 twin turbo's (Wife)(SOLD)
2016 Keystone Outback 316RL 36'
2006 Ford F-250 XLT 6.0L CCSB PSD (Sold)

U.S. Army Veteran
Desert Storm, Somalia, Haiti.
post #138 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesh View Post

The 6.7 is so solid, stout and smooth that it feels like it's not making as much power as it is. Go underneath a new truck and look at how beefy everything is compared to even the early 6.7s. There's no doubt your getting an incredibly strong machine. If any thing , it's way more of a truck in that regard. (Not to mention twice The power) The frame alone is 24 times stronger then the pre 17 trucks, that's pretty serious. Makes 6.0/7.3 look like a 1/2 ton underneath.

7.3 is a great motor an is by no means a junker , but I've learned in life to release the lesser things to embrace and receive the better things.
SO.....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE ALUMINUM BODY VS. THE STEEL BODY.....ANY ISSUES WITH THE NEW SHEET METAL OR BED?....

2001 F-350 4X4 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
post #139 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETFURIOUS View Post
SO.....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE ALUMINUM BODY VS. THE STEEL BODY.....ANY ISSUES WITH THE NEW SHEET METAL OR BED?....
You can look up tests done by independent companies. Even Joe blows.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

post #140 of 248 Old 01-20-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
No sooner I write this than I got an offer to get my very first vehicle back. It was my grandparents 1950 Willys Overland 2wd pickup that I drove thru HS and took apart never to be resurrected many years ago I sold it to my buddys dad, now I can have it back if I bring a flatbed. And a chainsaw Apparently it's right where I left it, only it wasn't a forest growing around it then.

I remember the mind blowing luxury of that thing compared to my skateboard, it's all relative. Gonna be a money pit tho to ever approach "meticulous maintained", but gonna be fun
Pics or it didn't happen!
Jake6.0 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode