99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 Old 12-15-2018, 03:20 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dura track and stmax are both good options as well.
havent run the nittos but everyone i know with them likes them so that has to count for something
one thing i will say about the bfg way better in snow than mud
we have a volcanic clay mud that gets bad but i have had trouble with small hills here in mud as soon as it snows i can walk right up
so again it depends where and what you are driving on.
i am running mastercraft coopers mxt's right now i will likely get them siped more for winter but i got way too good a deal on a set of 34's to turn down and they do great in deep snow mud and even on the highway but i expect i will only get 30 or 40 out of them. but so far they are wearing great with no more than 12k or so they still look brand new so maybe i am just nervous of mud terrains

on the kids 5 ton....
tires are pricy if you cant score miltary take offs but i would LOVE to get one to build out as an espedition vehicle
so many projects...
so little time and money

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 12-15-2018, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
I am also running the Mastercraft courser MXTs on 2 of my vehicles and they have done good in the mud, snow, sand, and they are quiet on the pavement. My only complaint is I only got 35K out of my last set but I didn't rotate them like I should have.
Kryptic_361 likes this.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
post #13 of 26 Old 12-17-2018, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
I have the BFG All-Terrain A/T KO's on mine and could not be happier. I don't know everyone's situation but I have run the BFG A/T KO's myself on all kinds of different pick-up trucks including a Tacoma, two F-150's, and now a F-250. Of course, you need at least a load range "E" or 10-ply as our trucks are heavier and haul more weight than a F-150 or mid-size pick-up like the Tacoma. My truck had a brand new looking set on it when I got it in December of 2016 and that helped close the deal as it saved me about $1,000 from putting them on myself. I'm on track to get 60,000 miles out of that same set and that is pulling a 24', 7,000 lb. enclosed trailer all over the southeast without rotating them once. They are quiet and, IMO, ride very well. I had a picture of my tires with the tread gauge reading but I guess I deleted it. It's in another thread here somewhere. I've put 30,000 miles on them in the two years I've had this truck and still have 1/2 tread left. When the time comes to replace them, a new set just like them will go back on regardless of cost difference over other tires in the same class. In my time in the tire business, I sold a bunch of Nitto tires; every kind of Grappler they make for different intended purposes on all different kinds of pick-ups. I did not sell as many BFG's because of the price difference. However, I NEVER had a complaint on the BFG's for any reason. I cannot say the same for the Nittos. Certainly not slurring the Nittos as they are a top-tier tire and I had a lot of happy customers who swore by them. I guess it will boil down to your preference and experience with the tire you find most suited to your needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 Old 12-17-2018, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Have them on my 2016 and I am having trouble keeping them balanced over 75. They are a softer rubber than my Toyo AT2s and far superior wet traction. I donít think the BFGs will last as long as the Toyos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 26 Old 12-17-2018, 07:25 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
almost 19k on bfg ko2 A/Ts and like them very much.

cost me just over $1150 for a set of 285/75r16s and I have towed small skidsteers, and 36ft triple slide 5th wheels and love the handling ability when loaded and do great in snow/ice. I have "HEARD" some reports how they aren't lasting but Ive used 2/32s tread in 19k miles so at 12/32s I feel these tires have performed and wear great. Very affordable and zero ride noise. I can't say they are a mud tire because well they aren't. My buddy really loved the duratrek mt. he got 30k out of one set and the store warrantied and replaced and the next pair have been wearing way better.

A lot of guys here run cooper stt maxx's and bfgoodrich A/T ko2s with great success.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
post #16 of 26 Old 12-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I run Nitto Terragrapplers. Couldn't get the miles out of BFG . All Terrains.. Nittos cost me less and run more miles, and get decent traction in mud
post #17 of 26 Old 12-19-2018, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treatcg View Post
Have them on my 2016 and I am having trouble keeping them balanced over 75. They are a softer rubber than my Toyo AT2s and far superior wet traction. I donít think the BFGs will last as long as the Toyos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DynaBeads

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #18 of 26 Old 12-19-2018, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
If your going to be in the mud the Goodyear Duratrac is the only all terrain tire that I have seen do ok in the mud. Nittos, Firestone, Cooper, Michelin, and BFgoodrich AT tires are all terrible in the mud, I have seen trucks with AT tires stuck in only 2" or so of mud on mostly flat ground. I run MT tires on my vehicles because they are the true all terrains in my opinion.
I have the BF Goodrich TA's on my 2016 F-350 King Ranch, CC, DRW, FX4 and they are decent tires with almost 16,000 miles on them, it might snow where I live once every 20 years or so.
When it comes time to replace them I'm replacing them with General Grabber A/TX - Size: LT245/75R17, your truck calls for a LT235/85R16 120/116S E or the LT265/75R16 123/120R E, on Tire Rack they are $154.99 ea for the 235's and $163.99 ea for the 265's with free shipping.

General tires last a very long time, ride smooth and are fairly quiet on the highway, and are very competent tires for off road use and on light snow/ice.
post #19 of 26 Old 12-22-2018, 06:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm running Cooper ST/MAXX on mine. They've worn well and performed great. I haven't noticed much road noise and they run pretty smooth. I have some ridge grapplers on my explorer (I know, overkill) they ride decent and I've noticed a little noise

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #20 of 26 Old 12-22-2018, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
i ran the mastercraft mxts on my duramax. they did great in the sands of el paso. standing water on the road they did great. but slight wetness on the roads and trying to accelerate was like trying to drive on ice. i never got to use them in the snow as i was deployed the first winter i had them and then the second winter i just didnt get the chance to take leave.

but on road behavior was great, for a MT they werent that loud. and the heaviest things i would tow was the occasional full size truck for a few hours and going back and forth between different places to wheel and my miata autoX car.

when i get wheels and tires for the 6.0 ill probably get the MXTs again, just cause i was so impressed with them.

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode