45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, I read it cause i thought "I know where to get a transmission now!" But alas, foiled again- i need an automatic.
That being said... you should try your hand at writing- it was a very entertaining story and gave me the first smile of a long day. Thanks!

Glenn

2000 Ford F250 Super Duty 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty 7.3 Crew Cab 4x2
1982 Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole
1982 Bluebird FC35 Wanderlodge
1962 Cessna 210B Centurian

So- yeah... I'm broke.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn Stoner For This Useful Post:
Austen (10-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 Old 10-15-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Well to follow up with this, the 7.3 must have 9 lives.

It turns out it was just the water pump that was bad. I asked him why he was led to believe that his head gasket was blown and he said that it was blowing white steam out of the exhaust so he came to the conclusion that coolant was getting into the combustion. He had the water pump replaced and so far the white steam symptom has gone away according to him.

He says the truck has never been running better after his newfound "140 HP" tune.

Also stated he "forgot the parking brake was on when after he drove 50 some miles home" and now there's nothing left of that now either so he must resort more than ever to the block of wood he's been using for hill parking.

Keep you guys posted when the next surprise happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08/98 CCSB l 7.3 l ZF6 l TW tuned l 38R turbo l Deleted EBPV l Bellowed up-pipes l FRX l HPX l OCR l Isspro gauges l 99.5 PCM l "Blue" 6637 w/ K&N intake duct l 4" MBRB straight pipe w/ axle dump l 6" suspension lift l 37" Toyo MTs l 17" KMC Strike rims l ARB front bumper l HNC rear bumper l bedliner'd rockers l Bushwacker flares l custom cab guard l '08 tailgate l PIAA fog lights l Recon tail lights l B&W hitch l air shocks l Pioneer stereo

Last edited by Austen; 10-15-2018 at 02:38 PM.
post #13 of 44 Old 10-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That poor truck. Its both funny and sad when I see people like this. I knew someone who operated the same way and wondered why every vehicle he had in his words was a "piece of crap" a year after he owned it. Did matter, Ford, GMC, Dodge, Toyota, heck he even owned a Saturn and a jeep and killed them in couple of years . But his wallet and I don't speak to him anymore. Hes gone onto other bad decision that cost more than parts.
Austen likes this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
The Following User Says Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
Austen (10-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 44 Old 10-15-2018, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
You should rescue that truck haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 44 Old 10-24-2018, 04:29 AM
The New Guy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Offer to buy the truck off of him before he REALLY kills it. That thing needs to be liberated.
post #16 of 44 Old 10-24-2018, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austen View Post
Well to follow up with this, the 7.3 must have 9 lives.

It turns out it was just the water pump that was bad. I asked him why he was led to believe that his head gasket was blown and he said that it was blowing white steam out of the exhaust so he came to the conclusion that coolant was getting into the combustion. He had the water pump replaced and so far the white steam symptom has gone away according to him.

He says the truck has never been running better after his newfound "140 HP" tune.

Also stated he "forgot the parking brake was on when after he drove 50 some miles home" and now there's nothing left of that now either so he must resort more than ever to the block of wood he's been using for hill parking.

Keep you guys posted when the next surprise happens.
What does your friend do for a living? Hard to believe anyone can trash a car in 6 months where it is undriveable.
post #17 of 44 Old 10-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I used to be friends with a guy who in 6 years working together he broke 4 vehicles and 2 others he just mysteriously stopped driving. He is a cool guy but I haven’t talked to him regularly since 2014.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #18 of 44 Old 10-24-2018, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD
THANKS!

post #19 of 44 Old 10-24-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
What does your friend do for a living? Hard to believe anyone can trash a car in 6 months where it is undriveable.
He changes jobs every few months but he's currently working for a paving company and often uses the truck to tow the equipment.

Usually something big breaks with his vehicles that require a lot of money to fix which causes him to have to get rid of them.

He's the type you never loan your tools out to unless you want them to be returned broken.

08/98 CCSB l 7.3 l ZF6 l TW tuned l 38R turbo l Deleted EBPV l Bellowed up-pipes l FRX l HPX l OCR l Isspro gauges l 99.5 PCM l "Blue" 6637 w/ K&N intake duct l 4" MBRB straight pipe w/ axle dump l 6" suspension lift l 37" Toyo MTs l 17" KMC Strike rims l ARB front bumper l HNC rear bumper l bedliner'd rockers l Bushwacker flares l custom cab guard l '08 tailgate l PIAA fog lights l Recon tail lights l B&W hitch l air shocks l Pioneer stereo
post #20 of 44 Old 10-24-2018, 09:44 PM
The New Guy

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Soooo are we adding to your fleet or no? That's the real question burning in everyone's minds at the moment. I would love to see what you do with that one considering your ZF6 is pretty clean to begin with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheLords7Three For This Useful Post:
Austen (10-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode