1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-14-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My favorite truck..........

I have 4 F-350's that I use in my business. My favorite one was taken out west last month to do a job and is DOA. I had it towed into a diesel shop out there in Colorado, and whatever it is that they smoke out there, it must be GOOD. Let me explain.
The truck was in a minor accident. The driver hit one of them yellow poles in a parking lot. messed up the drivers fender and the side of the front bumper . Not a big deal. The truck sat for 2 weeks and wasn't used. Now it won't start. It was running fine prior to the accident. I had it towed to this shop and they smoke it over-no pun intended-they call me and tell me the engine has "Massive" blow by and that I need a new engine.
Now check this out- He gives me 3 prices for engines. $9000 for a junkyard engine with 30 day warranty, $12000 for a "used" engine with a 1 year warranty, or $16000 for a reman. This is for them to take my engine out, switch over whatever they need to and reinstall the new engine.
AND, this guy was totally serious when he was giving me these prices. I just told him I would think it over. Next call was to a vehicle shipper. It's being picked up in 3 days.
How can He says it's got "massive" blow by if they engine wont start ? Does any of this make any sense to anybody ? The truck WAS running fine until the accident, that's what got me messed up. He said he gave it a few shots of-get this-"Alternative Fuel", meaning ether. And it didn't even try to fire. The truck does have 300k on it but it's been well cared for it's whole life. It's just very coincidental that after the accident it wont run.
I guess once it gets back to Florida, I'll have a better understanding of what's going on. If any of you guys have an idea of what could of happened to this- let me in on it, appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe check the fuel reset button on the passenger side kick panel. I'm glad you did let them work on it.
SparkyF250 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JesseKFK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 F250 XLT CC 6.0 PowerStroke FX4 R.I.P. 3.6.16

Livewire TS LOoNeY
Studded
BPD 58v FICM
BPD Oil&Egr Cooler
Glow Shift Pyro,Fuel
High Idle Mod UF#4
Fog Light Mod
Harpoon Mod
Dome Override Mod
6000k Bi-neon Hids
Sinister Coolant Filter
8in Rize Ind 4 link
35" Mickeys on 20s
Blue Leds
Power Service Every Fill Up
ATV 2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 FI
KCCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
I hate Edge power products so much, I quit using Edge shaving gel
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2017, 09:32 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Where in CO is the truck, a little town with only one "mechanic"?

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Where in CO is the truck, a little town with only one "mechanic"?
It's up north by Fort Collins- actually it's at a "highly sophisticated " diesel shop ,where they do all kinds of high performance stuff. My error in judgment taking it there, I should have known better, but I was thinking "they know diesels, why not" After further checking. I found out, it's the kind of place that all the rich kids take their trucks to get all the mods done, on daddy's dollar.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseKK View Post
Maybe check the fuel reset button on the passenger side kick panel. I'm glad you did let them work on it.
The fuel being shut off wouldn't cause it to have blow by, would it? And it ran after he hit the pole, cause he drove it back and parked it for 2 weeks.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 06:52 AM
AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmill View Post
It's up north by Fort Collins- actually it's at a "highly sophisticated " diesel shop ,where they do all kinds of high performance stuff. My error in judgment taking it there, I should have known better, but I was thinking "they know diesels, why not" After further checking. I found out, it's the kind of place that all the rich kids take their trucks to get all the mods done, on daddy's dollar.
Does the shop's name start with an L?

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Does the shop's name start with an L?
No, starts with a E-no names mentioned
post #8 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The only thing I can think of, is while it was sitting for those 2 weeks, It got very cold and something internally broke or cracked. Is that a possibility?
post #9 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 01:56 PM
AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmill View Post
No, starts with a E-no names mentioned
Ok, not the place I was thinking about.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you get them figured out soon.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Quote:
post #10 of 11 Old 04-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
maybe something on the IDM got busted in the accident or came loose while sitting

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Soldó2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode