LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 298 Old 08-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brydawg512 View Post
Do you mind me asking where you got your mirrors? Sorry to hijack your question, but I am looking to do the '08 upgrade to my 2000 and I really only needed the power with turn signals, not all the other fancy heat or telescoping.
I got my mirrors off of amazon. sorry for the late response works been busy the last few weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 298 Old 08-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3345 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Do you mind me asking where you got your mirrors? Sorry to hijack your question, but I am looking to do the '08 upgrade to my 2000 and I really only needed the power with turn signals, not all the other fancy heat or telescoping.
Check 1A Auto, site sponsor and decent prices. @1ATony Not sure what else they have but here's these...
2008-10 Ford Mirror Pair - 1AMRP01096 at 1A Auto.com
1AAuto.com likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
1AAuto.com (12-14-2016)
post #283 of 298 Old 11-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
so does anyone have any more on powering the heater element. I would rather not have them on all the time. I read about the ranger switch, but cant find anything on line to see if they have a timer built in.

I also found this which is pretty cool, but a bit more expensive
https://www.frostfighter.com/thermas...r-controls.htm

SOLD

ROLLED

2019 F350 Crew cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 298 Old 12-14-2016, 08:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante04SRT View Post
I hear people say that ALL THE TIME - My favorite is "The 08-10 mirrors don't look good on the old body style (referring to 99-07). I always laugh... (a) the body style is the exact same; ie. doors, cab, bed & (b) To me, the 99-07 looks more square than the newer trucks.

Just my $.02.
I KNOW THAT THIS IS OLD.....BUT I JUST HAD TO STICK MY $.02 WORTH IN IT.....

THEY / WE JUST DON'T LIKE THE SQUARE SHAPE OF THE MIRRORS.....EVERYONE SEES THESE TRUCKS DIFFERENTLY THROUGH THEIR OWN EYES.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzmail View Post
Always thinking the same thing too! Guess they don't realize or maybe it is the fender vents throwing them off!
I DON'T LIKE THE FENDER VENTS EITHER.....SOME PEOPLE LIKE THEM.....JUST NOT MY CUP OF TEA.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUALLY350 View Post
just picked up this beauty added all the chome and found 08 style mirrors on ebay that you can plug right into the factory wiring harness
NOT TO THREAD JACK.....BUT SUPERDUALLY350.....WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE SIDE RUNNING LIGHTS.....THEY ARE NICE.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
so does anyone have any more on powering the heater element. I would rather not have them on all the time. I read about the ranger switch, but cant find anything on line to see if they have a timer built in.

I also found this which is pretty cool, but a bit more expensive
ON MY HONDA.....THE HEATER FOR THE MIRRORS IS WIRED THROUGH THE IGNITION SWITCH.....AND HAS A SWITCH ON THE DOOR PANEL WIRED TO STAY ON UNTIL YOU TURN IT OFF.....I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM.....SO MINE WILL BE WIRED UP TO STAY ON UNTIL I TURN THEM OFF.....AND IF YOU FORGET.....WHEN THE TRUCK IS OFF THE MIRRORS ARE OFF.....

I HAD THE PADDLE MIRRORS ORIGINALLY.....AND WHEN I CHANGED THEM.....I WENT WITH THE 2005 / 2007 HEATED TOW MIRRORS.....

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE THE POWER FOLD FEATURE.....BUT DID NOT FIND A SET WITH THIS FEATURE WHEN I WAS SEARCHING FOR MINE.....

MANY THANKS TO 03_TURBO7.3 FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.....

2001 F-350 4X4 ECLB SRW.....CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP FOR SOME MAINTENANCE.....SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD SOON?....
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER.....

Last edited by GETFURIOUS; 12-14-2016 at 05:19 PM.
post #285 of 298 Old 12-14-2016, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
If you want to have the dealer run your VIN ask them what mirror options the truck came wired for. If you try to add turn signals and the truck wasn't wired for heat, they might not work for you if the wiring isn't in the factory harness for those mirror options.

If you have questions I can help you out.

Tony
post #286 of 298 Old 12-14-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast7.3 View Post
I got my mirrors off of amazon. sorry for the late response works been busy the last few weeks
When we sell mirrors we break them up into years that have the correct wiring and options so that it's a plug and play replacement (unless you're adding power fold with the supplied harness).

We bought these Chevy mirrors off Amazon to see what the quality looked like....

Sharp jagged piece of metal rubbing up against the harness

[/URL]

Same mirror. The pivot point on the mirror is touching the base, you can't even put a piece of paper between them or fold the mirror in.

The craftsmanship on our tow mirrors is 1000X better and if there's ever an issue we'll take care of you. That piece of metal alone could short out the truck and the trailer if you're hauling one.

Tony
JustinOOO9 likes this.
post #287 of 298 Old 12-28-2016, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
1ATony- Thanks for all the help with the mirrors. Randomly my 2002 did not need the conversion harness from round to rectangle plugs. I was able to sell my stock mirrors with the harness conversion to a guy with a '99 who needed them, so it all worked out. I'm wrapping up the mirror defrost wiring and the marker lights. I'm skipping the turn signals and wiring them to burn with the marker lights. I don't smoke so I'm stealing the power from the cigarette lighter for the mirror defrosters and adding a switch with an LED indicator. I looked for a 90's rear defroster switch from an Explorer that has come up in my searches, it has a built in timer and would be an excellent choice if FORD didn't want $200 + for it.
1AAuto.com likes this.

Last edited by SMOKEYBEAR; 12-28-2016 at 10:15 PM.
post #288 of 298 Old 12-29-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR View Post
1ATony- Thanks for all the help with the mirrors. Randomly my 2002 did not need the conversion harness from round to rectangle plugs. I was able to sell my stock mirrors with the harness conversion to a guy with a '99 who needed them, so it all worked out. I'm wrapping up the mirror defrost wiring and the marker lights. I'm skipping the turn signals and wiring them to burn with the marker lights. I don't smoke so I'm stealing the power from the cigarette lighter for the mirror defrosters and adding a switch with an LED indicator. I looked for a 90's rear defroster switch from an Explorer that has come up in my searches, it has a built in timer and would be an excellent choice if FORD didn't want $200 + for it.
Sounds great! Thank you for your order. Have a Happy New Year!
post #289 of 298 Old 12-29-2016, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
Sounds great! Thank you for your order. Have a Happy New Year!
Thanks for the help and great customer service. This is with amber bulbs and amber lenses, I ordered the extra lenses because the smoked lenses get LEO attention. I might need to switch to clear bulbs with the amber lenses to tone it down a bit. I wired the turn signals to the marker lights so the light up together. The defroster is on the cigarette lighter power with a switch and red LED indicator. I put the switch panel I made in the dash mounted cup holder that fails at it's job.

post #290 of 298 Old 12-30-2016, 05:47 AM

Great looking crew! Those tow mirrors look great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode