• 1 Post By JustinOOO9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
New suspension needed.

2000 F350 4x4 ccsrwlb. Just about to roll 600k and front leafs are sagging bad with a broken leaf on drivers side. I want the best possible ride I can get so I've been leaning towards the BDS route with fox shocks and I was wanting a kit that addresses the rear springs and bushings as the rear also has almost 600k as well. Any help and input or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Howard

2000 F350 CCLB 580,xxx miles ( KIA )
2002 F350 CCLB 177,xxx miles
Hydra chip, Edge Insight CTS2, valve body, S&B Intake, MBRP system, XD Diesels w/ MT ATZ's, KL5H Train Horns / Oasis Air equipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
With that kind of miles. You might want to look at getting an 05 set of axles and suspension components. Couple weekends of work and she is as good as new!
over200 likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 09:26 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1670 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would love an 05 up conversion but I helped a guy with an excursion and it was very, very long winded... trying to find parts and double checking weld and bolt points just a huge hassle with endless parts hunting.

Go with BDS hands down on of most complete, great rides with great warranty. They are a bit more $$ then others but there is a distinct quality difference. I would not be afraid of looking into super lift or zone off road (sister company of BDS) fur little savings on $$.
over200 likes this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks guys,

layson your truck is Badazz and I've always been a fan. Would love to go that route but I'm sure going that route would cost upwards of $4k if I knew someone with a donor truck I doubt I would even blink at that option.
Justin, thanks for the info didn't know zone was a sister to BDS. Do you know where the best deal is to be found on BDS kit?

2000 F350 CCLB 580,xxx miles ( KIA )
2002 F350 CCLB 177,xxx miles
Hydra chip, Edge Insight CTS2, valve body, S&B Intake, MBRP system, XD Diesels w/ MT ATZ's, KL5H Train Horns / Oasis Air equipped
post #5 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1670 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
honestly not sure other then their own website to be honest.

1k-1.3k for a level kit for your truck:
1999-2004 Ford F250 / F350 8" lift kit 317H | BDS Suspension

or for zone kits

Suspension Lift Kits-2000-Ford-F350 | Zone Offroad Products

I would just call them and ask if they have any specials or anything, worst case is a no lol . Have you priced out what it would be for junkyard springs? even a truck with 200k would be an upgrade compared to yours. I paid $50 for rear stock springs pair from a junkyard maybe 2 years ago. I needed oem rear springs for when I took off my 8in lift and went to a 4in on my 2004 f350

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #6 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by over200 View Post
Thanks guys,

layson your truck is Badazz and I've always been a fan. Would love to go that route but I'm sure going that route would cost upwards of $4k if I knew someone with a donor truck I doubt I would even blink at that option.
Justin, thanks for the info didn't know zone was a sister to BDS. Do you know where the best deal is to be found on BDS kit?
The last truck I helped with the guy got all the 05 front end stock components and an axle for 500 bucks. He spent some time up front removing it from the front half of the frame. Everything really just bolts right in. Couple holes need to be drilled. My buddy is real cheap so if it wasn't cheap he wasn't doing it (we did just the front axle). While another friend I helped oh probably 6-7 years ago spent 3,500 for a rolling frame...LOL. We just made sure we had everything together and all the parts off the frame before we began. The pain stuff was getting the power steering lines to the steering box and some manually bending some brake lines. As long as you have some help and another rig to drive it isn't too bad.

But in reality, you are not going to get that much of an improved ride with the coil front end. It was more for turning radius. So there would be nothing wrong with going the leaf spring route and getting a new kit for your truck. I have always liked Icon leaf springs, I don't even know if they sell them anymore...LOL but I am sure the BDS one will be fine too.

2001 - 14" OUO 525 - 38x15.5x20 Toyo & 20x12 Weld Cheyenne's. Hybrids, 38R, BTS, Spearco, Terminators..

DLR

Quote of the Day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannysouza View Post
You will get some axle wrap with a heavy trailer, I can feel it when towing my gooseneck with some heavy equipment. My Deavers will wrap enough to make the tires rub the front of the rear fender well if I give it too much throttle on aceleration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode