post #21 of 24 Old 12-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockingDiesel View Post
A few more pictures. I ended up polishing and waxing it myself.
Black is the hardest color to keep clean, but damn it looks nice when it's all shined up!

2006 F-350 Lariat 6.0L CCLB FX4 DRW
Mostly Stock | ARP studs | KC Stage1 Turbo | ODawgs Stage2 Ported Intake | Sinister regulated return, coolant & oil bypass filter | Bulletproof water pump, EGR cooler, 7.3 style mechanical fan clutch | 4" exhaust | '04 "no-scoop" upper Y pipe, EGR branch welded shut | Mishimoto -60 radiator, trans cooler | Banks intercooler, CAC tubes, elbow | AirDog-II 4g 165 lift pump/filter | Bean fuel tank sump | Timken hubs | Powerstop Z36 brakes | Bilstein shocks | Sulastic Shackle springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Fire From the Clouds!

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockingDiesel View Post

Now thats Clean!

One day, I will go outside, climb into my truck, start it up drive down the road and it'll break down............. On that day I shall do a frame off restoration! although it may be a while.

But seriously, I really can't wait to do that. Fortunately here in New Mexico we don't get a lot of rain/snow so the underside of my truck is cleaner than the rest of it. at the rate of wear im putting on it it'll be 10 before I'll need to go that far.

Do you have a thread on your restoration?[/QUOTE]
Well, the best tip I can provide is spend a good year or so researching everything you want, going over it 100 times. Then when you do order everything have an extra $10K on reserve for when it goes beyond what you planned.

I don't have a thread.

I did everything at once. Frame off, sanded, primed and painted with sea grade material. My original bed was shot, as we were taking it off one of the guys put his leg through the bedside and the bulk head was completely separated from the floor. Finding a good 99-10 bed that was worth fixing was extremely challenging. Luckily I managed to find one off a firetruck of all things and it was already Line-Xed. So I just needed to Line-X the underside and color match it. The cab was in pretty good condition, and didn't need much work and I Line-X the underside of it as well.

I beefed up my suspension mostly with PMF parts, 325/60r20 trail graps, Sota Novakanes 20x10, SSBC front and rear calibers, EBC drilled/slotted rotors, stainless steel brake lines, fuel lines, axle components, etc.

Redid my entire interior with new leathers, android headunit, etc. Harley headlights, Trex grille, hidden bluetooth light bar, fire engine horn.

For the motor I did s&b intake, 4" turbo back T304 straight pipe from MBRP, KC Turbo 360 rebuild, billet wheel, EBPV delete, highflow outlet, Hydra, Mishimoto trans cooler, ceramic coated up-pipes, painted all the piping, new tanks, etc.

I'm probably forgetting a whole lot more. The only part I probably didn't change was my climate control switches.

2002 Ford F350-Lariat-CrewCab-LongBed-7.3L PowerStroke Intercooled Turbo Diesel!
2.5 PMF lift on 325/60r20 Nitto M/T's
Enough Stuff To Pull Yours!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 24 Old 12-14-2018, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Left Coast Geek Send a message via MSN to Left Coast Geek Send a message via Yahoo to Left Coast Geek
mine will probably never look this good again, the guy I got it from had it detailed to the max.

pretty amazing for a 230K miler that AFAIK is all original paint. There *was* a rust patch on the roof, about 2-3" in diameter, so I took my 5" angle grinder to it with a rust flapper wheel, stripped down to shiny metal, masked the area, and rattle canned it with quality primer, and oxford white touchup paint, gave it a few days to cure, then hit that area with my little orbital and some rubbing compound, can't even tell the spot was there now.

SuperCrutyPS and BryceB like this.

2002 F250 Super Cab XLT longbed, white. stock except stereo and shell.

....old enough to know better....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old 12-16-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Lots of nice trucks, Keep the pics coming!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-350 CCLB DRW 4X4 7.3 lariat LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode