Running rough/no power. About to kill myself - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 Old 11-19-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
No, the #8 "imbalance" is actually normal (it's different that the other 7) and your problems are more severe than something like that anyway.

Get a Gauge on the fuel system, see what's happening there...
What about a cylinder #1 Inbalance?

'02 F-250 7.3
180/80% Stage 2 Full Force Injectors
S&B Intake
Hydra running Gearhead Tunes
5" Straight Pipe
Bellowed Up-Pipes
Bilstein 5160 Resi's
Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer
etc, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 11-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Something you can look into once you have the more serious problem resolved (what ever that might be). But your video isn't about #1 cly not passing Cylinder Contribution Test...
post #23 of 30 Old 11-22-2018, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've heard that sound before with top speed at around 30mph! I went through everything with no results. I brought it to Perry Pitre Ford in Eunice to check it out, I trusted the shop and diesel mechanic there. After a $1700.00 bill and stripped wires everywhere from them ohm testing, I finally got pissed off and drug the truck out off the shop and fixed it in 45 mins. Your UVCH wires are coming loose, it may look plugged in good but they are loosing contact. In the video you are actually running on one bank of the motor, "one side only". Yes it will run on one bank only, very rough. Pull valve covers, one side will have a problem. Be sure to inspect the pins and pin sockets in plugs for any burnt spots. After you do that start your motor with covers off to be sure it's fixed and you can check your injectors while your at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 Old 11-22-2018, 04:27 PM

Ya can't just come in at the end of these things...

Read Post #4
post #25 of 30 Old 11-22-2018, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
Ya can't just come in at the end of these things...

Read Post #4
But he still hasnt answered if the new harnesses he installed were the updated version with the locking tabs, or if they were OEM did he do the 50c mod?(see post #13) I agree It possibly could be a fuel issue but sure sounds a lot like a UVCH coming undone and that would also explain the randomness of it, think its worth looking at

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat Ultimate/EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5 exhaust/2.5 BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20 XD grenades
post #26 of 30 Old 11-23-2018, 07:06 AM

And IDM/UVCH was My first thought too

But, he replaced the UVCH and I don't see the "New Locking" clip as such an issue. I mean, no matter which version it was, it's gonna work Brand New! (look at how long the worst of the designs worked for). To add to that, he has no IDM related codes and the IDM is the most closely monitored module in the truck. IDM/UVCH issues like that would surely have resulted in a SES light and generated code at some point...
post #27 of 30 Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Wow! Did not get any emails from replies from you guys I'm sorry! I would've replied sooner.

Truck SEEMS to be working today I ended up just having my buddies at the shop work on it for me since I didn't have the time to be down anymore.

ICP Sensor was leaking oil so they replaced that, they are pretty sure that wasn't the cause just a little preventative.
Fuel pump was putting out 38 PSI so they looked into fuel issues.
They dropped the tank and discovered the pickup tube was broken and screens were clogged.
So they replaced the pickup tube and cleaned the screens. Additionally the tank was full of contaminants so they cleaned the entire fuel tank.

Problems seem to have gone away, in addition to that we replaced the fuel pump with an Airdog 4G since they were already in the tank and they were on sale for 10% off (good excuse huh?)

Charged me $800 in parts and labor for everything and threw some fuel in it too.

Going to drive it around and ensure that the problem is 100% eradicated, but I didn't have any issues on the drive back to my house.

Once again I'd like to thank you guys. I really appreciate it!
hansel likes this.

'02 F-250 7.3
S&B Intake
5" Straight Pipe
Bellowed Up-Pipes
Bilstein 5160 Resi's
etc, etc
post #28 of 30 Old 12-08-2018, 04:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Glad you got it fixed. Don't ever let that 7.3 get you down. It's a simple motor to work on once you realize that most problems are maintenance issues. Always change your air filter, fuel filter and oil together, do a little research on the motor, diesel guy Ron on you tube, RIP, you can learn alot watching his videos. Your 7.3 will take care of you for hundreds of thousands of miles with good maintenance. Enjoy your truck, you have a good one.
post #29 of 30 Old 12-08-2018, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugtruck1* View Post
Glad you got it fixed. Don't ever let that 7.3 get you down. It's a simple motor to work on once you realize that most problems are maintenance issues. Always change your air filter, fuel filter and oil together, do a little research on the motor, diesel guy Ron on you tube, RIP, you can learn alot watching his videos. Your 7.3 will take care of you for hundreds of thousands of miles with good maintenance. Enjoy your truck, you have a good one.
Unfortunately, I've only had this truck for about 10k miles. I maintain everything it just seems like I run into problems from previous owner. The hubs had mud in them when I bought the truck. Has to clean it and regrease everything. Put a new front end on etc.

'02 F-250 7.3
S&B Intake
5" Straight Pipe
Bellowed Up-Pipes
Bilstein 5160 Resi's
etc, etc
post #30 of 30 Old 12-08-2018, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanh96 View Post
Unfortunately, I've only had this truck for about 10k miles. I maintain everything it just seems like I run into problems from previous owner. The hubs had mud in them when I bought the truck. Has to clean it and regrease everything. Put a new front end on etc.
I've bought 2 used 7.3's and yes it suck's fixing poor mechanic work by the PO, I get so pissed off and would love too ***** slap the guys that had my dually before me

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4
2003 7.3L CCDRW
S&B intake, 4" Flo-Pro Exhaust
ISSPRO EGT/Transmission. Edge SCT2
PHP Hydra chip's
2015 Heartland Prowler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode