• 1 Post By Dennis Darley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission Bypass Delete

2000 F-550 and was wondering if anyone has done a Transmission Bypass Delete to make all the Tranny Fluid go through the Transmission Cooler. I have put an oversize 24x36 Cooler on and still get 230 Degrees pulling in the Mountains . I Suspect the Bypass Valve is staying open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I did it. Worked fine without it. You just have to get spacers to put in it.
Dennis Darley likes this.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-03-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Summit makes a Kit Item #BDD 1600036 Bypass Delete with Spacers and Washers. I Bought one and it is in Shipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,728 Posts
Mentioned: 662 Post(s)
Quoted: 3799 Post(s)
let us know how it works out for you temp wise

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-30-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry for the Delay in getting back . But I Changed out my 7.3L in my F-550 not sure what the Mileage was But I suspect High Mileage with a 79,000 Mile Engine, Took me a Week and a Half But I'm sure happy!! During this Changeout I Replaced the Transmission Pan with a Deep Dish and made the By-pass Delete. So far I'm happy with the Results seems Like I am Running about 50 degrees Cooler and has never shifted better. The Deep Dish pan also has Cooling Tubes which are supposed to give you 20 Degree drop in Temp of Transmission Fluid.
ZMANN likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If I understand the bypass valve/tubes function correctly it is there to bypass the trans fluid back into the trans when there is a blockage of the cooler. So with the bypass removed or blocked there's no way for fluid to get pushed to the rear of the trans should you have a cooler blockage and therefor your trans would destroy itself in short order.
This is what was explained to me by my trans shop guy who rebuilt mine 10 years ago, and I had to go back to him recently because my trans temp gauge was reading like 190ish in the winter in normal around town driving, it was always like 150ish. He checked my bypass valve and it was faulty and leaking fluid back into the trans with out ever making it to the front coolers. Now I probably only noticed because I have a temp gauge but if not probably would've gone undetected until a major over heat of the fluid from towing or a good long commute in traffic on a hot day.
I would bet you'd have the same results if you just replaced the valve, without the added risk you now have. Just my opinion

Duffster/aka Rich D
Early 99 F250 XLT,White/Silver,4x4,SC,SB,A/T,PMT1,ARE LSII tonneau,Amp Research power steps,MB Razor's,35-12.5-20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2,Rhino Liner,Rancho9000's,Bushwacker Street Flares,DP-Tuner F5,True-Cool Max,AFE modified-W.D.RamAir,5"Hypermax exhaust,Hypermax DP,Firestone Ride-Rites,4" Rough Country lift w/dual steering stabilizers,AutoMeter-ProComps/triple pillar,heated TTT mirrors,DEI remote start,Amsoil enhanced.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-11-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Duffster I have replaced the Transmission Cooler with a 24"x36" 40,000 lb Cooler. Even with this Cooler and using my Power chip on the Lowest Level I was still getting 230 degree and higher Temps, Causing me to not use the Power Chip . If you get a Piece of debri in your Cooler to stop it Up the Bypass will only save you a short time . Getting debri in the Cooler would be the Result of Catastrophic Failure from the Transmission. The Fluid goes through the Filter before being pumped throughout the Transmission and more Damage is Caused by Overheating the Fluid than any other Cause !! So I by Eliminating the Transmission Pypass have ensured Lower Transmission Fluid Temps and Decreased the Likelihood of Transmission Damage!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode