HELP! Truck is Haunted (Parasitic Drain) - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 Old 04-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
GETFURIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: HYATTSVILLE
Posts: 676
Thanks: 50
Thanked 32 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
I don’t know why hour trucks are so prone to windshield leaks.... I’ve have four 7.3 and each had leaked at the driver side. Kinda tire of the bs. None of my Toyota’s have leaked at all. Diesel power hungry problems.


“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”
I BELIEVE THAT ONCE THE "ORIGINAL" WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN REMOVED.....ANY REPLACEMENTS WILL ONLY HAVE ISSUES IF THE INSTALLER DID NOT DO THE JOB RIGHT.....OR IT WAS INSTALLED OVER RUST.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 F-350 4X4 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
GETFURIOUS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 16 Old 04-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Premium Member
 
DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,388
Thanks: 44
Thanked 183 Times in 181 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETFURIOUS View Post
I BELIEVE THAT ONCE THE "ORIGINAL" WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN REMOVED.....ANY REPLACEMENTS WILL ONLY HAVE ISSUES IF THE INSTALLER DID NOT DO THE JOB RIGHT.....OR IT WAS INSTALLED OVER RUST.....


It should not leak period. I can’t count one time I had a leak on the dozens of Toyota’s we’ve had.


“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”
DieselDC is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 04-28-2018, 09:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
GETFURIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: HYATTSVILLE
Posts: 676
Thanks: 50
Thanked 32 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
It should not leak period. I can’t count one time I had a leak on the dozens of Toyota’s we’ve had.


“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”
YOU ARE CORRECT.....THE WINDSHIELD SHOULD NOT LEAK.....BUT.....

IF THE TECH DOES NOT SEAL IT PROPERLY WHEN INSTALLING IT.....IT WILL LEAK.....

IF THE TECH INSTALLS AND SEALS OVER A RUST SPOT.....IT WILL LEAK IN MOST CASES.....

I HAVE SEEN THIS IN MANY BRANDS.....INCLUDING TOYOTA.....HONDA.....FORD.....GM.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 F-350 4X4 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
GETFURIOUS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 16 Old 04-28-2018, 09:36 PM
Premium Member
 
DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,388
Thanks: 44
Thanked 183 Times in 181 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETFURIOUS View Post
YOU ARE CORRECT.....THE WINDSHIELD SHOULD NOT LEAK.....BUT.....



IF THE TECH DOES NOT SEAL IT PROPERLY WHEN INSTALLING IT.....IT WILL LEAK.....



IF THE TECH INSTALLS AND SEALS OVER A RUST SPOT.....IT WILL LEAK IN MOST CASES.....



I HAVE SEEN THIS IN MANY BRANDS.....INCLUDING TOYOTA.....HONDA.....FORD.....GM.....


From the factory - there is no rust. With my experience, since good luck has been in my favor from Toyota’s, I’m Venture to say techs from Toyota are far more qualified when it comes to windshield


“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”
DieselDC is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 04-28-2018, 09:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
GETFURIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: HYATTSVILLE
Posts: 676
Thanks: 50
Thanked 32 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
From the factory - there is no rust. With my experience, since good luck has been in my favor from Toyota’s, I’m Venture to say techs from Toyota are far more qualified when it comes to windshield


“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THE ORIGINAL FACTORY WINDSHIELDS LEAKING.....I WAS TALKING ABOUT ONCE A WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN REPLACED.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 F-350 4X4 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....
GETFURIOUS is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 04-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Premium Member
 
DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,388
Thanks: 44
Thanked 183 Times in 181 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP! Truck is Haunted (Parasitic Drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETFURIOUS View Post
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THE ORIGINAL FACTORY WINDSHIELDS LEAKING.....I WAS TALKING ABOUT ONCE A WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN REPLACED.....


I was talking about oem... all my SD have replacement windshields.... this is the #1 cause of electrical issues in our trucks. Ford should have left the fuse box under the hood.


“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”
DieselDC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome