10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 Old 01-21-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 1214 Post(s)
Quoted: 1452 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Buffalo7.3 View Post
So you would say that he can run them on his stock pump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
The stock fuel pump and stock hpop will run up to stage 1.5 just fine as long as they are healthy for everyday use. For extreme use, you would be pushing your luck. The issue is unless you check fuel pressure and hpop pressure and percentage demanded often, neither will give any warning when they start to fail. That said, to get rid of the extra fuel lines and fuel canister out of the engine valley is so worth the effort to change to e-fuel.
What he said.

I hate the stock fuel system on OBS trucks. Royal PITA to work on when getting into the valley.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What he said.

I hate the stock fuel system on OBS trucks. Royal PITA to work on when getting into the valley.
I watched the video on the "home made" e fuel setup and it looks like it will work well for me. I'm just going to have to budget out these mods as they're starting to stack up a hefty bill. My biggest concern is still the transmission and how much abuse they can take

97 F350, straight piped, 6637 intake, HDX oil crossover
post #33 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Trans limits greatly depends on tuning. I credit my stock trans life to the custom Tony Wildman tunes. Done some heavy towing, long road trips, lots of abuse in 100 degree Houston weather and still drives today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 Old 02-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomginda73 View Post
I watched the video on the "home made" e fuel setup and it looks like it will work well for me. I'm just going to have to budget out these mods as they're starting to stack up a hefty bill. My biggest concern is still the transmission and how much abuse they can take
Hi tomginda73, I don't know a fraction of what these other individuals helping you do, but for what it is worth;

back at around 180k I needed new injectors so researched it and went with FF 160/0. Stock mech fuel pump at that point and installed 6 pos chip with FF tune. (mostly stock truck, except installed 3" downpipe). Mechanical pump handled it pretty well unless you got up around position 3 on the chip and kept your foot in it for longer than 5-10 sec.... 'occasionally' would get CEL and assumed it was from lack or fuel or HPOP press (always reset and never made the truck run badly). If you left chip in 'stock' or 'heavy tow' position, worked fine, no problems at all. (Just before all of this needed to rebuild trans, so did that with all current upgrades and installed cooler with external filter).

Since then have upgraded turbo to Corey's recommendations (drop in KC turbine wheel, 360 bearing kit, etc), installed 4" ss exhaust (cat/muf delete) and Fuga e-fuel. These upgrades made a BIG difference in performance.

I still need to complete an intercooler system to help with EGTs for towing (the 4" exh helped lower EGTs as well). The truck really runs well now (220k miles) and I tow 10k plus loads regularly on long trips.

scott

“Always stand on principle even if you stand alone”
― John Adams
post #35 of 43 Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 1214 Post(s)
Quoted: 1452 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottu5 View Post
Hi tomginda73, I don't know a fraction of what these other individuals helping you do, but for what it is worth;

back at around 180k I needed new injectors so researched it and went with FF 160/0. Stock mech fuel pump at that point and installed 6 pos chip with FF tune. (mostly stock truck, except installed 3" downpipe). Mechanical pump handled it pretty well unless you got up around position 3 on the chip and kept your foot in it for longer than 5-10 sec.... 'occasionally' would get CEL and assumed it was from lack or fuel or HPOP press (always reset and never made the truck run badly). If you left chip in 'stock' or 'heavy tow' position, worked fine, no problems at all. (Just before all of this needed to rebuild trans, so did that with all current upgrades and installed cooler with external filter).

Since then have upgraded turbo to Corey's recommendations (drop in KC turbine wheel, 360 bearing kit, etc), installed 4" ss exhaust (cat/muf delete) and Fuga e-fuel. These upgrades made a BIG difference in performance.

I still need to complete an intercooler system to help with EGTs for towing (the 4" exh helped lower EGTs as well). The truck really runs well now (220k miles) and I tow 10k plus loads regularly on long trips.

scott
Excellent.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #36 of 43 Old 02-05-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottu5 View Post

scott
Thanks Scott I'll definitely take all of that into consideration. I'm taking my truck this weekend to my trans guy for a service and I'm going to see what he can tell me about the condition its in as far as wear is concerned. The truck just passed 100k which is nothing for these but I still want to make sure the trans is in good enough shape before I start adding power.

post #37 of 43 Old 04-08-2019, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey guys so I've been doing more research and I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Baby Swamps injectors and tuner. Anybody have any experience with that setup?

post #38 of 43 Old 04-08-2019, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Hesitant to answer because I don't want to take anything away from Corey!
I like my baby swamps and turbo setup. I will always wonder if I would notice a difference with 160's. Tuning is fine, but I have nothing to compare it to. Their Tow tune fits perfectly for me.

I'm not implying that swamps customer service is bad. In fact, it was very good. But, I've also gone through Corey for purchases, and his is excellent!

-Eric-

96 cclb, baby swamps, TS 6 position w/swamp's tunes, billet wheel, 1.0 housing, diy ebpv delete w/plugged pedestal, 3" downpipe to 4" exhaust, 6637, boost, egt, trans gauge, fully built trans, 203* tstat, 08 diff cover, airlift helper springs

post #39 of 43 Old 04-08-2019, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey guys so I've been doing more research and I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Baby Swamps injectors and tuner. Anybody have any experience with that setup?
There are several great tuners out there but at this point I prefer Dp tuners and have used them on several occasions. My son's truck with baby swamps and swamps tunes where very smokey and just seemed to labor to make power. Changed to Dp tunes and exhaust cleaned up yet made more power.

Jack

On board air, 38 Gal rear tank, E-fuel, 6" lift on 35's
323000 miles
post #40 of 43 Old 04-08-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
Quote:
There are several great tuners out there but at this point I prefer Dp tuners and have used them on several occasions. My son's truck with baby swamps and swamps tunes where very smokey and just seemed to labor to make power. Changed to Dp tunes and exhaust cleaned up yet made more power.
Can I get DP tunes for a hydra? Ideally I'd like to have both to see which ones work best for me but I took a look on their website and didn't see anything about purchasing just tunes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode