99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-11-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cost of fender replacement

A windstorm blew a large branch down and it took out my passenger side front fender.
I called to file a comprehensive claim and my deductable is $1000.
Anyone have an idea how much a new fender with paint will cost? 99 f350
I cannot make it to the shop till later this week for the actual price so I am wondering if it was even worth filling the claim. No real harm, it is a comp claim that does not hurt my insurance cost as it was a no fault incident. Just a big pain in the but. Truck is still real clean so I probably will fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-11-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Also i noticed it appears the fender is galvanized? Some paint chipped off and it looks like galvanized metal. If so are factory fenders in like material still available?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-16-2018, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
I doubt Ford still has them but if they do, count on them being stupid expensive. You can find one in a junkyard and paint it to match. Aftermarket has plenty of them so no real worries there as I doubt your insurance company will spring for am OEM crash part from Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-16-2018, 09:56 AM

Garage
@Mike Gs
I checked with a friend of mine who owns a body shop (insert plug for Rick's Custom Auto, Lake City, SC )
He said a CAPA certified fender (which is OEM quality) for a '99 F-350 lists for $225 so you could buy it for around $200. That's a primed fender, ready to prep, paint, and install which is, of course, extra.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Its going to be $300 plus to paint match the fender on a nearly 20 year old truck. I would buy a replacement fender and have someone paint it. then just install yourself. You may be able to get a fender and paint for under 1000 but it will be close.

I don't think it will save much compared to the deductible though. Have you called to ask what the difference is to have just a $500 deductible? It didn't save me much at all in premiums so I went with that. It helped when a lady hit me and I was found not at fault but still had to pay the deductible until the investigation was done.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #6 of 7 Old 11-18-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood's Powerstroke View Post
I doubt Ford still has them but if they do, count on them being stupid expensive. You can find one in a junkyard and paint it to match. Aftermarket has plenty of them so no real worries there as I doubt your insurance company will spring for am OEM crash part from Ford
The oem fenders are still available from Ford. $125 - I believe because they are used until 07.
The body shop quoted $1100 to r and r fender, paint, blending into the door, new door molding and badges.
Gecko insurance quoted $1017 so I got a whopping $17 check. They quoted using a junkyard fender for $85 plus 25% so is was like $107 which is absolutely ridiculous considering the oem is $125 my cost and my body shop quoted $189 with mark up, pretty reasonable. Imagine trying to find a good junkyard fender, in the northeast, and being able to remove it without damage, then repair and paint. To save $19 off new. I think the appraiser was sniffing glue. The shop has done a few of my vehicles and they do excellent paint work. I am going to get it fixed as I am going through the truck. Mechanical work is nearly done and I have the cab corners still to do.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-19-2018, 04:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gs View Post
The oem fenders are still available from Ford. $125 - I believe because they are used until 07.
Would have never guessed that one and for $125 as well. Floor mats for mine cost more that that. Good find and good to know. Hope I never need one but...
Good luck on your repairs, sir

Last edited by Wood's Powerstroke; 11-19-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode