LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-05-2018, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2001 Excursion Mirror Upgrade advice needed

Hello gentleman....

An unfortunate event happened a couple weeks ago where a garbage truck driving by damaged the drivers paddle style mirror on my Excursion. Rather than replace the factory mirror, I'd like to upgrade to a newer version towing style with power folding option. I found one by Trail Rider that has all the features I want (power adjust, heated, turn signal, marker light, and power folding). I would need power folding as where I park, I have to squeeze between a couple posts. The mirror I'm looking at is;

Trail Ridge PART #: TRMRP00020

They say this will fit a 2002 F250 Super Duty. I know it will bolt up easily however, my question is if anyone knows if this mirror will plug in or will there be a wiring nightmare to match it up. If all that is necessary is cutting the pigtail from my paddle mirrors and splicing it on the new mirror, add a power wire for the marker lights, the rest should be textbook as they provide the wiring and switch for the power folding.

I have a local car audio installer who is outstanding who could do the install. I just want to be sure it's all gonna work with minimal modifications.

Thanks....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.30.07 PM.png
Views:	65
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	690538  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Can't say I've heard of that brand, but for that kind of money you probably could get genuine Ford somewhere. At that price they should come with a wiring harness that will work with or adapt to your factory power mirror harness period on that early of an Excursion there is not a power lead for a light on the mirror or power-folding, but that would be really easy to remedy and any mechanic worth your consideration should be able to put those in easily. The 2008 and later style mirror like that will give you a little more visibility than the 1999 to 2007 Style

2002 F-250 LARIAT CCSB 7.3 AUTO 4X4 28X,XXX
2018 EXPEDITION XLT 3.5 TURBO 4X2
2004 EXPLORER XLT 4.0 AUTO 2WD 15X,XXX
1966 MUSTANG COUPE 289 4 brl V8

IN-LAWS...
2018 F-150 XLT SPORT CREW 5.0 4X2
2004 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0 4X2 100,XXX
2004 F-250 RCLB 6.0 AUTO 4X2 38X,XXX
2005 F-250 RCLB 6.0 AUTO 4x2 36X,XXX

SOLD... 3 RANGERS, 3 F-150s, 3 F-250s, 96 COUGAR 4.6, 99 EXPEDITION 5.4, 65 66 AND 69 MUSTANGS

RE-ASSIGNED... MULTIPLE FORD POLICE INTERCEPTORS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-06-2018, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi @Rainmaker ,
As an option you can consider towing mirrors for the Excursion that we carry:
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 L towing mirrors at CARiD
However, if you are adding new features (power adjust, heated, turn signal, marker light, and power folding), you will need to buy an additional harness to make those functions work when you install the mirrors.
We've got a good towing mirror option by Replace. These mirrors replace Ford OE#5c3z17682ea, and that's exactly what's in the picture you've attached. Yet, these mirrors are less expensive and will be around $300 per pair. Here is the link if you are interested: Replace Power Towing Mirrors (Heated, Foldaway) for 2001 Ford Excursion. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ford Experts

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-06-2018, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I need all the features mentioned, (power adjust, heated, turn signal, marker light, and power folding).
Thank you
post #5 of 5 Old 04-06-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU7POINT3 View Post
Can't say I've heard of that brand, but for that kind of money you probably could get genuine Ford somewhere. At that price they should come with a wiring harness that will work with or adapt to your factory power mirror harness period on that early of an Excursion there is not a power lead for a light on the mirror or power-folding, but that would be really easy to remedy and any mechanic worth your consideration should be able to put those in easily. The 2008 and later style mirror like that will give you a little more visibility than the 1999 to 2007 Style
I believe the style I indicated was the 2008 and later. It does come with a wire harness and switch for the power folding. Wiring the marker light is easy. It is essential I have the power folding as I mentioned in my first post, I park in a very tight spot where these would not clear without folding.

So far with all the searching, these are the only ones I have found that can be adapted. Yes they are pricey and a less expensive alternative should be available. Hence my inquiry here. Thanks gentleman. Please, suggestions....

1aauto.com/ford-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-trmrp00020/i/trmrp00020?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=CTA+Comme nt&utm_campaign=ytcomment&utm_term=NjV5KL0HhjQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode