5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this 7.3L truck worth the money?

Hi,

Im looking into buying a 7.3L F350 and wanted to know if this truck seemed worth the money and if not what would you consider to be a good price for me to offer the seller.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5940976271.html

Im a big fan of the 7.3L motor and love the way it sounds with a straight pipe. I dont tow a lot. This truck would be my daily driver with a flatbed and a welder.

Thank you for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:07 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
$18k for a 15yr old truck with 268k on the clock? Not worth it IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
People are wanting way too much money for the 7.3. Even 2002 - saw one for 35k - that guy is out of his mind!

I would pay no more than 10k for it and that's me being generous.you will see that truck on cl for months without as much as a nibble - that I can guarantee.

There is one in my neck of the woods and it's fully rebuilt motor, front end redone, new leather interior, new rubber, new paint job and it's listed for 18k - now that to me is worth it bc I would put another 10k into a truck that I've purchased to do all what's listed. Why do it when someone has already done it already and ready to rock (reputable seller/shop).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
I wounder if this one is dallas is real

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5979186044.html
post #5 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323flint View Post
I wounder if this one is dallas is real

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5979186044.html

Hey now, it's real - paint job was only 13k!

323flint likes this.
post #6 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
$18k for a 15yr old truck with 268k on the clock? Not worth it IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
People are wanting way too much money for the 7.3. Even 2002 - saw one for 35k - that guy is out of his mind!

I would pay no more than 10k for it and that's me being generous.you will see that truck on cl for months without as much as a nibble - that I can guarantee.

There is one in my neck of the woods and it's fully rebuilt motor, front end redone, new leather interior, new rubber, new paint job and it's listed for 18k - now that to me is worth it bc I would put another 10k into a truck that I've purchased to do all what's listed. Why do it when someone has already done it already and ready to rock (reputable seller/shop).

I'm considering making an offer of $12K for the truck. Do you it would be worth it as $12K or should i just walk away?
post #7 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:47 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm not a 7.3 guy, so I don't feel that I could give you an honest answer of what I really think it is worth, but I bet @[email protected] or @h0trod might be able to.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #8 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:53 PM

Dang brother that's a hard sale. TBO, he's got some goods in that truck. Verify that the tranny has been rebuilt - thicker clutches generally mean less clutches in? I though they machine chit thinner to put in MORE clutches???

I'm not a fan of the semi rims - it's just too much for a work truck (mines a work truck) but if you're into that stuff plus the lift he's got in it, it's worth it to offer him 12k. I still would want to have the motor checked to see what kinda pressures in them cylinders are.

Let me tell you a quick tidbit before you make an offer. a guy was selling his truck for 15 and he did a lot to it - a lot of emails back and forth and he was willing to let it got for 8.5... he had it on there for 6months. I was in the market for a 7.3 for my nephew.

post #9 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 08:56 PM

O and take a friend with you - when you talk to the seller - you're in macho mode "o this chit is okay, I can live with that bla bla" while you're buddy don't give a chit about what you all are saying and is actually checking the truck out for your sake.

post #10 of 34 Old 01-30-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
Dang brother that's a hard sale. TBO, he's got some goods in that truck. Verify that the tranny has been rebuilt - thicker clutches generally mean less clutches in? I though they machine chit thinner to put in MORE clutches???

I'm not a fan of the semi rims - it's just too much for a work truck (mines a work truck) but if you're into that stuff plus the lift he's got in it, it's worth it to offer him 12k. I still would want to have the motor checked to see what kinda pressures in them cylinders are.

Let me tell you a quick tidbit before you make an offer. a guy was selling his truck for 15 and he did a lot to it - a lot of emails back and forth and he was willing to let it got for 8.5... he had it on there for 6months. I was in the market for a 7.3 for my nephew.

Yes i will be taking a few friends with me to look at the truck. However none of them a very experienced with diesel trucks. That is one of the reasons i came to the forum. I wanted to make sure i was thinking with my big head up top and not my lil head.

Im thinking I should be able to see how much blow-by the motor has by removing the oil filler cap while the truck is running. Im not really sure how i would get a compression test down on the cylinders without having the injectors removed.

I should also be able to tell from the coolant (SCH precharge or not?) and the oil (rotella T6 or similar) he is running if he has taken care of the truck.

The mileage on the motor and the 8 position chip he has on there are my major sources of concern.

Im going to ask for paperwork for everything the seller has listed as upgrades to the truck in the recent past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode