4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have always liked the white letter out but the white fades/rubbed off so fast I never wanted to deal with the hassel. I currently run 285/75r16s maybe 1.7in taller and amost an in wider on stock wheels. you don't need a level kit to run and they just gave the truck a little nicer stance.

I run the BFGoodrich All terrain ko2s and almost 20k hard mile with lots of 5th wheel towing. They did amazing in the snow and ice too. It gets -10 here and the ice can be a pita. Do some research.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 Old 11-14-2018, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
I have always liked the white letter out but the white fades/rubbed off so fast I never wanted to deal with the hassel. I currently run 285/75r16s maybe 1.7in taller and amost an in wider on stock wheels. you don't need a level kit to run and they just gave the truck a little nicer stance.

I run the BFGoodrich All terrain ko2s and almost 20k hard mile with lots of 5th wheel towing. They did amazing in the snow and ice too. It gets -10 here and the ice can be a pita. Do some research.

I AM GOING TO RUN THE SAME SIZE TIRES AS YOURS.....AND ON STOCK RIMS ALSO.....

I HAVE AN ALMOST NEW SET OF TIRES OFF OF MY OLD TRUCK THAT I AM PUTTING ON THE SUPERDUTY.....

GOOD TO KNOW THAT THEY WILL WORK ON STOCK WHEELS AND SUSPENSION.....

DID IT EFFECT YOUR SPEEDOMETER?....IF IT DID.....IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO CORRECT THE SPEEDOMETER?....
post #43 of 58 Old 11-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETFURIOUS View Post
I AM GOING TO RUN THE SAME SIZE TIRES AS YOURS.....AND ON STOCK RIMS ALSO.....

I HAVE AN ALMOST NEW SET OF TIRES OFF OF MY OLD TRUCK THAT I AM PUTTING ON THE SUPERDUTY.....

GOOD TO KNOW THAT THEY WILL WORK ON STOCK WHEELS AND SUSPENSION.....

DID IT EFFECT YOUR SPEEDOMETER?....IF IT DID.....IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO CORRECT THE SPEEDOMETER?....

there are two ways to correct the odometer/speedo.

Ford dealer reflash or... you can download forescan and get a usb to obd11 adapter and changes the ecms stock revolutions per mile calculation.

when I drive 65 im driving 65. until I hit about 45mpg im less then 1mph slower on my speedo then what my truck is driving. I multiple my odometer by 1.038 to correct the odom when filling up. I have the forescan I just need to roder the usb to obdII adapter.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 58 Old 12-06-2018, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

STILL WON'T START.....SUGGESTIONS.....

SO.....I CURRENTLY HAVE A NO START SITUATION WITH MY TRUCK.....

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR.....

1).....IT RAN OUT OF FUEL A FEW DAYS AGO WHILE IDLING.....I PUT FRESH FUEL IN IT (5 GALLONS).....CYCLED THE KEY 4 OR 5 TIMES WAITING 30 SECONDS IN-BETWEEN EACH CYCLE.....WAIT TO START LIGHT IN COMING ON WHEN THE KEY IS TURNED ON.....AND GOING OFF AT THE USUAL RATE.....LISTENED FOR THE FUEL PUMP SOUND (PUMP WAS RUNNING).....DID NOT START.....

2).....OPENED UP THE FUEL BOWL DRAIN.....AND HAD FUEL COMING OUT OF DRAIN.....CLOSED THE FUEL DRAIN AND CYCLED THE KEY 2 MORE TIMES.....NOT ENOUGH ENERGY LEFT TO START MOTOR.....ALSO CHECKED THE OIL LEVEL.....IT WAS LOW.....HAD TO ADD ABOUT 3 QUARTS OF OIL TO BRING IT UP TO THE PROPER LEVEL.....

3).....THE BATTERIES WERE LOW.....SO I CHARGED THEM SLOWLY FOR A FEW DAYS.....TRIED AGAIN.....STILL NO START.....THE TACH MOVES WHILE TRYING TO START MOTOR.....GETTING SOME SMOKE FROM THE TAILPIPE AS THE MOTOR TURNS OVER.....LOOKS TO BE WHITE OR CLEAR TO ME.....BUT STILL NO START.....

4).....CHARGED THE BATTERIES SLOWLY FOR A FEW MORE DAYS.....PLUGGED IN THE ENGINE BLOCK HEATER FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS.....FELT THE UPPER RADIATOR HOSE AND IT WAS WARM.....(SO BLOCK HEATER IS APPARENTLY WORKING).....CYCLED THE KEY 2 TIMES.....TRIED TO START THE TRUCK.....IT CAME CLOSE TO FIRING.....BUT STILL NO JOY.....TRIED SEVERAL TIMES.....BUT KILLED THE BATTERIES AGAIN.....

5).....CURRENTLY CHARGING THE BATTERIES AGAIN.....PLANNING TO PLUG IN THE ENGINE BLOCK HEATER SATURDAY MORNING FOR 4 OR 5 HOURS.....OPEN THE FUEL BOWL TOP AND VISUALLY CHECK THE FILTER AND FUEL LEVEL.....AND THEN TRY TO START AGAIN.....

IF I OPEN THE FUEL BOWL TOP WITHOUT DRAINING THE FUEL.....WILL IT DAMAGE ANYTHING ON THE TRUCK?....OR JUST MAKE A MESS?....

IF THERE ARE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT ELSE TO DO.....PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS THEM.....

ALSO.....I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT GETTING FORSCAN AND THE USB ADAPTOR FOR MY LAPTOP.....

BELOW ARE PHOTOS OF TWO USB ADAPTORS.....ONE WITH A SWITCH AND ONE WITHOUT.....IS THE SWITCHED MODEL NEEDED FOR OUR TRUCKS?....OR CAN I USE EITHER ONE?.....

THANKS.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FORD USB ADAPTOR - 1.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	711579   Click image for larger version

Name:	FORD USB ADAPTOR - 2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	711581  

Last edited by GETFURIOUS; 12-06-2018 at 08:34 PM.
post #45 of 58 Old 12-23-2018, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
How many miles are on the truck? Sounds like tired injectors. Almost starts with the block heater plugged in.... anyone else want to chime in?

Also, why do you use all caps???
post #46 of 58 Old 12-23-2018, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlais Distaw View Post
How many miles are on the truck? Sounds like tired injectors. Almost starts with the block heater plugged in.... anyone else want to chime in?
282,000.....AND THE TRUCK RAN GREAT PRIOR TO RUNNING OUT OF FUEL.....

SO.....WOULD TIRED INJECTORS SUDDENLY SHOW UP LIKE THIS?....

IT WAS SUGGESTED THAT I POST THIS ISSUE IN THE MOTOR PROBLEMS SECTION.....

SEE LINK BELOW.....

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...ns-please.html

THANKS.....
post #47 of 58 Old 12-24-2018, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I REALLY WANTED TO BRING MY TRUCK HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.....

WELL.....I WILL NOT HAVE MY 7.3 UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL.....

SO.....I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO 2019 BEING A GOOD YEAR TO START DRIVING MY TRUCK.....

.....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.....
post #48 of 58 Old 12-24-2018, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
2001 F-350 SRW BUILD THREAD.

If youíre getting white fuel smoke out of the tailpipe, your injectors are firing. If you have tach movement that means your cam sensor is working, and if you have the WTS light coming on, your PCM is likely working correctly....hmmm. What is the ambient temp where youíre at? Sounds like a glow plug issue, but it should definitely start with the block heater plugged in

Last edited by 7.3_TurboDiesel; 12-24-2018 at 06:12 PM.
post #49 of 58 Old 12-24-2018, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappy700 View Post
If youíre getting white fuel smoke out of the tailpipe, your injectors are firing. If you have tach movement that means your cam sensor is working, and if you have the WTS light coming on, your PCM is likely working correctly....hmmm. What is the ambient temp where youíre at? Sounds like a glow plug issue, but it should definitely start with the block heater plugged in
YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE.....EXCEPT THAT I CANNOT TELL IF THE SMOKE IS WHITE OR CLEAR WHEN LOOKING IN THE MIRROR FROM THE DRIVER'S SEAT.....BUT IT IS NOT DARK OR BLACK.....

THE TEMPERTURE IS ABOUT 40 ON MOST DAYS RIGHT NOW.....

I PLUGGED IN THE BLOCK HEATER FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS A COUPLE OF TIMES AND IT SEEMED TO HELP.....BUT NO JOY.....

I AM WAITING ON THE OBDII/USB CABLE SO THAT I CAN USE FORSCAN FROM MY LAPTOP IN ORDER TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING WHEN I TRY TO START THE TRUCK.....

THANKS FOR THE HELP.....
post #50 of 58 Old 12-24-2018, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
@GETFURIOUS i don't mean to be a d*ck, and I hope I am not coming off that way. But just in case you didn't know.......using all capital letters is like yelling. Not to mention that it is hard on the eyes to read for most people. It's viewed as being rude by the general internet public.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode