2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Odd question about injectors

Hey everyone, looks like I need new injectors for my truck but I'm in a weird spot. When my dad bought the truck new from the dealership in 2002 they told us it had either dr power or dr performance injectors in it but I can't remember which ones or if that is for sure what they are. The truck doesn't have a tune on it and it has always ran much better than a stock 7.3 so it definitely has some different type of injector in it. I would like to replace the injectors with the same ones but can't find any information on them. Is there a way to get these fixed, tested, or get new ones?

Edit - maybe it does have a tune

Last edited by Buddylee; 07-18-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Garage
*Soft Whispery voice*

THE DEALERSHIP LIED TO YOU

get Full Force 160 or 180/30s from @[email protected] and call it a day
post #3 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:31 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Dr. Performance out of Idaho used to be a big name in the early 2000s when diesel pick ups were slowly gaining momentum in the push for hp. But I haven't heard that name in a long time or if their even around anymore.

but I doubt your dad got a new truck from ford with a warranty that had aftermarket injectors.
Want to know for sure? pop the valve covers and pull them out and see whats etched on them for an ID
7.3_TurboDiesel likes this.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That is definitely a possibility, but the truck has had something done to it. Even the diesel mechanic that has been working on it for me asked if I was running a tune because of the power it has, so it's not just in my head. It's always put some black smoke out of the tailpipe too when you get on it, so I don't think its stock. Also this is a small-town dealership that we do businesses with and I don't see them lying, but yes it's still possible.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:36 AM

Garage
Well if you had injectors you'd have a tune. If you had a tuned truck with injectors you would certainly know... My money is you have a Super chips tow tune.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Hate stupid people

are you talking about a little bit or enough to put out a visible cloud whenever you force it to ?

EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:39 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee View Post
That is definitely a possibility, but the truck has had something done to it. Even the diesel mechanic that has been working on it for me asked if I was running a tune because of the power it has, so it's not just in my head. It's always put some black smoke out of the tailpipe too when you get on it, so I don't think its stock. Also this is a small-town dealership that we do businesses with and I don't see them lying, but yes it's still possible.
Aftermarket injectors required programming the ecm to run right. Sooo..... most likely you have stock injectors and the dr fella hasn't been in business for probably 15+ years. IF you are set on getting bigger injectors I would contact @[email protected] he run cncfab llc a reputable vendor.

You will need a php hydra chip or ts 6 pos chip (preferable hydra chip) with a few custom tunes.... Probably a modified stock, modified tow, and modified daily driver tune so you can use the truck for various purposes. Then injectors. I would encourage you to look at 160/30. Once the chip and injecotrs are set you have to look at the next items. The stock 4r100 transmission is a ok transmission its really not bad, but... they aren't known for handeling power that well. A modified valvebody with the custom tuning will really help keep the transmission going strong. then I would do at least a Ehaust Gas Temperature EGT gauge at minimum.

160/30 injectors
php hydra chip with at least 3 custom tunes
modified valvebody
egt gauge (minimum)

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
post #8 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:41 AM
Hate stupid people

depending on the "small down dealership" and "mechanic" wouldn't their diagnostic system be able to read the computer to see a tune?
my diagnostic system that I use on our semis/trucks is easily 10 years old but is capable of that

EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #9 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Buffalo7.3 View Post
Well if you had injectors you'd have a tune. If you had a tuned truck with injectors you would certainly know... My money is you have a Super chips tow tune.
That's definitely a possibility, how would I check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
are you talking about a little bit or enough to put out a visible cloud whenever you force it to ?
From day one if you really get on the gas and look in the mirror you could see it blowing out some black smoke. It's not like the rolling coal videos but it's visible.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-18-2019, 06:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee View Post
That's definitely a possibility, how would I check?

From day one if you really get on the gas and look in the mirror you could see it blowing out some black smoke. It's not like the rolling coal videos but it's visible.

Read Clover's post from above. Dealer should i have tools showing if it was ever flashed or currently has a tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode