99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 298 Old 02-04-2017, 04:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Someone help me!! Lol. Bought my 01 heaven on wheels a couple of weeks ago and it came with the newer box style tow mirrors. Come to find out the previous owner just bolted then on the truck and never wired them up. Spent the past couple days reading through forum after forum trying to find the right wire color match up. Took me so long Bc my mirrors only have 5 wires not 7. Dig in a lil deeper into the mirror to find that the turn signal and marker light are both completely gone!! Bulb socket, wires and all. Can someone help me with where I can find the bulb sockets to fit the mirror.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tddavis45 For This Useful Post:
Kenndd01 (08-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 298 Old 02-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Aauto View Post
If you want to have the dealer run your VIN ask them what mirror options the truck came wired for. If you try to add turn signals and the truck wasn't wired for heat, they might not work for you if the wiring isn't in the factory harness for those mirror options.

If you have questions I can help you out.

Tony
A heads up to anyone adding options not originally installed on your truck, such as turn signals or power fold, 1A Auto will void your warranty. I added power folding and even asked 1A Auto customer service questions about the wiring, but was told after I installed the mirrors that my warranty is void since I wired my truck for power folding. I made no modifications to the 1A Auto mirrors. The description of the mirrors state some features may not work if not originally equipped, but no mention of the warranty being voided.
post #293 of 298 Old 05-28-2018, 04:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have a question I hooked up the heat on my mirror. I hooked it to a carling rocker switchthat is 20 amp. Do I need to install a relay or something? How many amps do the heated mirrors pull? Thank you

early 99 Red F-250 XL SD, 7.3L, 6-speed manual, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Off Road, and Reflexxion Cowl Hood, Ion Alloy 183 wheels, 05 headlights with 6000k AC HID kit, and led turn signals, Ford ASI filter w/ zoodad mod and foam sleeve, TS 6 position chip, Auto Meter Z series Boost and EGT gauges, 08 Ford Mirrors, and straight pipe diamond eye 5in exhaust. .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAROLINA GRAY BOY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #294 of 298 Old 07-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Great write up!
post #295 of 298 Old 12-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a '06 F-350 with the '08 mirrors with power fold and extend. The mirrors are installed and wired up except for the power fold and extend. I have the oem '08 fold switch in the door. I have the oem '08 power extend switch and relay. Where em I hooking up the remaining wire's from the mirrors? I'm lost. I have have had the mirrors on the truck for over a year and now I have time to finish them.
post #296 of 298 Old 04-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey can anybody help my wires seem a bit off? Brown and green are for my lights, black is ground, black white tracer is heated mirrors. I have a red and blue with silver spots, they are for the power mirror and then 2 yellow wires that are connected together at a splice. My truck is a 2000 that only had the small power only mirror. When i hook up the power function the mirror moves in a rolling motion instead of a straight up/down side to side motion. The truck wiring is yellow, red and blue
post #297 of 298 Old 10-13-2019, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quick update, I'm on a second set from A1 Auto. The first set is on my F350, the recent set is on my Excursion. Even after I ordered the 08 version instead of the 02 version, A1 Auto saved me from myself. I will say their customer service via phone was frustrating (understatement) but when I messaged A1 Auto on here..very quick results and I'll continue to purchase from them in the future.
partyman97_3 likes this.
post #298 of 298 Old 10-14-2019, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Glad to hear that! I'm happy to help and will reach out to either our product experts or customer service (depending on the situation/question) asap. - Karin

Save on headlights when you buy in pairs + fast & free shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode