99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 Old 02-23-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mud flaps

For months now we've been having nothing but rain so needless to say any gravel or dirt roads are nothing but mud and pot holes including my 1200 foot driveway. I didn't realize how bad things were until I opened my door the other day and saw the mess inside.

Would mud flaps stop this sort of mess from occurring? If so what brand would be recommended to work the best?

Thanks!

Brad
2001 F250 SD 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_145650.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	715125  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old 02-23-2019, 12:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
I had to take mine off, because they wouldn't fit with the fender flares. So i have the same problem you do. Just driving around town, dirt from the road just goes right onto my rocker panels and steps.

Mud flaps will help, but you're still going to get some dirt.

Why not gravel your 1200 foot driveway? Gravel is cheap. 3/4 minus is only like 20-30 bucks a yard.
MrTommy likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #3 of 57 Old 02-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
I had to take mine off, because they wouldn't fit with the fender flares. So i have the same problem you do. Just driving around town, dirt from the road just goes right onto my rocker panels and steps.

Mud flaps will help, but you're still going to get some dirt.

Why not gravel your 1200 foot driveway? Gravel is cheap. 3/4 minus is only like 20-30 bucks a yard.
Agreed - except the cheap part. Do the math on a 1200' driveway...it adds up quick!

-jokester

2005 F350 CCLB FX4 Lariat
SCT SF3 - Currently running PHP 80hp Daily Driver Tune with Atlas 40 FICM Tune
Edge Insight CTS2 monitor
Edge EAS EGT probe
Edge EAS Fuel Pressure Sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 Old 02-23-2019, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Hmm. Ya.

10ft wide, 4 inches deep. That's 148cu ft.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #5 of 57 Old 02-23-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Actually my driveway is gravel. Costs $330 for a 22 ton truck to spread a 2" thick load down the full length. I've done that several times over the years. The problem is last year we had 68 inches of rain which was about 25 inches above normal. So far this year it hasn't stopped raining. Even when I try and grade my driveway it only lasts for about a week or two before it's a total mess again. Until it dries out to where I can grade it smooth there's no reason to even consider a load of gravel. It's going to take some real serious road work to get it back to what it was previously

That's what prompted me to see if mud flaps would keep most or all of that crap out of between the door and the rocker.

Brad
jokester00 likes this.
post #6 of 57 Old 02-26-2019, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
To answer your question directly, yes, it would help some.
post #7 of 57 Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Best you'll find for the 99-03s. they make them for many more as well though.

https://duraflap.com/

Im about to order some since i'll be barrowing a camp trailer and don't want to cause any unnecessary road damage etc. couple folks been running them for YEARS and they hold up great plus no dill reduces rust if you have salt/de icing fluid in winter times.
Wood's Powerstroke likes this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #8 of 57 Old 02-27-2019, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post

Im about to order some since i'll be barrowing a camp trailer and don't want to cause any unnecessary road damage etc. couple folks been running them for YEARS and they hold up great plus no dill reduces rust if you have salt/de icing fluid in winter times.
Yeah they salt the roads here in central Kentucky

I had been zeroing in on Husky flaps because they seemed a little longer than others that I found although I had't seen the Dura Flap link before. The Dura Flaps are definitely pricey compared to the competition. My F250 has 285 tires so finding mud flaps that are wide enough is also important.

Thanks!

Brad
post #9 of 57 Old 02-27-2019, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post

https://duraflap.com/

Seems like those folks out in Oregon make some fine products for our trucks; Riffraff, DuraFlap, etc.
post #10 of 57 Old 02-27-2019, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Left Coast Geek Send a message via MSN to Left Coast Geek Send a message via Yahoo to Left Coast Geek
I put these Weathertech flaps on my F250, they seem to keep the bright white truck a lot cleaner overall, and look OEM. they also keep my trailer a lot cleaner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084UJH8Y
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode