IDM fix the 110 I have or get a 120? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IDM fix the 110 I have or get a 120?

Is there a definite advantage to getting a IDM-120, or is IDM-110 great, too? This is the crux of my question. I am going to have Swamps re-build/build me a High voltage and high frequency IDM, but I can send in either my 100, my 110, or get a 120 and send that in if it is best. Thanks.

I had some rough running (code po 475 for exhaust pressure) and swapped my IDM-100 in for the IDM-110 original to the truck (I think, 3rd owner) and that cleared everything up except the cruise cutting out, which was the low brake fluid (slow leak at master, maybe should fix?).
So, now it's running tops but I want to have a spare IDM handy and figured I may as well get the Swamps' higher voltage and higher frequency IDM, not their regular version. Later I will chip it, add baby swamp injectors and pyro guage. Has 4" turbo back, K&N, 6.0 cooler and full built trans (figured I'd start there, need it reliable every day, thus a 1997, not new, no chance after the 6.0MG).

7.3, 08/1997 build. Heavy Duty F250,
stock Off-Road package (4WD), 4.10, gold, black full length steel step bar.
EO4D rebuilt (just to be sure), 6.0 cooler, deeper pan, Schaeffer synthetic.
K & N, to 3" downtube, to 4" SS

Nokian snow tires.
Snap-On scanner.

Antique Golf diesel. Made here in PA. 0-60 in less than a minute. Volt. Wrangler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 1196 Post(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Save your money. That idm is only more beneficial for higher HP applications.

If you want it done, send it to Jonathan at Diesel Technologies of Chattanooga. He left Swamps due to a falling out. He's the one who came up with the HiFi IDM anyway.

www.cncfab.us

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-04-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good to know. I emailed Chattanooga. Thank you Corey.

7.3, 08/1997 build. Heavy Duty F250,
stock Off-Road package (4WD), 4.10, gold, black full length steel step bar.
EO4D rebuilt (just to be sure), 6.0 cooler, deeper pan, Schaeffer synthetic.
K & N, to 3" downtube, to 4" SS

Nokian snow tires.
Snap-On scanner.

Antique Golf diesel. Made here in PA. 0-60 in less than a minute. Volt. Wrangler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-04-2018, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 1196 Post(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sure thing.

www.cncfab.us

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #5 of 5 Old 12-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you want it done, send it to Jonathan at Diesel Technologies of Chattanooga. He left Swamps due to a falling out. He's the one who came up with the HiFi IDM anyway. www.cncfab.us
Wow, Swamps will regret that!

I talked to Jon when my Hydra was having a problem. He found a failed capacitor and fixed it. All I could get out of Jay was "it's all proprietary".

Thanks for that bit of info Corey, good to know.

97 F350 XL std cab, zf5, srw (converted), 4wd, 3.55s, stock wheels/tires & rebuilt 9.18
2 Donaldsons, 3" dp, ACs, T500, HV LPOP, Hydra w/PHP, DIY 60 gl tank w/6 gl sump, eFuel/Cat filters, Aeromotive RR, Auber instruments, 140v IDM, KC 300X 63/70/84, boost fooler, RiffRaff bellowed up pipes, 6.0 IC, 3" plenums w/RiffRaff inserts & SB 425HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode